Carson Palmer to Raiders

judman

I don't see any problem with this.

2 1st's for an established, starting QB w/ a PB resume is the norm these days. IMO, Palmer is still scary good.

I Love Trade Deadline Day in the NFL!

Reminds me of a Halloween blockbuster we pulled of 24 years ago -w/ multiple 1st's, PB RB's and a highly touted rookie LB.

I believe I'll have a drink and reminisce..:beer:

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand this trade KD. And, it might not go over to well in the locker room. Campbell has been holding players only meetings (according to SIRIUS Radio) to motivate the team, etc. And, they are currently 3rd in the AFC in points scored.

Cincy, if they don't screw it up, can be a great team sooner than later.

I guess it could create some locker room issues next year, but for 2011 Campbell is done and they need a solution immediately. If Palmer can get them in the playoffs and on an upswing, that buys him a lot of credibility with his teammates before next year's training camp.

This would be a good move for the raiders

I don't see how, Palmer has been sitting at home.. and even if he has been working out and throwing he has no timing down with any of the current Raider receivers. How long will it take him to get into football shape where he knows the current system, understands the terminology. I mean c'mon, he was regressing his last two years in Cincy. I don't see this as a very smart move, not for 2 first rounders.

Plus Campbell should be back in 6 weeks, what then?

This move was born out of emotion and desperation to make the playoffs, seems so foolish.

I wish Cincy was in the NFC. This goes through, they will be well positioned.

They still have Mike Brown running the show, limited scouts/scouting capabilites and Marvin Lewis running the show. Unless any or all of those 3 things change, the best cincy will do is a 1-and-done in the playoffs.

Buy now, pay later. Never works.

It sure as hell does if the Raiders make the playoffs this year. And it sets them up well for the next 4-5 years.

Edited by Ramius

According to a source, if the Raiders win a playoff game in the 2011 season, the Bengals would get a first-round draft pick in 2013.

If the Raiders don't win a playoff game in the 2011 season then the Bengals would receive a second-round pick in 2013.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7118158/oakland-raiders-verge-getting-carson-palmer-cincinnati-bengals-sources-say

I think this is a big overpay by the Raiders, but at the same time, if they feel they are in shape to make the playoffs with him and not make it without him, that is a big franchise moment. It clearly is an overpay that will have some ramifications in a couple years in a pro-Bengals anti-Raiders way.

But why is nobody talking about the big news here! While a competitor for one for one of the two wild card spots just got better, our Strength of Victory tie breaker likely got a little boost too! Not against the Patriots who also beat them, but could be important against the Jets who are suddenly just one game behind us :)

People, the object isn't merely to make the playoffs, it's to win the freakin' Superbowl! If the Raidahs believe they have a legitimate shot to win the Superbowl this year (which I don't), then maybe you trade 2 first round picks for a soon to be 32 year old QB who hasn't taken a single rep in 2011. If you have more holes on your team than QB, or you don't think your team could legitimately win the Superbowl THIS year, then NO WAY do you make this trade! It's a terrible trade for the Raidahs, no ifs ands or buts about it.

They still have Mike Brown running the show, limited scouts/scouting capabilites and Marvin Lewis running the show. Unless any or all of those 3 things change, the best cincy will do is a 1-and-done in the playoffs.

It sure as hell does if the Raiders make the playoffs this year. And it sets them up well for the next 4-5 years.

I don't know if it was true or not, but it was rumored a few years ago that the Bengals partially relied on the Ourlads scouting guide during draft prep or on draft day. :lol:

Edited by LabattBlue

People, the object isn't merely to make the playoffs, it's to win the freakin' Superbowl! If the Raidahs believe they have a legitimate shot to win the Superbowl this year (which I don't), then maybe you trade 2 first round picks for a soon to be 32 year old QB who hasn't taken a single rep in 2011. If you have more holes on your team than QB, or you don't think your team could legitimately win the Superbowl THIS year, then NO WAY do you make this trade! It's a terrible trade for the Raidahs, no ifs ands or buts about it.

Wrong. The object is to make money.

A bad team with chronically bad attendance that is having it's first exciting season in a decade makes money by keeping the momentum going forward.

Wierd... Campbell is/was doing great for them...

You know that he was hurt and is gone for the season, right?