Least sacked QB in the NFL

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&season=2011&seasonType=REG&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=1&statisticCategory=PASSING&d-447263-p=1&conference=null&d-447263-s=PASSING_SACKED

Check out this link Fitzbeast is the least sacked QB after 5 weeks. We are battling every game and we cannot overlook what this offensive line is doing. Not to mention how tough they've been in our running game. Tip your hats to this OL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&season=2011&seasonType=REG&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=1&statisticCategory=PASSING&d-447263-p=1&conference=null&d-447263-s=PASSING_SACKED

Check out this link Fitzbeast is the least sacked QB after 5 weeks. We are battling every game and we cannot overlook what this offensive line is doing. Not to mention how tough they've been in our running game. Tip your hats to this OL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy crap, that is sooooooo true.

The o-line has to be the most pleasant surprise of this season thus far.

99.999 % of the posters on this board and the national media predicted this year, the O-line was going to be our biggest weakness.

I was a huge critic of the OL in the off season. I am still concerned about the depth but so far RG Rhinhart filled in nicely for Urbik, and the rookie Hairston held up well at LT in place of Bell.

They are getting it done so far. kudos

I'm not going to knock any of our players, but I'm not going to say that we have the best line. Remember, we run a scheme that spreads out opposing D's, running the ball out of 3 WR sets. We also have a QB who gets the ball out very quickly.

I'm very proud of everything we've done so far. But, I don't know that these guys are any better than we thought they were. If we had to play a power run game, or be in a situation where Fitz needs more than 3 seconds, I think you'd see some different results.

Again, very happy with the results and hats off to the coaches and Fitz for what they've made of this line.

I'm thrilled with the play of the OL, especially the last few weeks in the run game. But we cannot throw the ball downfield because Fitz can't hold the ball more than 2 seconds or so. So far we have been able to move the ball and win, so I'm not complaining. But the pass blocking has been remarkable in the fact that there hasn't been any jailbreaks, very few mistakes, and very few penalties. That's a tremendous accomplishment. But it's not as though Fitz has a lot of time to throw.

IMO, Gailey built this offense around the fact we cannot pass block, not because he doesn't want to stretch the field.

True, it does help the O-line to have a QB that gets rid of the ball in 2 seconds or less.

However, I do recall seeing individuals (Bell comes to mind) last year who couldn't even hold off average D-linemen for more than a second.

In fact, sometimes it looked like Bell was somehow propelling the defenders at the QB, somewhat like one of those gizmos tennis players use that launch tennis balls at them.

However, this year he and the others have all stepped up in a large way.

I'm thrilled with the play of the OL, especially the last few weeks in the run game. But we cannot throw the ball downfield because Fitz can't hold the ball more than 2 seconds or so. So far we have been able to move the ball and win, so I'm not complaining. But the pass blocking has been remarkable in the fact that there hasn't been any jailbreaks, very few mistakes, and very few penalties. That's a tremendous accomplishment. But it's not as though Fitz has a lot of time to throw.

IMO, Gailey built this offense around the fact we cannot pass block, not because he doesn't want to stretch the field.

here here, its a combination of Fitz and his very fast release and the fact that the line isn't screwing themselves with crucial mistakes. Great play by all.

What bothers me tho is when Fitz does need more then 3 seconds he usually doesn't have it, and when Fred Jackson needs to make yards to control the clock in the short yardage formation he doesn't get it. In both the Cincy game and 4th QTR against the EAgles.

Bottom line, the bills won't get 5+ turnovers every game and they need to do better when the quick short passes aren't open,and when they go to a close formation

True, it does help the O-line to have a QB that gets rid of the ball in 2 seconds or less.

However, I do recall seeing individuals (Bell comes to mind) last year who couldn't even hold off average D-linemen for more than a second.

In fact, sometimes it looked like Bell was somehow propelling the defenders at the QB, somewhat like one of those gizmos tennis players use that launch tennis balls at them.

However, this year he and the others have all stepped up in a large way.

Yea, I think you mean Cornell Green at RT tho... one of the drunken fans could have done better by stumbling into the opposing defender and done better then Green did last year :lol:

He was one of the reasons the team went 0-8

The oline is def playing better than expected, but I hope they still try to upgrade it in the offseason. one thing that might factor into is that we havent exactly played many good defenses. Oakland has some good players up front, and the bengals D is great (and gave us the most trouble) but the pats*, eagles, and chiefs don't exactly present a tough matchup for any oline.

But as for the eagles D, the oline did a good job with Babin. This oline is playing pretty good, but I think we could use upgrades if we want a superbowl type of team.

I am also thinking wood might be having a probowl year so far.

We have a coaching staff that puts guys in places they can succeed. It makes a difference.

Its also a matter of allowing players to grow and mature. Demetrius Bell has particularly taken abuse on this board. But he was a very raw (only played 2 years college), 7th round pick in his first couple years before. He's now in his 4th year pro, developed physically and acquired some much experience.

In addition to our starting 5, both Hairston at T and Rinehart at G give us depth that we haven't seen on a Bills OL since the '90s

The oline is def playing better than expected, but I hope they still try to upgrade it in the offseason. one thing that might factor into is that we havent exactly played many good defenses. Oakland has some good players up front, and the bengals D is great (and gave us the most trouble) but the pats*, eagles, and chiefs don't exactly present a tough matchup for any oline.

But as for the eagles D, the oline did a good job with Babin. This oline is playing pretty good, but I think we could use upgrades if we want a superbowl type of team.

I am also thinking wood might be having a probowl year so far.

I'm not sure how we would upgrade it? Who are you looking to replace? If you're suggesting investing a hig draft pick on OL, my guess is that it would be spent on the defense again given how it's being gouged, even by rookie QBs. First 2 picks should be the best LBs on the board