Wow Schopp and Bulldog are stupid.

FreakPop

These 2 are absolutely useless. Haven't a clue and yelling at callers. Wow

Stop listening. Turn on 97 and be done with it. Schopp is a Bills hater and Sabres lover (here's my prediciton on his beloved Sabres... no Stanley Cup with Miller... he's overrated and incapable). And Bullfrog knows he's incapaable of matching wits with Schopp so he just agrees all the time. It's a joke of a radio station. Add in the drunks who call in and it's worthless.

No, they're right. Standard tard football fan blaming coaches and giving players the free pass. Remember all those posts about the Bills throwing in a tie game vs. NE? Yah me neither.

They weren't already in field goal range against NE. Big difference!

I actually agree with them here...lol.

Play calling wasn't the problem. The play just wasn't executed by the QB. 1 on 1 coverage, wr beats his man. QB just underthrew it.

If we run it, people complain Chan Gailey is Dick Jauron, if we throw it we should have been killing the clock. Pretty easy to be critical in hindsight. The only thing to be critical with that play is Fitzy.

Even in hindsight I actually don't mind the aggressive mentality of the play calling. Its who Chan Gailey and our offense is. We spread the ball out.

Play calling wasn't the problem. The play just wasn't executed by the QB. 1 on 1 coverage, wr beats his man. QB just underthrew it.

If we run it, people complain Chan Gailey is Dick Jauron, if we throw it we should have been killing the clock. Pretty easy to be critical in hindsight. The only thing to be critical with that play is Fitzy.

Even in hindsight I actually don't mind the aggressive mentality of the play calling. Its who Chan Gailey and our offense is. We spread the ball out.

Perhaps we shouldn't be as aggresive on the road?

just a minor inconvenient fact.... :lol:

I know, Schopp and his puppet have got to be the dumbest twits to ever host a radio show. Their representation of Buffalo sports is atrocious and an embarrassment to anyone who hears them that is not from Buffalo.

just a minor inconvenient fact.... :lol:

Equally as minor and inconvenient is that keeping the clock running was more advantageous in the NE game where there was only 2 minutes left, vs. today where there was 4 minutes left....

But of course with our steel curtain defense 3 minutes wouldn't have been enough time for a Giants drive. :lol:

Equally as minor and inconvenient is that keeping the clock running was more advantageous in the NE game where there was only 2 minutes left, vs. today where there was 4 minutes left....

But of course with our steel curtain defense 3 minutes wouldn't have been enough time for a Giants drive. :lol:

Against NE, Bills got the ball with about 3:30 left from their own 20. Pretty sure they're not going to run the ball into FG range. Fitz threw a deep ball to Donald Jones (said to be the Bills' fastest WR, and didn't play today), then followed it up with a screen and a short pass to FJ. 2 fairly low-risk throws.

Absolutely terrible comparison.

The ball was on the 26 or so, right? The Bills couldn't have killed 4 minutes with 2 first downs?

I dunno, chances are better with a 3 point lead and less than 3 minutes to go than a tie game and the Giants 4 minutes to go.

I'll take the lead and less time for the Giants.

Against NE, Bills got the ball with about 3:30 left from their own 20. Pretty sure they're not going to run the ball into FG range. Fitz threw a deep ball to Donald Jones (said to be the Bills' fastest WR, and didn't play today), then followed it up with a screen and a short pass to FJ. 2 fairly low-risk throws.

Absolutely terrible comparison.

I'm not talking about the Jones play I'm talking about the Spiller play, where they went empty backfield at 2 minutes. Realizing that intermediate throws over the middle are never picked off and there is only one option for the QB on every 5wide empty backfield play, I'm sure you'd still think it was a terrible comparison if the LB didn't blitz on the Spiller play, making Fitz throw somewhere else.

Good God. :wallbash:

Edited by BuffOrange

I'm not talking about the Jones play I'm talking about the Spiller play, where they went empty backfield at 2 minutes. Realizing that intermediate throws over the middle are never picked off and there is only one option for the QB on every 5wide empty backfield play, I'm sure you'd still think it was a terrible comparison if the LB didn't blitz on the Spiller play, making Fitz throw somewhere else.

