Now it's the 70s turn - 10 Worst Songs

bbb

Apparently my earlier post was deleted for being to political, so I will ask as neutrally as I can-whats wrong with the lyrics?

They're simplistic, shallow, and generally ****ty.

Too Tea Partyish

:lol:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vs what? I imagine you must listen to deeply profound and thoughtful music. Give examples.

I listen to all types of music, even some Skynyrd once in a while. I'm generally just not a fan of southern rock (with a few exceptions), although I have seen .38 Special in concert (that was a riot). I was asked why I didn't like the lyrics, I told you why I don't like the lyrics. I generally don't rag on people for their musical tastes; unlike Sage, I think different musical and lyrical tastes are generally not reflective of a person's ability to critique music in general.

If you really want me to list some stuff, I will, but I don't think that's your point or mine.

Edited by LeviF91

I listen to all types of music, even some Skynyrd once in a while. I'm generally just not a fan of southern rock (with a few exceptions), although I have seen .38 Special in concert (that was a riot). I was asked why I didn't like the lyrics, I told you why I don't like the lyrics. I generally don't rag on people for their musical tastes; unlike Sage, I think different musical and lyrical tastes are generally not reflective of a person's ability to critique music in general.

If you really want me to list some stuff, I will, but I don't think that's your point or mine.

*Hugs*

I saw Skynyrd pre-plane crash at the Aud in Buffalo. Great show.

OK, based solely on lyrics, you tell me if these are shallow and sh***y:

The Ballad of Curtis Loew

Saturday Night Special

What's Your Name?

You will get a lot of stories in their music, rightly so. I just don't see where the lyrics are bad, and I'm a lot more about the music but come on.

I saw Skynyrd pre-plane crash at the Aud in Buffalo. Great show.

I've heard that they used to put on awesome shows.

OK, based solely on lyrics, you tell me if these are shallow and sh***y:

The Ballad of Curtis Loew

Saturday Night Special

What's Your Name?

You will get a lot of stories in their music, rightly so. I just don't see where the lyrics are bad, and I'm a lot more about the music but come on.

"The Ballad of Curtis Loew" is actually a song I enjoy a lot. I didn't say Skynyrd was bad. I was asked what I didn't like about "Sweet Home Alabama." If they were really asspained about what Neil Young said about the south (maybe their name should have been Thinnerd Skinnerd), I think they could have come up with something better than that.

In the words of the late, great Warren Zevon:

"'Sweet Home Alabama'

Play that dead band's song.

Turn the speakers up full blast,

Play it all night long."

*Hugs*

:nana:

One of the best parts of the show was Ronnie was at the edge of the stage leaning over singing into the mic. Some idiot from the front row jumped up and tried to grab his hat. Without skipping a beat Ronnie bashed the guy in the face with the base of the mic stand.

The next best part was the fact that my buddy smuggled in a three foot bong in his trench coat. We were the heroes of our row.

Edited by Chef Jim

One of the best parts of the show was Ronnie was at the edge of the stage leaning over singing into the mic. Some idiot from the front row jumped up and tried to grab his hat. Without skipping a beat Ronnie bashed the guy in the face with the base of the mic stand.

:lol: That is great.

The next best part was the fact that my buddy smuggled in a three foot bong in his trench coat. We were the heroes of our row.

And this is even better.

"The Ballad of Curtis Loew" is actually a song I enjoy a lot. I didn't say Skynyrd was bad. I was asked what I didn't like about "Sweet Home Alabama." If they were really asspained about what Neil Young said about the south (maybe their name should have been Thinnerd Skinnerd), I think they could have come up with something better than that.

In the words of the late, great Warren Zevon:

"'Sweet Home Alabama'

Play that dead band's song.

Turn the speakers up full blast,

Play it all night long."

:nana:

Well, when you come out with the song that Dylan did, you are saying that all Southern men are cross burners and such. I see no problem in taking a shot at him in a song- a different time than now... a LOT different.

Well, when you come out with the song that Dylan did, you are saying that all Southern men are cross burners and such. I see no problem in taking a shot at him in a song- a different time than now... a LOT different.

I have no idea what you're talking about unless you're referring to Neil Young's Southern Man then I know exactly (kind of) what you're talking about.

:huh:

I have no idea what you're talking about unless you're referring to Neil Young's Southern Man then I know exactly (kind of) what you're talking about.

Yeah, they specifically refer to Young in "Sweet Home Alabama." I'm guessing Bmore just mixed up his classic rock lyricists.

That's what I meant... where in the heck was I yesterday????? I must have been clouded thoroughly in Bills thought. What a gaffe!!! :wallbash: