Sam Rosen and Brian Billick

bmur66

In the last few years I have noticed the production values for many of the Bills games have declined to amateurish levels on all the networks. They dont show replays of some controversial calls by the refs. They dont have good camera angles of a lot of plays and the announcers are NFL shills who dont dare criticize the stupid stuff the league foists on us. I watch a lot of CFL games on TSN in Canada and their production/coverage/commentary on the games is WAY better than the garbage crews the networks send for the Buffalo games. Is it any coincidence that since the Bills started sucking in 2000, that the crews sent by the networks to cover/film the games have also gone downhill?

Agreed. This will change if the Bills continue to win. Later in the year, if they're duking it out with New England for the division they'll likely get flexed into some prime time games even. Bad coverage is the just the nature of being irrelevant to the playoff landscape for so long.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the last few years I have noticed the production values for many of the Bills games have declined to amateurish levels on all the networks. They dont show replays of some controversial calls by the refs. They dont have good camera angles of a lot of plays and the announcers are NFL shills who dont dare criticize the stupid stuff the league foists on us. I watch a lot of CFL games on TSN in Canada and their production/coverage/commentary on the games is WAY better than the garbage crews the networks send for the Buffalo games. Is it any coincidence that since the Bills started sucking in 2000, that the crews sent by the networks to cover/film the games have also gone downhill?

Winning fixes a lot of that.

I give them a pass, since it was FOX.

I can't believe FOX thinks those dancing robots still work, by the way...

My 7-year-old thinks those robots are awesome!

I guess that's their target demographic...

I baked a batch of wings on the bbq, smothered them in Franks Lousie Sauce and chugged beer, because the game was on the TV. Bellick is a smart football guy and an actual football guy who doesn't seem to have an agenda like the guys who majored in communications in their ivy league club school and are trying to climb the corperate ladder. A buzz turns their talk into gibberish. Go there, Get there. Instruction tours are available at a reasonable fee. (you bring the beer)

Did anyone else think that Fox had way less commercials during the gameplay than cbs?

I was saying the same thing. They didn't break during possession changes, time-outs or extra points.... they broke in the middle of drives, end of quarters and missed 4 or 5 plays that I'm aware of. I love FOX, but they really sucked today.

Unfortunately, it seems every broadcast crew is not able to accept that the Bills have the talent to be winning. Nothing was worse than the Cincy game and Tasker was part of that broadcast team; those two made me ill.

Remember, Billick and Rosen were playing to the big city market ... that's what the NFL cares about most!

No, that isn't what the NFL cares about. If it was, there would not be a salary cap. It is the media that cares about the large markets, and that is because they are a business driven by ratings.

I was saying the same thing. They didn't break during possession changes, time-outs or extra points.... they broke in the middle of drives, end of quarters and missed 4 or 5 plays that I'm aware of. I love FOX, but they really sucked today.

You love FOX? WHY?

Billick is one of the best color analysts in the biz. And Sam is one of my faves in terms of pbp. You guys take this announcer stuff too personally. They don't spend 18 hours a day at TBD, so don't expect them to cover the game like they do. The Eagles and their issues are a huge national story and Vick is always a hot-button persona. What did you expect? Them to gush over the Bills for three hours??

Best --- Says who? I thought they had an NFC bias. I thought they dwelled on plays that were long past and I thought they missed key points on key plays.

Not impressed.

Nope:

WEEK 6 – Oct. 16

GAME PLAY-BY-PLAY/ANALYST PRODUCER/DIRECTOR

1:00 PM, ET starts:

•Buffalo @ N.Y. Giants Jim Nantz/Phil Simms Lance Barrow/Mike Arnold

•Indianapolis @ Cincinnati Kevin Harlan/Solomon Wilcots Jim Rikhoff/Bryan Lilley

•Jacksonville @ Pittsburgh Ian Eagle/Dan Fouts Bob Mansbach/Suzanne Smith

4:00 PM, ET starts:

•Cleveland @ Oakland Marv Albert/Rich Gannon Ross Schneiderman/Mark Grant

•Houston @ Baltimore Greg Gumbel/Dan Dierdorf Mark Wolff/Bob Fishman

Rosen is a good announcer, but FOX sucks as a channel. They must have missed 5 plays while at commercial throughout the game.

This. I like Rosen, I think he calls a pretty fair game with a decent tempo. Billick, I could do without.

And some of the graphics..... Ugh.

Changing bills?

If they showed:

"Let's look back"

One more time, I was going to break the tv

YES

I didn't think they were horribly biased (poor commenters yes though) unlike last week. However those graphics were rough. Their "let's look back" segment every 2 minutes was GOD AWFUL