For all you crackers who hate the NBA

Kelly the Dog

Watch my boys the Phoenix Suns play. They're exciting as hell. Nash is a fantastic floor general and passer. Great fundamentals for those who say there is no such thing anymore. They try like hell. They run and gun and dunk and shoot threes and throw wild passes and are still unselfish. Joe Johnson is a complete player. Amare is an animal. Marion can still sky and outrebound almost everyone even though he's a skinny 6'7". They are really an exciting, young, ball busting, fun team to watch. (And I ain't no bandwagonner, been a huge Suns fan for 21 years and suffered through a lot of crappy seasons, including the last several).

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm waiting for that cracker who used to post as Cotton Fitzsimmons.

Or was that you?-)

I haven't watched them yet as like most folks I'll wait 'til the reg season is over before I pay much attention. Between your boys, Houston and SanAnton', the postseason could be an awful lot of fun.

Cya

Watch my boys the Phoenix Suns play. They're exciting as hell. Nash is a fantastic floor general and passer. Great fundamentals for those who say there is no such thing anymore. They try like hell. They run and gun and dunk and shoot threes and throw wild passes and are still unselfish. Joe Johnson is a complete player. Amare is an animal. Marion can still sky and outrebound almost everyone even though he's a skinny 6'7". They are really an exciting, young, ball busting, fun team to watch. (And I ain't no bandwagonner, been a huge Suns fan for 21 years and suffered through a lot of crappy seasons, including the last several).

172816[/snapback]

So,call me a cracker....I hate B-ball.

172816[/snapback]

What exactly is a cracker? I think I know what you mean by that but I won't act prematurely and call you out.

Boing Boing Boing. Step Step Step Step Step. Dunk.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx repeat for 4 quarters xxxxxxxxxxx

Game over Final Score: 3021, 3020.

Bball is so friggin samey. And what's the deal with the NBA allowing travelling anyway?? I see guys take up to 6 steps without dribbling before going for a dunk or a shot. Thats not Bball - thats tall guys jumping up and putting a ball thru a net.

Not for me.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx repeat for 4 quarters xxxxxxxxxxx

Game over Final Score: 3021, 3020.

Bball is so friggin samey. And what's the deal with the NBA allowing travelling anyway?? I see guys take up to 6 steps without dribbling before going for a dunk or a shot. Thats not Bball - thats tall guys jumping up and putting a ball thru a net.

Not for me.

172960[/snapback]

The NBA: It's FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANTASTIC! :blink:

More like craptastic. :blink:

Cracker-

# Offensive.

1. Used as a disparaging term for a poor white person of the rural, especially southeast United States.

2. Used as a disparaging term for a white person.

Used in a sentence- Calling a white person a cracker is like using the N word toward a person of color.

Nice Kelly, way to get your point across. :blink:

Used in a sentence- Calling a white person a cracker is like using the N word toward a person of color.

Holy hyperbole, batman!

Sorry but "cracker" carries nowhere near the same punch as "!@#$".

It's not even remotely close.

Cya

The NBA has evolved into a joke. When I was a kid (Bill Russell era) I loved watching it. I lost interest until Bird/Magic ( I graduated from college in 1979... when they did) and enjoyed watching their team oriented battles over the years. The modern game is offensive (not in a scoring way). I can't even stand to watch Sportscenter when they go crazy regarding the selfish one- on -one play and put eight dunks into their top ten plays. Maybe it's a generational thing... but I wouldn't watch a free game with courtside tickets...

172816[/snapback]

Kelly -

i am a huge Suns fan as well....(although not a big NBA fan)....since the days of another good cracker.....Kentucky Point Guard Kyle Macy!

As well as Sweet Walter "D".

Anyway....I have enjoyed checking the scores every morning to see another "W".

My biggest fear is that if Nash goes down with an injury...they are in BIG trouble.

Holy hyperbole, batman!

Sorry but "cracker" carries nowhere near the same punch as "!@#$".

It's not even remotely close.