Good God. :wallbash:

yeah, you did a wonderful job of putting words into my mouth. any way you want to spin it, the throw on the "Spiller play" was far less dangerous than the play to SJ today.

are you guy who gets all upset when people criticize Peter King?

Edited by bills44

Stop listening. Turn on 97 and be done with it. Schopp is a Bills hater and Sabres lover (here's my prediciton on his beloved Sabres... no Stanley Cup with Miller... he's overrated and incapable). And Bullfrog knows he's incapaable of matching wits with Schopp so he just agrees all the time. It's a joke of a radio station. Add in the drunks who call in and it's worthless.

No need to bash Miller. Incapable?!

Fitz made a bad throw. End of story. Everyone can debate play calls etc., but the play was there and Fitz botched the throw and we lose as a result. I'm not calling for his head like other morons, this is the style of offense Gailey and co. brings to the table. Move on to the bye at 4-2 and look to beating the Skins.

yeah, you did a wonderful job of putting words into my mouth. any way you want to spin it, the throw on the "Spiller play" was far less dangerous than the play to SJ today.

are you guy who gets all upset when people criticize Peter King?

"Putting words in your mouth" and "spin" - that's a nice cop-out. So you agree there was more than one option for the QB on the empty backfield Jackson throw and that he might've thrown to a deeper WR if the Pats didn't blitz. OK then, great, so now your busted argument makes even less sense.

Inasmuch as I think Peter King is a pretty generic analyst who doesn't offer much insight, I've never been "all upset" about anyone criticizing him. I have pointed out that he picked us to the SB in one of the Bledsoe years in response to the "no respect" crowd who think he has some vendetta against Buffalo. Sorry that obviously made you 'all upset' as you somehow remember this 3 years later.

lol stick to the bills.....

"Putting words in your mouth" and "spin" - that's a nice cop-out. So you agree there was more than one option for the QB on the empty backfield Jackson throw and that he might've thrown to a deeper WR if the Pats didn't blitz. OK then, great, so now your busted argument makes even less sense.

Inasmuch as I think Peter King is a pretty generic analyst who doesn't offer much insight, I've never been "all upset" about anyone criticizing him. I have pointed out that he picked us to the SB in one of the Bledsoe years in response to the "no respect" crowd who think he has some vendetta against Buffalo. Sorry that obviously made you 'all upset' as you somehow remember this 3 years later.

Haha...no, your post was a completely accurate representation of what I posted. :lol:

I have no idea what routes the WRs ran on the Spiller play - I'm pretty sure that you don't either. I do know that the Bills were at about the NEP* 40 when the play was run, which is to say that they were not in FG range. Once again, apples and oranges.

I really don't care what King has to say, but I was wondering if you were the guy who criticized people who didn't agree with King. Yep, it was you. :thumbsup:

Haha...no, your post was a completely accurate representation of what I posted. :lol:

I have no idea what routes the WRs ran on the Spiller play - I'm pretty sure that you don't either. I do know that the Bills were at about the NEP* 40 when the play was run, which is to say that they were not in FG range. Once again, apples and oranges.

I really don't care what King has to say, but I was wondering if you were the guy who criticized people who didn't agree with King. Yep, it was you. :thumbsup:

BuffOrange, er Schopp is that you? Hmmm....... <_<

Edited by FreakPop

First it was apples & oranges that the QB threw a pass to a WR who ran a different route. Now that that dumb theory has been shot down, it's "they weren't yet in FG range". Backpedal some more. :lol:

I really don't care what King has to say

Obviously you do.

First it was apples & oranges that the QB threw a pass to a WR who ran a different route. Now that that dumb theory has been shot down, it's "they weren't yet in FG range". Backpedal some more. :lol:

Obviously you do.

The two situations were completely different. Are you always this obtuse?

1. Ball in FG range with 4:00 left vs. ball out of FG range with 2:00 left.

2. Risky throw (you know, in that the same play resulted in an INT just a quarter earlier) vs. relatively low risk throw.

3. banged up OL, with 3rd string LT facing strong pass rush vs. healthy OT, with 1st string LT facing ****ty defense.

4. game in which defense hadn't come close to making a play vs. game in which defense had forced several turnovers, including a pick-6.

Other than that, yeah, the situations were identical, though.

As for King, hey if you can find me making critical posts about him, I'd love to see it. Is he related to you or something? Why do you take such offense to people criticizing his column(s)?

