George Wilson named AFC Defensive Player of the Week

bills44

That's pretty remarkable when you consider another member of the same defense recorded 2 INTs in the game, one of which was returned for a TD. Wilson earned the defensive POW over that!

After the Maclin TD, Wilson was shown on the sidelines carrying a white board over to the defensive backs, presumably to go over assignments and coverages. Honestly what more could you ask for in terms of leadership (although I wondered at the time, wouldn't it be nice if we had a defensive coordinator who could do those things?). Wilson is a great all-around story and dude.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

After the Maclin TD, Wilson was shown on the sidelines carrying a white board over to the defensive backs, presumably to go over assignments and coverages. Honestly what more could you ask for in terms of leadership (although I wondered at the time, wouldn't it be nice if we had a defensive coordinator who could do those things?). Wilson is a great all-around story and dude.

Wilson just grabbed the Board and handed it to a Defensive Coach...They showed it on the telecast...Let's not go all "Bruschi" with GW...He's a darn good player and a BIG upgrade over you-know-who...But he's not even working on a cure for cancer yet... ;)

This is all Ralph's fault. If he wasn't so cheap the Bills would have Whitner as their starting safety and they wouldn't be forced to start a bum like Wilson.

Well it is Ralph's fault for bringing Marv back or Lil Donte never would've been here in the 1st place. Then again, George Wilson never would've been here if not for Marv. After thinking about it, the safest move is to just say :censored: Ralph anyways, cause that always works. :D

Congrats George!:thumbsup:

I was immensely impressed with the fire that GW brought to the field on Sunday. That being said, he is the 4th leading tackler and tied for fourth in interceptions in the league this year with 3. He has been building a Pro Bowl resume and is showing that the faith that the folks at OBD put in him was warranted. Great to see his hard work, dedication and tenacity rewarded!

Pro Bowl votes should have been cast during that 1st half last week, because the dude was beating the iggies almost singlehandedly :worthy: . Congrats the other Mr. Wilson. And just as an aside thank you to Dick Jaroun for converting him to safety, because I never gave him any credit for doing anything good and George proved me wrong this year. :worthy: