BILLS @ GIANTS

Simon

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll give you the Williams--dont think we missed the other two.

Our D was actually slightly better than it has been(minus the big turnovers of course)

Too bad because I think The Giants are the second worst team we have played.

Bradshaw ran for over 100 and they were missing 2 starters on the o line. We weren't better, we played a team that's don't as good as the majority of the teams we've Played. We missed all 3 ( Williams, merriman and Kelsey bigtime tonight. We could have won if fitz played a "great " game. He did not. We lost

I blame this loss on the fans. How dare you not make enough noise at Giants stadium! You single handedly lost the game for the Bills. (sarcasm)

It's not any one persons fault. Stop throwing blame around. The Bills simply got beat by a tougher team.

I blame this loss on the fans. How dare you not make enough noise at Giants stadium! You single handedly lost the game for the Bills. (sarcasm)

It's not any one persons fault. Stop throwing blame around. The Bills simply got beat by a tougher team.

If Fitz doesn't underthrow that football by about 10 yards, is NY a tougher team?? We made severe mistakes, and some bad play calls. Things didn't break our way. But in no way can anyone look at this game and conclusively say NY is either a better team or a tougher team.

you must have missed the ne, oak, and philly games?

Teams are adapting to what Buffalo does in the second half. Buffalo didn't run the ball well in the second half, certainly not like their did in the first. Their short passing game can be taken away too easily because they don't feature a great intermediate to deep passing game.

Defensively, I've seen Philly and the Giants have their way with the Bills in both second halves. Think opposing coaches aren't seeing how to take away Buffalo's strengths. They're 1-2 in their last 3, but we'll see what happens over the long haul.

No Fitz lost that game miss managed it in the first should have thrown it away and took the points and I am not mad about the last INT aggressive I liked it. I thought our D did a fine job minus the Pass Interference calls on Florance (2 on critical downs) the D played good for missing so many players. The bye week couldn't have come at a better time for us.

We were in fg range and he threw a pick. You like it. It was a terrible play and fitz played a bad game. That's why we lost. Minus that last pick, we can over come our bad defense. That last pick was hard to overcome...even though we got the ball back with 1:30 left and had a TO down 3. But fitz blew it . Love fitz all you want. I love him too. He lost this game. Our defense played poorly, as it has most of the year, but fitz lost the game for us. Admit it, it's obvious.

it's tough to win on the road against good teams in the nfl. That's a fact. That's why you saw 3 pt wins against ne and oak, and 3 pt losses to nyg and cinci.

Good to see a level-headed, sensible take with some perspective.

You're not gonna win every one and it was an excellent game except that we lost.

Mistakes & penalties cost them this one.

Yep...

The Bills played pretty dumb as a Team today...And the Coaching was hot and cold...Going back to Fitz taking those sacks in the 1st Half and pushing us out of FG range...Florence not looking back for the ball to make a play...ever...The false start on the last drive...etc...

And that INT by Fitz was basically a head-shot to our chances...There is really zero reason to be pushing the ball down the field at that point...And I'll give you that fact that a good Pass is 6 points there no question...But we've got the Giants on the ropes and time is running down...That Stadium was so quiet you could here a pin drop...Fitz and Gailey got greedy and it cost The Bills big-time...

Anything but an under-throw there...That was a back-breaker...And I do agree the Bills got away from running it a bit...Got away from Freddie a bit...I had this feeling all Game The Bills knew they were the better Team...But they did not do the little things to close the deal...They should have won this Game by 10 points or more...Oh well...4-2 it is...It's AMAZING how close this Team is to 6-0 though...A play here and a play there...Hopefully we come out of the Bye healthier and a bit more disciplined...This is definitely a good Team...GO BILLS!!! B-)

Fact of the matter is this team does not have the talent to give up games like this. I'm not going to go out and say this team will not make the playoffs, but it's games like this that make you think that it's just not going to happen this year.

Turnovers, Drayton and the refs ginving the Giants the TD that wasnt and not giving us the clear PI against Jackson was too much to over come. Hopefully we'll have everybody back after the bye week.

Thank God you posted this. I went 3 or 4 pages without someone whining about the refs and was beginning to think I was in the wrong forum ;)

It's AMAZING how close this Team is to 6-0 though...A play here and a play there...

They are also pretty close to 1-5. It's easier to take these close losses when they've won a few close ones too. Can't be upset with 4-2, right?

Defensively, I've seen Philly and the Giants have their way with the Bills in both second halves.

I don't buy that. Three of our second half drives go for scores today if fitzy doesn't grossly underthrow those balls to stevie. That's all about execution and making a play. It has nothing to do with being physically or strategically dominated. Fitz made those plays against oak and ne and we won.

Fact of the matter is this team does not have the talent to give up games like this. I'm not going to go out and say this team will not make the playoffs, but it's games like this that make you think that it's just not going to happen this year.

We need another pass rusher, another cover man, a field-stretching receiver… minimally.

We knew this already. That's why I was against trading a draft pick for a receiver… because Lloyd/Wayne are not the missing piece, even if they would have made the difference today.

I'm thrilled to be 4-2 at the bye and would have gladly taken it before the season.

Yep.

You are what your record says you are. We're a 4-2 team… no shame in that.

Also, to end up so close on the road against a good team while making some critical errors is no shame. You are going to lose some games. Fitz makes those two throws that were pics we win. Get some guys back and strap it on against the Redskins in two weeks... CD

Yep.

You are what your record says you are. We're a 4-2 team… no shame in that.

good post. And keep in mind how far we've come in the last two years. Three years ago - if we lost the turnover battle -2 to a good team on the road it would have been one ugly ass blowout. Chan has made these guys competitive and instilled some real fight in our Bills.

You think the Bills aren't as good as the Giants? You would trade lineups? You think the Bills would lose at home?

This game shows how much we live and die by fitz.

If he plays well, we have a chance. If he doesn't, I don't like our chances. I like fitz, I'll say it again, but these 5 plays will determine whether or not he's our qb going forward. His picks and sacks tonight lost us the game. Say what you want. If you disagree. You're wrong. It's one game, he can rebound and make this right. Tonight, he was the difference between a win and a loss.

Also, to end up so close on the road against a good team while making some critical errors is no shame. You are going to lose some games. Fitz makes those two throws that were pics we win. Get some guys back and strap it on against the Redskins in two weeks... CD

You're right. Fitz makes those throws and we win. He didn't. We lost. Time will tell whether or not we should stick with fitz to be our guy. Everyone clamoring to resign fitz should wait and see how he does in the remaining games. He's a gamer. He wasn't today. We need someone who we can count on, game in, game out. Today, we couldn't count on him.

They are also pretty close to 1-5. It's easier to take these close losses when they've won a few close ones too. Can't be upset with 4-2, right?

I hear what you're saying...And yes, 4-2 is fine...But I honestly think they are a heck of a lot closer to 6-0 than 1-5...I really do...The Raiders made some ridiculous plays to stay close in that Game...We basically did not cover Wes Welker for 4 quarters and still beat the Pats...We let The Eagles back in that Game last week, but The Bills were clearly in control early...I know it pisses some around here off, but I still say the Bills win if they call that a catch in Cincy...If it's a catch we're up by 7 with 8 minutes to go and the Ball in Cincy territory...That would have been a mountain for Cincy to overcome...But anyway...

I think, like the Cincy Game, what this Game showed is that The Bills are still not quite good enough to close out a Game they clearly could win on the Road vs. a decent Team...That's the next step for this Team...This is a good, young, improving Football Team...And I'll take 4-2 in the next 6 Games as well... B-)