Least sacked QB in the NFL

I'm not going to knock any of our players, but I'm not going to say that we have the best line. Remember, we run a scheme that spreads out opposing D's, running the ball out of 3 WR sets. We also have a QB who gets the ball out very quickly.

I'm very proud of everything we've done so far. But, I don't know that these guys are any better than we thought they were. If we had to play a power run game, or be in a situation where Fitz needs more than 3 seconds, I think you'd see some different results.

Right, but good coaching is about putting people in position to be successful.

So far this coaching staff has taken what they have and given it a scheme with which it can be successful. Moreover, the players have to execute. And this team (especially the o-line) has had the best combination of better than we thought talent, great coaching, and very solid play from all parts (QB, skill players, and the line).

If we were built for a power running game, or deep passing game like Philly, we'd probably do that -- but it would be down right stupid to try and do that if you don't have the personnel for it. And, it is silly to evaluate it against those criteria, that's not who we are.

The point: There are many ways to skin a cat, we've chosen the one that fits our tools. And its working quite nicely.

Holy crap, that is sooooooo true.

The o-line has to be the most pleasant surprise of this season thus far.

99.999 % of the posters on this board and the national media predicted this year, the O-line was going to be our biggest weakness.

I think you can make that 100% lol. Even Chan and Buddy made comments about their OL being sub-par in the preseason.

I was especially impressed with Pears and Hairston [huge props to the rookie]yesterday. I thought both had good run blocks, and you cant argue with no sacks. I do think a lot of that is on Fitz and and Gailey though - its not like our OL is better than the Pats.

I think you can make that 100% lol. Even Chan and Buddy made comments about their OL being sub-par in the preseason.

I was especially impressed with Pears and Hairston [huge props to the rookie]yesterday. I thought both had good run blocks, and you cant argue with no sacks. I do think a lot of that is on Fitz and and Gailey though - its not like our OL is better than the Pats.

Given your footer, I'm surprised your not pointing out that Michael Jasper is the depth everyone's looking for?!?!

Right, but good coaching is about putting people in position to be successful.

So far this coaching staff has taken what they have and given it a scheme with which it can be successful. Moreover, the players have to execute. And this team (especially the o-line) has had the best combination of better than we thought talent, great coaching, and very solid play from all parts (QB, skill players, and the line).

If we were built for a power running game, or deep passing game like Philly, we'd probably do that -- but it would be down right stupid to try and do that if you don't have the personnel for it. And, it is silly to evaluate it against those criteria, that's not who we are.

The point: There are many ways to skin a cat, we've chosen the one that fits our tools. And its working quite nicely.

Thats what I like most about Gailey. There is no way the Bills are the most talented team in the league, not even close. Is Fitzy a protypical QB? Strongest arm? He might be the smartest, so Gailey gave him an offense with quick throws and the abilty to check out of plays and read the defense quickly.

Stevie isn't the fastest guy but he runs great routes. A quick slant to Stevie is almost a guarrenteed 5 yard gain

Time and time again I see guys in position to make plays, he expects alot from them and they respond. SOOOOOO much better than any coach weve had in the last decade

I'm not going to knock any of our players, but I'm not going to say that we have the best line. Remember, we run a scheme that spreads out opposing D's, running the ball out of 3 WR sets. We also have a QB who gets the ball out very quickly.

I'm very proud of everything we've done so far. But, I don't know that these guys are any better than we thought they were. If we had to play a power run game, or be in a situation where Fitz needs more than 3 seconds, I think you'd see some different results.

Again, very happy with the results and hats off to the coaches and Fitz for what they've made of this line.

You're joking right? Did you watch the game yesterday?

Thats what I like most about Gailey. There is no way the Bills are the most talented team in the league, not even close. Is Fitzy a protypical QB? Strongest arm? He might be the smartest, so Gailey gave him an offense with quick throws and the abilty to check out of plays and read the defense quickly.

Stevie isn't the fastest guy but he runs great routes. A quick slant to Stevie is almost a guarrenteed 5 yard gain

Time and time again I see guys in position to make plays, he expects alot from them and they respond. SOOOOOO much better than any coach weve had in the last decade

My guess is that what Gailey and Fitz have brought to the Bills O is that he has a good clock in his head that depending upon the play clicks1 oe 2 seconds and occaisionally three before the ball should be out of his hands.

This varies on the long route they will throw in from time to time, but even for those Fitzy has the football intellect to check the cushion and the double coverage potential before even on these plays he lofts it for the receiver to run under quite quickly after the snap.

Even still though I give Gailey and then Fitzy the primary credit for the low sack numbers, the OL deserves great propos because they are being so effective in run blocking as well.

Even this the props are shared with Jackson who simply is an outstanding runner for the style we play (he is able to avoid or run through the first hit) and the OL coaches who have made this unit work with multiple (Urbik Bell( injuries

Way cool