Maybin has 0.5 less sacks than our entire team

deep2evans

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew someone would be all over this. Get rid of Edwards!

I'm not going to say it's Edwards fault because plenty of Bills coaches probably had input on that decision (including Wanny). I guess getting cut really lit a fire under Maybin. This hurts.

Maybin with big 3rd down sack against Chargers. He lined up against Ryan Matthews and easily got around him. Beating Matthews isn't that impressive, but the Jets do a great job of putting him on the field in situations where he won't be trying to get around an OT.

Very, very fair to ask why the Bills failed so badly at putting him on the field in situations where his weaknesses would be masked and his strengths be maximized.

Sorry, this really pisses me off. Look forward to the defense of our geniuses upstairs (Gailey and Nix).

damn good question

He beat the RB for that one. Count me less than impressed.

Yeah snuffing out the opening drive of a top conference team and setting the tone for the game by doing exactly what a legit pass rusher is supposed to do is not impressive. For all the improvement in the Bills its infuriating that we were a competent defensive staff away from making a memorable leap this year. Now we have a wiffed disaster #1 and a premature release with the same player.

Yeah snuffing out the opening drive of a top conference team and setting the tone for the game by doing exactly what a legit pass rusher is supposed to do is not impressive. For all the improvement in the Bills its infuriating that we were a competent defensive staff away from making a memorable leap this year. Now we have a wiffed disaster #1 and a premature release with the same player.

So how long should we have kept a player who was embarrassed every time he stepped on the field? You should be pissed at Maybin, not the Bills.

This is the mindset that is so stupid.

First off, this is a message board, its where you second guess ****.

Second off, the point is why did he not work for the Bills and then work VERY well for our division rivals. He wasn't even getting put on the field by Gailey and we all said "wow, this must be because he really sucks". Well, guess what. His numbers on the Jets don't lie. I'd love to hear Gailey/Nix explain this.

They missed. Plain and simple. They missed. It happens. But its time for Bills fans to be comfortable in criticizing Nix and Gailey.

The Bills missed are you serious?

What week is this? I didn't realize he was in the hall of fame

The guy is fast but is CLEARLY not an every down player

The bills made a mistake drafting him and decided to move on which I'm sure you were on board with it but he gets a couple sacks 7 games into the season and now the bills missed. How dumb is that logic

Edited by Max997

This is the mindset that is so stupid.

First off, this is a message board, its where you second guess ****.

Second off, the point is why did he not work for the Bills and then work VERY well for our division rivals. He wasn't even getting put on the field by Gailey and we all said "wow, this must be because he really sucks". Well, guess what. His numbers on the Jets don't lie. I'd love to hear Gailey/Nix explain this.

They missed. Plain and simple. They missed. It happens. But its time for Bills fans to be comfortable in criticizing Nix and Gailey.

I take it you actually haven't watched any of the "sacks".

I'll give Maybin credit in that when the play breaks down because of great coverage his speed shines.

It's not like Maybin is getting these sacks by beating a blocker and getting to the QB.

All of the sacks were where the play broke down because the Jets took away the pass with their secondary play.

We don't have that luxury in Buffalo even if he were on the field he still wouldn't work in Buffalo.

Edited by Why So Serious?

So what are we arguing about here? That we should have kept Maybin?

PTR

It appears that way. I mean come on, Maybin is with the Jets, hell anyone on this board could make a sack or two with there scheme. I remember the days when people were crying for the guy to go now they admiring his 3sacks..

It appears that way. I mean come on, Maybin is with the Jets, hell anyone on this board could make a sack or two with there scheme. I remember the days when people were crying for the guy to go now they admiring his 3sacks..

Totally agree. The Jets have a lot of players in defense that command attention and with their scheme a guy like Maybin with his speed can get sacks but that doesn't mean the bills missed.

Sometimes it's just better to move on, period.

The good news is the Jets are losing

Edited by Max997

not sorry we let him go but its things like this that show you what good defensive coaching can do for you and how much better we could be with a good defensive coordinator to run the 3-4 defense properly not this hybrid **** we need someone here who can run the 3-4 the way it should be run