Absurdly premature 2011 playoff picture: Week 6

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/The-absurdly-premature-2011-playoff-picture-Wee?urn=nfl-wp9380

the texans will most likely win the afc south and i would abso-freakin-lutely love this 1st round matchup.

the pass defense is terrible.

they lost mario williams for the year.

sign me up!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/The-absurdly-premature-2011-playoff-picture-Wee?urn=nfl-wp9380

the texans will most likely win the afc south and i would abso-freakin-lutely love this 1st round matchup.

the pass defense is terrible.

they lost mario williams for the year.

sign me up!

The Bills win the tiebreaker over the Pats so this site is wrong. Talk about large market bias.

It doesn't really matter thought because there are still 11 games to be played.

Thanks for the post. Really the only 2 teams in the AFC that frighten me are the Raiders (McFadden is a beast, Cambell can have great games) and the Pats. We've beat them before, but I think we'll have to beat at least one of them again. Nice to be thinking about Playoffs, but we still need to win some games. Let's get the #1 seed!

The Bills win the tiebreaker over the Pats so this site is wrong. Talk about large market bias.

It doesn't really matter thought because there are still 11 games to be played.

It is not who is in the playoffs today, but who he thinks will be in the playoffs. For example, San Diego is currently 4-1, but he has Oakland winning the AFC West, although they are 3-2.

Thanks for the post. Really the only 2 teams in the AFC that frighten me are the Raiders (McFadden is a beast, Cambell can have great games) and the Pats. We've beat them before, but I think we'll have to beat at least one of them again. Nice to be thinking about Playoffs, but we still need to win some games. Let's get the #1 seed!

I would add the Steelers and Ravens too, they both are beatable on occasion but also can have near perfect games.

I don't care who we match up against, it is just fun to have the Bills be in the conversation for playoffs at this point.

My expectation is that we will go into the last week of the regular season needing to beat the Pats for a playoff spot. So that game will be our defacto playoff.

i believe the worst AFC matchups for the Bills are teams with a talented, fast defense and a reliable running game. For me, in order of difficulty, it's:

1. Baltimore

2. Pittsburgh

3. NYJ

The Jets look weak right now, but with a healthy o-line and if Shonn Greene gets it going, I really don't like that match-up.

As for the playoffs - we know we need to get to 10 wins. You need the Jets to win less and Tennessee to win less. I think Cincy will fall, and they need to, because they obviously have the tie-beaker over us. I also don't think Oakland wins MORE than 10, so we have the tie-breaker there. So that leaves playoffs spots for the division winners: Buff/NE, Balt/Pitt, Houston, San Diego. The leftovers from those battles get the wildcards. What's fascinating is that I think we could end up with a very winnable game if we get to that 10 win spot. It will more than likely end up being Houston or San Diego in that #3 spot (I think NE wins the division and gets a bye).

I really hate these early season predictions.....

Look....This is still a young team and we are going to lose some games here and there.....my first prediction for this team was 9-7 (I changed it last week to 10-6)

We are not going to keep winning nearly every game.....we are going to lose some of these close shootouts. It doesn't mean that this team isnt getting better quickly.

I would add the Steelers and Ravens too, they both are beatable on occasion but also can have near perfect games.

Steelers dont scare me nearly as much as Pats or Ravens.

For some reason the Steelers this year look average. Maybe as the season will go on the guys will get more focused. Butfor some reason right now they don't seem like the team from just a season ago.

Not saying the Bills shouldn't be hungry or over confident against any team

Steelers dont scare me nearly as much as Pats or Ravens.

For some reason the Steelers this year look average. Maybe as the season will go on the guys will get more focused. Butfor some reason right now they don't seem like the team from just a season ago.

Not saying the Bills shouldn't be hungry or over confident against any team

I agree. i thought the Steelers have looked average and dare I say... old?

Time to find out if Tomlin is a good coach or not

Not sure how they know whether Green Bay or Detroit get the bye...

Strength of victory tiebreaker. Green Bay's opponents are 10-15 (40% win percentage) and Detroit's opponents are 10-14 (41.7% win percentage)

Same reason the Bills would be top seed in the AFC over the Chargers

Edited by Drey