Our defense is bad.

I would say today has made it obvious that the turnovers are the results of some good fortune on our part. Fitz was far from perfect today, but our defensive secondary would struggle to stop a decent high school team in the pass skeleton.

I think it's as much of a problem that it looks like a 7/7 with the front being virtually invisible

I said earlier this week, this team still needs another pass rusher and cornerback (2nd rounder Aaron Williams?)…

That said, in a game this close, you can point at any number of plays as "the deciding play" both offensively and defensively.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

This game should hopefully put to rest all the talk about how bad Merrimen, Kelsey and Williams have been or are. Absolutely no pressure from the d. Moats is not the answer outside. I think the d is a lot better than they have played when at full strength. Florence was absolutely terrible today, completely killed us out there. McKelvin and Mcgee need to be playing as much as possible. I am not that down though. For as many mistakes as we had and with a lot of injuries, the game was ours on the road against a pretty good opponent. We will contend all year long.

well, the bills were going in for the td to take the lead and fitz blew it. the d did enough to win today. still bad but they still gave the offense the chance to take this game.

Agreed 100%. The offense blew this game away. The Giants were able to provide protection for Manning to throw and he threw mid-range to deep and they were successful. You cannot do much about that when there is no pressure on the QB. Florence was in a tough spot. Those guys are faster than him and without pressure on Manning, you cannot hold your side.

Missing 2 of your best pass-rushers, having another starter who was playing well, and relying on a bunch of rookies and 2nd year players, when the zebras REFUSED to call holding, will get you what you saw today.

I said earlier this week, this team still needs another pass rusher and cornerback (2nd rounder Aaron Williams?)…

That said, in a game this close, you can point at any number of plays as "the deciding play" both offensively and defensively.

Yup...

Fitz had two back-to-back sacks that forced us out of FG range. His two INTs hurt us. The Giants tackled better than us, made a few more plays than us and protected the football and came out victors. Congrats to them for a well deserved win.

We had some injuries on the front today so I won't be as hard on them, but our safeties and corners have to play better coverage.

The safeties played really well, so did mcgee. Florence was an absolute disaster. It's pretty hard to cover guys for 20 seconds every play because there was zero pressure all day today from the front seven.

I would say today has made it obvious that the turnovers are the results of some good fortune on our part. Fitz was far from perfect today, but our defensive secondary would struggle to stop a decent high school team in the pass skeleton.

Definitely needs some new corners, when is Aaron Williams coming back.

I think most knew that coming into this game. The defense will be fine. It's not a dominating defense, but good enough to win 10 games, and maybe a playoff game against the right opponent. What else could anyone have hoped for coming into this season?

Missing 2 of your best pass-rushers, having another starter who was playing well, and relying on a bunch of rookies and 2nd year players, when the zebras REFUSED to call holding, will get you what you saw today.

Holding hasn't been called much this season on anyone in any game, today in our game was no exception.

This game should hopefully put to rest all the talk about how bad Merrimen, Kelsey and Williams have been or are. Absolutely no pressure from the d. Moats is not the answer outside. I think the d is a lot better than they have played when at full strength. Florence was absolutely terrible today, completely killed us out there. McKelvin and Mcgee need to be playing as much as possible. I am not that down though. For as many mistakes as we had and with a lot of injuries, the game was ours on the road against a pretty good opponent. We will contend all year long.

I dont think it should put to rest anything about kelsay and merriman. and who said williams has been bad.? this defense played just as well today as they did with those guys in the lineup.

McGee is a huge upgrade for us at corner. Florence was bad---but McKelvin wouldnt have done any better. In fact Florence's 1st pass interfernce saved a TD