Kent Hull Passed Away

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:cry: I was heart sick all night. That was a wonderful man. One of the sweetest. He pissed Kelly off when he saw me walking by Jim's RV party and he raised the rope to let me in. He just told Jim that I belonged in there. I out of respect just hugged a few of the guys and left. I was on a Bills cruise and Kent sat at my table with a big black eye I asked if he won the fight and he told me he was loading a bull and it kicked him. My favorite Hull story was when he was hiking me the ball in the Bills parking lot after a game and I just pinched his butt. He turned around so fast and I replied I had no interest in the ball or breaking a nail but always wanted to pinch his a$$. :cry: bye I hope we meet again but I'll have to be very, very good. Gosh I really loved that old team. They were so much fun. All my love, you dear sweet cuddly bear of a man.

:cry: I was heart sick all night. That was a wonderful man. One of the sweetest. He pissed Kelly off when he saw me walking by Jim's RV party and he raised the rope to let me in. He just told Jim that I belonged in there. I out of respect just hugged a few of the guys and left. I was on a Bills cruise and Kent sat at my table with a big black eye I asked if he won the fight and he told me he was loading a bull and it kicked him. My favorite Hull story was when he was hiking me the ball in the Bills parking lot after a game and I just pinched his butt. He turned around so fast and I replied I had no interest in the ball or breaking a nail but always wanted to pinch his a$$. :cry: bye I hope we meet again but I'll have to be very, very good. Gosh I really loved that old team. They were so much fun. All my love, you dear sweet cuddly bear of a man.

Somehow I knew you'd have some good stories...

Rest in Peace, 67. You will truly be missed. I loved listening to your interviews. Such a sad day. Here's an article from his hometown news. He was loved everywhere:

Greenwood Commonwealth

By BILL BURRUS

Sports Editor | 0 comments

Kent Hull was a standout football player in high school, college and the NFL.

He is well-known for his four years as the starting center for Mississippi State and later as a Pro Bowl performer who played in four Super Bowls with the Buffalo Bills.

But Mr. Hull, who died Tuesday at 50, will be remembered by those who knew him best for so much more.

They remember a gentle giant who was giving, was a great friend and was a loving father and husband.

RIP Kent, and thoughts and prayers to his family, former teammates, and friends here that have met him in the past. And to all of us, as we are part of the Bills family.

I have a a suggestion for TBD: a photto of Kent Hull on the top of the page for the remainder of the season in his honor.

Caught this remembrence at the Mississippi St. site Never heard this before but thought it spoke volumes about #67. RIP

His fellow players regard Hull as a great teammate and he revealed a piece of that legend in the locker room after their first Super Bowl loss, a 20-19 defeat by the New York Giants. A last second 47-yard field goal attempt by Bills kicker Scott Norwood went wide right as time expired. “I’m getting ready to leave the locker room and there’s Scott Norwood sitting there, still in his uniform,” he says. “I went over there and said ‘take your stuff off and get over there in the shower.’ And he’s all upset. I said, ‘Scott, let me tell you something. Had I done my job better, that 47-yard field goal might have been a 33- or 37-yard field goal. Now you go get in the shower.’ And I waited till he got dressed and we left together.”

Caught this remembrence at the Mississippi St. site Never heard this before but thought it spoke volumes about #67. RIP

His fellow players regard Hull as a great teammate and he revealed a piece of that legend in the locker room after their first Super Bowl loss, a 20-19 defeat by the New York Giants. A last second 47-yard field goal attempt by Bills kicker Scott Norwood went wide right as time expired. “I’m getting ready to leave the locker room and there’s Scott Norwood sitting there, still in his uniform,” he says. “I went over there and said ‘take your stuff off and get over there in the shower.’ And he’s all upset. I said, ‘Scott, let me tell you something. Had I done my job better, that 47-yard field goal might have been a 33- or 37-yard field goal. Now you go get in the shower.’ And I waited till he got dressed and we left together.”

I'm getting all verklempt again :cry: :cry: :cry:

I want to thank you for finding this and posting it here. RIP, Kent.

What a GREAT teammate! :worthy: :worthy: