George Wilson named AFC Defensive Player of the Week

bills44

That's pretty remarkable when you consider another member of the same defense recorded 2 INTs in the game, one of which was returned for a TD. Wilson earned the defensive POW over that!

I was thinking the same thing that he may be competing against a fellow defense member.

Since we're a little short at wide receiver now and George broke in as a WR, why not let George play there this week?

With his combination of strength and speed, He could be AFC OFFENSIVE player of the week this week. :thumbsup:

I do not think would hurt for him to take snaps this week and suggested it in another thread. On 4th down if Wilson is on the field I think it would make Giants have to commit a DB to him and possibly be confused and take a precautionary time out. We know he is a good blocker.

Way to go, Senator. Couldn't happen to a harder-working more deserving guy!

What happened?

Did the Bills hire Mike Leach as an offensive assistant?

After the Maclin TD, Wilson was shown on the sidelines carrying a white board over to the defensive backs, presumably to go over assignments and coverages. Honestly what more could you ask for in terms of leadership (although I wondered at the time, wouldn't it be nice if we had a defensive coordinator who could do those things?). Wilson is a great all-around story and dude.

I think it was Catavolos that he handed the board to.

I was immensely impressed with the fire that GW brought to the field on Sunday. That being said, he is the 4th leading tackler and tied for fourth in interceptions in the league this year with 3. He has been building a Pro Bowl resume and is showing that the faith that the folks at OBD put in him was warranted. Great to see his hard work, dedication and tenacity rewarded!

Isn't it great having a big safety with excellent range who can play the run AND make plays in coverage?

As I always describe him, the Fred Jackson of the defense.