Donald Jones

Booger

Did anyone else notice (and sorry if this has been posted) that Donald Jones looked way more "complete" during the Philly game? I thought he looked the best WR on the field for the Bills and really showed some explosiveness after the catch. Previously they used him on those deep fly patterns for the most part, but during the Philly game they gave him a chance to "make a play" after the catch.

I know that this is also on the player to find their comfort zone and get acclimated to the game. I do believe the coaches saw this in him and made that move of Evans becasue of it. It has taken him a few weeks to find that zone and I truely think he found it after about 4 weeks.

Anyway, I do remember reading (I beleive Tasker stated) that Donald Jones has it all to become a true #1 in this league. I believe that (and did not earlier in the year) and I believe we are watching a WR come into his own just as we did with Stevie last year....

I agree. Maybe not with becoming a true #1 yet. He's got a lot to prove before he raises those eyebrows but he showed last year he could get ot done. Has shown this year minus the drops. He can go deep and showed against the Eagles he could get those posession catches and make plays. I think he's going to be really good. Let's hope this injury doesn't set him back too far.

He's certainly competent, and was gaining confidence. I think he was looking good in the last game because he was the guy that drew single the most. Fitz always says he looks for the open receiver. Philly was taking away Stevie and Nelson, which left Jones.

Did anyone else notice (and sorry if this has been posted) that Donald Jones looked way more "complete" during the Philly game? I thought he looked the best WR on the field for the Bills and really showed some explosiveness after the catch. Previously they used him on those deep fly patterns for the most part, but during the Philly game they gave him a chance to "make a play" after the catch.

I know that this is also on the player to find their comfort zone and get acclimated to the game. I do believe the coaches saw this in him and made that move of Evans becasue of it. It has taken him a few weeks to find that zone and I truely think he found it after about 4 weeks.

Anyway, I do remember reading (I beleive Tasker stated) that Donald Jones has it all to become a true #1 in this league. I believe that (and did not earlier in the year) and I believe we are watching a WR come into his own just as we did with Stevie last year....

He's got some work still to do but he's coming along nicely. I think he was a big part of the reason they were willing to trade Lee.

Edited by GaryPinC

My beef with Jones is that he doesn't make the tough catches. If it's an easy to just a little bit tough he catches them (with the exception of some drops on those as well). If you're going to be a stud NFL receiver you gotta catch those. See Brandon LLoyd or Santonio Holmes or even David Tyree for example. Not ready to say "we are watching a WR come into his own" just yet.

He definitely had his game face on for Philly and seemed to have an extra bounce in his step before getting injured… so yes, I noticed too.

My beef with Jones is that he doesn't make the tough catches. If it's an easy to just a little bit tough he catches them (with the exception of some drops on those as well). If you're going to be a stud NFL receiver you gotta catch those. See Brandon LLoyd or Santonio Holmes or even David Tyree for example. Not ready to say "we are watching a WR come into his own" just yet.

Jones has had a few drops but he made a fully extended layout snag for a TD on a ball that Fitzy zipped in from close range against KC.

That was a pretty difficult catch.

http://www.nfl.com/v...for-Fitzpatrick

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

That was a pretty difficult catch.

http://www.nfl.com/v...for-Fitzpatrick

A little bit tough. I was more referring to the kind of catch where you have to fight for the ball. Haven't seen him come down with any like that. He is young and hopefully he'll get it. However the rookie from Oakland and AJ Green can get those. If he's the #1 guy, he's gotta get those.

A little bit tough. I was more referring to the kind of catch where you have to fight for the ball. Haven't seen him come down with any like that. He is young and hopefully he'll get it. However the rookie from Oakland and AJ Green can get those. If he's the #1 guy, he's gotta get those.

This is really the only hole I've found in Donald's game, going up for the ball in the air and winning it. Stevie is very good at this. As you say, he's young and can get there.