Cya

173027[/snapback]

While it may not carry the same level of Malice, it is pointed at a person in order to disparage them based upon race. Therefore I don't think that what I said was inaccurate.

Everyone in the world knows that :blink:

I'm waiting for that cracker who used to post as Cotton Fitzsimmons.

Or was that you?-)

I haven't watched them yet as like most folks I'll wait 'til the reg season is over before I pay much attention. Between your boys, Houston and SanAnton', the postseason could be an awful lot of fun.

Cya

172823[/snapback]

The postseason is a LONG way away and many things can happen between now and then.

My Rockets are playing better with McGrady, though, than I thought they would. Still, Yao has to learn how to REBOUND!!!!!! Besides that, he's as good as any center in the game. Funny thing is, though, that rebounding is perhaps THE most important function of a center! Get tougher, Yao.

I still miss Cutty Mobley, Cato, and, most of all, Stevie Franchise.

Another venue for overpaid athletes to showcase themselves. Hurray. The NBA is quickly following in the footsteps of hockey in terms of popularity. The difference is the NBA's marketing geniuses pursued the "gansta rap" angle. Once that fad has dissolved, we'll see what's left of the NBA.

RunTheBall

While it may not carry the same level of Malice, it is pointed at a person in order to disparage them based upon race. Therefore I don't think that what I said was inaccurate.

I've never called anybody a !@#$ but I use cracker all the time and it always gets a good chuckle. I guess like many things in life, it's just a matter of perspective.

My Rockets are playing better with McGrady, though, than I thought they would. Still, Yao has to learn how to REBOUND!!!!!! Besides that, he's as good as any center in the game. Funny thing is, though, that rebounding is perhaps THE most important function of a center! Get tougher, Yao.

I developed a real admiration for the Rockets back in the Olajuwon/MadMax/OtisT/KennySmith days when they kept digging themselves out of holes to win series after series. That team had tons of heart.

I'm kind of starting to like them again with McGrady and Yao, neither of whom gets the respect I think they should. And while I agree that they're going to miss a couple of those role players they gave up (particularly Mobley), I'm not sure whether they're going to miss Steve Francis' decision-making late in tight games.

Cya

I've never called anybody a !@#$ but I use cracker all the time and it always gets a good chuckle. I guess like many things in life, it's just a matter of perspective.

I developed a real admiration for the Rockets back in the Olajuwon/MadMax/OtisT/KennySmith days when they kept digging themselves out of holes to win series after series. That team had tons of heart.

I'm kind of starting to like them again with McGrady and Yao, neither of whom gets the respect I think they should. And while I agree that they're going to miss a couple of those role players they gave up (particularly Mobley), I'm not sure whether they're going to miss Steve Francis' decision-making late in tight games.

Cya

173068[/snapback]

Ooooh! You said the N word. I'm telling!

Being a Rockets fan in those days you mentioned was excrutiating and exhilirating at the same time. Winning tough playoff series against Utah, Phoenix (what a comeback that was!), and San Antonio were great moments. Losing tough playoff series, like when Stockton's shot took Houston out of the playoffs the one year, hurt a lot though. But, that's how it goes. I can remember even back to Ralph Sampson's putback that took the Lakers out of the playoffs and propelled Houston to the NBA Finals, where they lost to the Celtics. When I became a Rockets fan (I used to root for the Kansas City Kings with Phil Ford and Otis Birdsong leading the way before the Rockets), they had guys like Allen Leavell, Mitchell Wiggins, Lewis Lloyd, and John Lucas leading them, along with Sampson, of course.

I use to watch the Hawks a lot when Kevin Willis, Nique Wilkins, Doc Rivers and Spud Webb were on the team. But, the game game has evolved in to a look at me sport.

I didn't know was leading the division until ESPN had it on the front page yesterday.

See? That's why you crackers know nothing. You complain about the NBA because the players don't act the way you think they should, or do all the things that YOU think they should be doing, and you turn away from the game. That's cool, crackers, and even legitimate, and even a cracker like myself felt the same way at times.

