The Call

Simon

Maybe not the time to go over the top in a tie game and the Giants already having wasted one of their TO's.

Lots of foolishness out there today but Chan still had a late lead on the table and gave it away....

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chan called the right play, Fitzpatrick however,did not execute.

Why ask him to throw that route there?

I'm not demanding he throw Fred and Corey into the middle of the pile, but there was NO need to attack the endzone in that situation

Best case scenario that plays puts us up 7 and puts the game in the hands of our defense (GULP) with 4 minutes to go. We saw the worst case scenario play out. You run the ball there and kill some clock, especially when your QB already threw a pick trying the exact same pass earlier in the game.

It is absolutely not the right call to be throwing it up like that on first down. Passing is fine if it's a slant route or another screen to Freddie but a f"ing fade to a well covered Stevie? Give me a break.

Maybe not the time to go over the top in a tie game and the Giants already having wasted one of their TO's.

Lots of foolishness out there today but Chan still had a late lead on the table and gave it away....

I agree, Simon. We should have been taking time of the clock. But my sense is that the call was Fitz's to make. Whenever he sees man coverage he has a tendency to try to make a play and the attempt to SJ was no different. The sad thing is that SJ had his man beaten and if the ball weren't so grossly under thrown it may have been six. C'est la vie.

GO BILLS!!!

I'm not demanding he throw Fred and Corey into the middle of the pile, but there was NO need to attack the endzone in that situation

Yep, I said as much in the shoutbox BEFORE the play was run. It'd be one thing if the Bills had a stout D, and the NYG were backed deep in their own territory, but the D is an absolute sieve.

Exactly. You can look at every single play called and say "well, if the players executed perfectly it would have been a TD".

That being said, I'd rather lose taking a shot like that then go Jauron style and lose by missing a long field goal because I refused to try to get closer.

Fitz allready underthrew for an INT on the exact same play earlier in the game, why risk it all and call it again... If you are going to call a pass play call something else, but yes it was a poor throw and a mistake by Fitz. Both coach and Fitz are to blame, coach first of all for risking it all and Fitz for not taking care of the ball (better make sure it goes over and out if it misses the receiver).

It is absolutely not the right call to be throwing it up like that on first down. Passing is fine if it's a slant route or another screen to Freddie but a f"ing fade to a well covered Stevie? Give me a break.

Stevie had two steps and a well-thrown ball is a TD.

Like the call or not, the second guessing only comes into play when the execution fails.

If that ball is well-thrown, we're celebrating and lauding Gailey for the aggressiveness.

Would Jauron ever allow his OC to make a call like that?

Stevie had two steps and a well-thrown ball is a TD.

Like the call or not, the second guessing only comes into play when the execution fails.

If that ball is well-thrown, we're celebrating and lauding Gailey for the aggressiveness.

Would Jauron ever allow his OC to make a call like that?

Did you think that the D would have stopped the Giants offense on the ensuing possession?