Everyone seems to be oblivious to the fact FJ gained all of 50 yds after his big 80yd TD. So the Giants had our run game bottle up. So tell me why we were supposed to run the ball there? Everyone also seems to have forgotten how windy it was and a FG attempt from outside of 40 yds was no gimme.

PTR

Everyone seems to be oblivious to the fact FJ gained all of 50 yds after his big 80yd TD. So the Giants had our run game bottle up. So tell me why we were supposed to run the ball there? Everyone also seems to have forgotten how windy it was and a FG attempt from outside of 40 yds was no gimme.

PTR

Why couldn't the Bills have run "safe" passing plays - say a screen to FJ, or a pass to Chandler? We all hear about how elusive Brad Smith is, so how about an end around or reverse for Smith?

Also, if the winds were such a factor, then maybe throwing a 25-yard pass maybe wasn't such a great idea?

The two situations were completely different. Are you always this obtuse?

1. Ball in FG range with 4:00 left vs. ball out of FG range with 2:00 left.

2. Risky throw (you know, in that the same play resulted in an INT just a quarter earlier) vs. relatively low risk throw.

3. banged up OL, with 3rd string LT facing strong pass rush vs. healthy OT, with 1st string LT facing ****ty defense.

4. game in which defense hadn't come close to making a play vs. game in which defense had forced several turnovers, including a pick-6.

Other than that, yeah, the situations were identical, though.

Again, running clock is a much bigger plus with 2mins left than with 4, regardless of whether or not we're 5-10 yards out of FG range. I think it's pretty obvious why, but who knows if you actually disagree or are just arguing to argue at this point.

I also think Brady is more scary than Eli regardless of what's happened previously in the game (as Brady showed yesterday) but forgetting that, not having much confidence in your defense yesterday is precisely why you call whatever gives you the best shot @7 points.

As for King, hey if you can find me making critical posts about him, I'd love to see it. Is he related to you or something? Why do you take such offense to people criticizing his column(s)?

I'm not the one who brought it up and is still obsessing over it however many years later; so why don't you find the posts where I took 'such offense'.

Rather have that aggressive identity/mentality- it's proven to win games for a lot of teams.

Why couldn't the Bills have run "safe" passing plays - say a screen to FJ, or a pass to Chandler? We all hear about how elusive Brad Smith is, so how about an end around or reverse for Smith?

Also, if the winds were such a factor, then maybe throwing a 25-yard pass maybe wasn't such a great idea?

Having Stevie run a go route with man to man when he's already beaten his man twice before in the game was perfectly fine. Throwing a "safe" screen pass works for you because you're automatically assuming that the play goes for positive yardage. What happens if FJax get's stuffed 3 yards behind the LOS. That "safe" screen pass ends up backfiring.

Having Stevie run a go route with man to man when he's already beaten his man twice before in the game was perfectly fine. Throwing a "safe" screen pass works for you because you're automatically assuming that the play goes for positive yardage. What happens if FJax get's stuffed 3 yards behind the LOS. That "safe" screen pass ends up backfiring.

Then you're still in FG range.

Four minutes and they had two time outs and the 2 minute warning. There was an eternity left in the game. And if you score a TD, worst case scenario is overtime. It was a bad pass, not a bad call.

Four minutes and they had two time outs and the 2 minute warning. There was an eternity left in the game. And if you score a TD, worst case scenario is overtime. It was a bad pass, not a bad call.

sure it was. no need to try and score a td there. absolutly the wrong call.

You must be a huge Jauron fan then

Nope. there is/was a huge difference between Jauronball and what the right playcalling should have been yesterday.

Believe it or not, there are times in a game where allout is not the answer, and yesterday with 4 minutes to go at the Giants 27 was one of those times.

So sorry you, and all your friends can't comprehend that.

What you can't comprehend is that Stevie Johnson had single coverage on a go route and had his man beaten. The perfect call made in the perfect situation, just a bad throw, it happens.

So the Bills score a TD on that play. Giants get the ball with 4 minutes left, then what?

So the Bills score a TD on that play. Giants get the ball with 4 minutes left, then what?

Then we either stop them or we don't, worse case, we go into overtime. I'd throw to Stevie Johnson any time he has single coverage.