What NFL game interests you most this week?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me it's Texans vs Titans....AFC Playoff Implications that affect the Bills.

this is an interesting topic, i enjoy watching games during the bye week as how it affects the bills. in the game you mentioned, not sure who to root for, but i think rooting for the titans would be the way to go. we play them and assume we win that game, but then again, not sure , do we want to concede the division to houston? i think rooting for san diego against the jets is an obvious choice though.

Edited by dwight in philly

this is an interesting topic, i enjoy watching games during the bye week as how it affects the bills. in the game you mentioned, not sure who to root for, but i think rooting for the titans would be the way to go. we play them and assume we win that game, but then again, not sure , do we want to concede the division to houston? i think rooting for san diego against the jets is an obvious choice though.

I don't know about that... we may want to root for the Jets, because the Chargers aren't an automatic lock to win the AFC West, and if they are a wild card team we need to have them lose.

We shouldn't go to the playoffs if we can't beat the Jets anyways, but I have a feeling that the Chargers will be our competition if we keep winning, and the Jets are not strong enough to make it to the end of this season with a chance at a playoff spot.

If the Raiders and Chargers keep winning, the end result is one spot left for the Bills against the Steelers/Titans/Texans/Bengals/Jets, and that's a lot of competition to have to beat out.

Edited by BmoreBills

For me it's Texans vs Titans....AFC Playoff Implications that affect the Bills.

I don't think so. I see only one team coming out of the South-- so it will not have playoff implications. Given the Bills are likely to be competing for the wild card--if anything-- I think pulling against Oakland, NYJ and Pittsburgh is of greater interest, as those three teams will be offering some of the primary competition for a wild card berth IMO.

The only thing that interests me during the bye week is what the weather forecast is going to be for Sunday because that is the only weekend during the fall my wife is going to pry my ass of the coach between 1PM and 7PM to admire the fall foliage. :lol:

Edited by LabattBlue

I don't know about that... we may want to root for the Jets, because the Chargers aren't an automatic lock to win the AFC West, and if they are a wild card team we need to have them lose.

We shouldn't go to the playoffs if we can't beat the Jets anyways, but I have a feeling that the Chargers will be our competition if we keep winning, and the Jets are not strong enough to make it to the end of this season with a chance at a playoff spot.

i agree, i do think san diego could be our competition for a wild card, your point about the jets is valid, just want them out and we get our shot at the chargers.. tough call , though

I don't think so. I see only one team coming out of the South-- so it will not have playoff implications. Given the Bills are likely to be competing for the wild card--if anything-- I think pulling against Oakland, NYJ and Pittsburgh is of greater interest, as those three teams will be offering some of the primary competition for a wild card berth IMO.

Too early in the season to say only one gets in from AFC South IMO.

i agree, i do think san diego could be our competition for a wild card, your point about the jets is valid, just want them out and we get our shot at the chargers.. tough call , though

Our only hope is that the Raiders tank a few games before Palmer gets warmed up if the Chargers beat the Jets. That darn Palmer trade really made it hard for the Bills to compete in the end.

Our only hope is that the Raiders tank a few games before Palmer gets warmed up if the Chargers beat the Jets. That darn Palmer trade really made it hard for the Bills to compete in the end.

well, oakland has only miami left to play out of our division,so rooting against the raiders is a given for sure and i do think their remaining schedule is weak, so you have to hope palmer goes flat.

If the Raiders and Chargers keep winning, the end result is one spot left for the Bills against the Steelers/Titans/Texans/Bengals/Jets, and that's a lot of competition to have to beat out.

The Chargers finishing 2nd place with 10wins and holding the tiebreaker over us is a really bad scenerio and I have a hard time not seeing them win 10games with Rivers not even playing well yet and being 4-1. While they may not be a lock to win the division I think we better hope they do.

Edited by BuffOrange

The Titans-Texans game is big for both teams coming off losses, and could give an inside track to the AFC South.

The Lions-Falcons game has playoff implications. Let's see how the Lions respond after losing and how the Falcons handle a big game on the road.

The Jets-Chargers game is another game with playoff implications. The Jets still want to prove that they are as good as they were last year and now have confidence after getting a win. The Chargers need to show they can win on the road in a big game. While the Chargers have been winning, they haven't really looked "Super".

Upset Alert: Keep an eye on the Cardinals-Steelers game. Steelers have won a two in a row and look to be getting hot. Even though the Cardinals have been a disappointment, they still have players that can make a difference. Playing in Arizona will be tough, and with the Patriots looming next week, the Steelers could be looking ahead.

Upset Alert: Keep an eye on the Cardinals-Steelers game. Steelers have won a two in a row and look to be getting hot. Even though the Cardinals have been a disappointment, they still have players that can make a difference. Playing in Arizona will be tough, and with the Patriots looming next week, the Steelers could be looking ahead.

Arizona's defense is so abysmal so far that even with the Steelers looking ahead it doesn't look good for Arizona- but that is why they play the games.