Now it's the 70s turn - 10 Worst Songs

bbb

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like #7, I want it played at my funeral.

I also like #6, but do agree with their comment about two people discovering they are cheating.

Funny, those are the only two that I don't hate. I really liked Seasons when it was a hit and was like 12.......But, listening to it now, it didn't sound as palatable as I remember.

And, Jim - Maggie May - are you kidding me?!? This was the ten worst - not best! (Although I like You Wear It Well even better from that era of Rod.)

Funny, those are the only two that I don't hate. I really liked Seasons when it was a hit and was like 12.......But, listening to it now, it didn't sound as palatable as I remember.

And, Jim - Maggie May - are you kidding me?!? This was the ten worst - not best! (Although I like You Wear It Well even better from that era of Rod.)

This is sarcasm right? Or do you really have a closet full of leisure suits?

Early 70s Rod Stewart is some of the best rock music ever. I doubt you'd have many rock critics say otherwise.

Plus, his stuff with The Faces - and you want to put him in with Disco Duck??

In 2004, Rolling Stone ranked the song (Maggie May) #130 on their list of The 500 Greatest Songs of All Time.

Looks like VH1 had it ranked even higher:

69. "Maggie May," Rod Stewart.

The only bad song on there is Disco Duck...

What about:

Little Willy by Sweet

You Make Me Feel Like Dancing by Leo Sayer

Brand New Key by Melanie

Having My Baby - could qualify for one of the worst pop songs of the century, and Little Willy would be right there with it!

:sick:

Rod Stewart's vocals can be grating but I don't see how anybody can consider Maggie May to be a bad song.

I don't know which song I would single out as their worst, but Foreigner should be on the list somewhere.

anything by Foreigner. anything by Paul McCartney after 1973. And 'The Night Chicago Died'.