Reggie Wayne

taglientep

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, if that's the case, he sticks around for a while AND is productive, I'll take it.

But like I said, at his age, I assume every year is his last, and it's hard to trade away picks for what amounts to a one year player.

I don't think we're going to the Superbowl with or without him, so I say give our younger guys playing time, pick up someone off FA and keep the draft for continued rebuilding.

No superbowl this year but play offs have become a VERY real possibility. I don't want to jinx us but going 6 - 4 the rest of the season would give us 10 wins. We are already dealing with the injury bug as usual but this year at least they aren't all going to IR. I think we need a little shot in the arm with a proven high level performer or 2 to help keep us rolling. As long as they can conceivably contribute for about 3 years or more I would say it's worth it.

I'm not talking about mortgaging the future but a 4th round pick for a Wayne or a Lloyd is a no brainer. We even have an extra 4th from the Evans trade. We would still have a full compliment of picks next year.

Again, if that's the case, he sticks around for a while AND is productive, I'll take it.

But like I said, at his age, I assume every year is his last, and it's hard to trade away picks for what amounts to a one year player.

I don't think we're going to the Superbowl with or without him, so I say give our younger guys playing time, pick up someone off FA and keep the draft for continued rebuilding.

He's only got one year left on his contract, so it would be a rental one-year situation.

I dont think this front office is going to be making any trades.. I think they'll stick with the building through the draft mantra. Who knows, maybe that extra 4th round pick helps us trade up to get a player we really want in the first 2 rounds. I like Wayne and all but 4th round picks are still valuable and we do have talent at WR without him.. Lets not over react to a Jones injury

I dont think this front office is going to be making any trades.. I think they'll stick with the building through the draft mantra. Who knows, maybe that extra 4th round pick helps us trade up to get a player we really want in the first 2 rounds. I like Wayne and all but 4th round picks are still valuable and we do have talent at WR without him.. Lets not over react to a Jones injury

It's not just Jones who's injured though. Don't forget Easley and Roscoe. If Buddy has doubts about one or both of them returning next year, why not make a move to bolster the position overall? I have no trouble with that.

If we actually do make a trade for Reggie Wayne, I for one would be happy with this. He would make us better than we are now. With some of the players getting back from injury in the near future, it also makes us better later. At 4-1, you have to continue to act as a playoff team looking to get better.

I thought after jones went down we would see more freddie and spiller together on the field. But a 4th for wayne at this point id do it! Like most said if its the ravens 4th pick isnt that more like a fifth? Its a later 4th im sure!

Edited by marauderswr80

It's not just Jones who's injured though. Don't forget Easley and Roscoe. If Buddy has doubts about one or both of them returning next year, why not make a move to bolster the position overall? I have no trouble with that.

But neither Lloyd or Wayne would have any affect on next year since they're only signed through 2011.

Again, no thanks. Giving up draft picks for old players is the opposite of what we are trying to do, isn't it?

This statement makes no sense. You do realize we are now 4-1 and in first place in the division? This isnt a team that needs more inexperience, its a team that can benefit greatly from a veteran presence, especially at a position we are decimated by injuries at. This is a team that should challenge for a playoff spot and could prove to be dangerous if we keep scoring like we are (something Wayne would help us do). Its not like Wayne is 39 years old and on his way out either. We can be a contender this season and over the next few seasons, and a Vet future HOF WR for our group on young WR's who also has a ton of playoff experience including multiple SB's and a SB trophy is only going to help that. Its not like we are talking about trading for D. Mason here like the Texans just did.

I know nothing about Reggie Wayne other than watching him consistently run great patterns and make great catches from Peyton Manning.

The only way the Bills trade for him, IMO, is if he is also selfless player, able to play the slot and wide, a willing blocker, a leader in the locker room and during practice, willing to sign a 2-3 year deal for not a lot of money, AND it is for a 4th or more likely a 5th round pick.

If all of those things are true, I'd say it has about a 20% chance of happening. If he fails in any one of the above, I think it's highly unlikely.