And yet when I suggest, perhaps, you should watch a team that is playing now (22-3) that does all or most of the things that you do want to see (team basketball, excellent passing, trying hard, all five guys involved, team defense), most all of you crackers say, "Aw, the nba stinks." Meaning, of course, that teams don't play team basketball, don't pass, don't try, it's all one on one, and no one plays defense. And that, crackers, is why you would be wrong again. :blink:

The postseason is a LONG way away and many things can happen between now and then. 

My Rockets are playing better with McGrady, though, than I thought they would.  Still, Yao has to learn how to REBOUND!!!!!!  Besides that, he's as good as any center in the game.  Funny thing is, though, that rebounding is perhaps THE most important function of a center!  Get tougher, Yao.

I still miss Cutty Mobley, Cato, and, most of all, Stevie Franchise.

173053[/snapback]

Agree, Big R. The Rockets will be tougher and tougher, but I, too, think they lost so much with Cutty and Stevie Franchise. Mobley was a great player for them.

See? That's why you crackers know nothing. You complain about the NBA because the players don't act the way you think they should, or do all the things that YOU think they should be doing, and you turn away from the game. That's cool, crackers, and even legitimate, and even a cracker like myself felt the same way at times.

And yet when I suggest, perhaps, you should watch a team that is playing now (22-3) that does all or most of the things that you do want to see (team basketball, excellent passing, trying hard, all five guys involved, team defense), most all of you crackers say, "Aw, the nba stinks." Meaning, of course, that teams don't play team basketball, don't pass, don't try, it's all one on one, and no one plays defense. And that, crackers, is why you would be wrong again.  :blink:

173125[/snapback]

I play twice a week. I get my fill from that rather than sitting in front of the tube watching it.

Agree, Big R. The Rockets will be tougher and tougher, but I, too, think they lost so much with Cutty and Stevie Franchise. Mobley was a great player for them.

173133[/snapback]

Mobley was just too inconsistent. He was good for 25 one night, 8 the next.

Franchise and Yao seemed to be developing a nice chemistry together. When the grossly overhyped 1st meeting between Yao and Shaq took place, it was Franchise who was the star, making the plays in overtime to help give Houston the win and finishing up with 45 points, or something close to it.

Mobley was just too inconsistent.  He was good for 25 one night, 8 the next. 

Franchise and Yao seemed to be developing a nice chemistry together.  When the grossly overhyped 1st meeting between Yao and Shaq took place, it was Franchise who was the star, making the plays in overtime to help give Houston the win and finishing up with 45 points, or something close to it.

173142[/snapback]

Noted. I wasn't saying Mobley was nearly as good a player as Stevie, he was just one of those players that most every time I watched him, he played excellent, and never got the credit that I thought he deserved. He used to kill the Suns, especally in crunch time.

i enjoy watching nba games!

172816[/snapback]

I'd take college basketball over the pros any time. That doesn't mean that ALL pro basketball is boring. Like Kelly said in his initial post, watch a good team like Phoenix play and there's no way you can say ALL of the NBA games are boring and that nobody plays team basketball anymore.

Being a Rockets fan in those days you mentioned was excrutiating and exhilirating at the same time. Winning tough playoff series against Utah, Phoenix (what a comeback that was!),

Barkley for threeeeeeeeeeee!

Being a Rockets fan in those days you mentioned was excrutiating and exhilirating at the same time. Winning tough playoff series against Utah, Phoenix (what a comeback that was!),

Barkley for threeeeeeeeeeee!

173174[/snapback]

You might be referring to Barkley's 3 over David Robinson that did in San Antonio while he was in Phoenix, the 3 that sent them to the NBA Finals. Mario Elie made a 3 that sent Phoenix packing and completed a 4-3 series win after being down 3-1.

Last year my brother in law asked if I wanted to go with him to a LA Laker game in a luxury box. I turned him down. I felt bad about it but he understood. Just absolutely no interest. I stayed home and sat by the pool and listened to some tunes.