The 2011 Bills remind me of

major

I believe our Bills will end up representing the AFC in the Super Bowl this February. There are so many similarities to our 2011 Bills and the 1999 Rams. They had bigger names than us on O; however, their D was anything but spectacular. I hope we end up with the same result: a championship. Go BILLS!

I believe our Bills will end up representing the AFC in the Super Bowl this February. There are so many similarities to our 2011 Bills and the 1999 Rams. They had bigger names than us on O; however, their D was anything but spectacular. I hope we end up with the same result: a championship. Go BILLS!

I believe in rehab, you should, too. Coccaine is one hell of a drug.

I do hope you're right, though. However, there are traits that set us apart. Their Oline gave better time to Warner, for one.

The Rams did the high wire act with Holt and Bruce. Then they killed you down low with Faulk. Freddie is playing sorta like Faulk and Fitz has that quick release of Warner. But we don't have that vertical stretch ability the Greatest Show on Turf had. Bruce and Holt were breaking big plays left and right for passes of 20 yards or more.

Not saying that we don't have that ability at times we certainly get plays down field to a lot of guys but we don't strike like those Rams.

St. Louis had a top 10 defense that year. This thread is a trainwreck. Fail.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?seasonType=REG&offensiveStatisticCategory=null&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=TOTAL_YARDS_GAME_AVG&tabSeq=2&season=1999&role=OPP&Submit=Go&archive=true&conference=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=TOTAL_YARDS&qualified=true

The Rams did the high wire act with Holt and Bruce. Then they killed you down low with Faulk. Freddie is playing sorta like Faulk and Fitz has that quick release of Warner. But we don't have that vertical stretch ability the Greatest Show on Turf had. Bruce and Holt were breaking big plays left and right for passes of 20 yards or more.

Not saying that we don't have that ability at times we certainly get plays down field to a lot of guys but we don't strike like those Rams.

huh? he takes forever to rooster (i said it) the ball back and let it go. i think u made this up

Do you know anyone that can get you into the Betty Ford Clinic? Their defense wasn't spectacular until you compare it to ours. The defense had 3 Pro Bowlers, and gave up over 400 yards of offense once all year, we do it every single game. On offense, they had two future Hall of Fame wideouts and a #3 in Hakim that had blazing speed. They had a Hall of Fame running back, the biggest all around threat from the RB position ever. They had one of the top 2 or 3 LTs in NFL history. And I really like Fitz, but he is no Kurt Warner.

Edited by billsfreak

Ok, put down the bottle please. How is the hangover this morning. I like the optimisim though. In all serisouness, if the D can somehow figure out how to rush the passer you're not far off. But, the Bills won't acquire one at the trade deadline. They would rather hold onto a "vaulable" 4th round pick who will most likely be cut. Actually, the Bills should trade their 1st rounder. They have terrible success in that round. You could get a couple great pass rushers with that.

Edited by RyanC883

more likely comparison - 1987 Bills.

more likely comparison - 1987 Bills.

I'd be happy with that. The '87 Bills were the transitional team: post-pathetic and pre-SuperBowl. I hope Nix/Gailey are moving in the same direction as the '87 Bills. It does have a little of that feeling, though I expect the 2011 Bills to have a better record than the 1987 Bills.

Offensively, the Rams had a decent TE, Holt, Bruce, Az Hakim, Faulk, and a backup QB. Defensively, they had the top D against the run was 2nd in interceptions and only allowed 15 ppg. When it comes down to it, the Bills can't shut down an offense outside of Kansas City.

I've thought of this too, but I wouldn't go to that extreme; I'm thinking more like the 2008 Cardinals that got to the super Bowl. As a whole they weren't incredible and shouldn't have been in the super bowl or maybe even the playoffs, but they had a potent enough offense and an opportunistic defense that got hot in, and had things go their way in the playoffs. Like that team, if the Bills make playoffs they will be a very dangerous team if they get hot, but they're not that Rams team. the only similarity they have is that they sucked the year before and had a nobody QB.

Edited by Cru Jones