What is Chad Kelly (Jim's nephew) hinting at?

Doc

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Coach Sal from WGR is now saying that an NHL owner was at the Ralph yesterday and met with Kelly and Sir Roger, but it wasn't Pegula or Jacobs. Interesting.

Just a wild-ass guess, but how about Larry Tanenbaum - - minority owner of the Leafs who may get bought out soon? If he still wants to get an NFL team for Toronto, I could see him schmoozing Goodell at every opportunity.

Why the secrecy?

Why were Chad's tweets taken off of twitter (which I think happened, I didn't look myself)?

People leak information, whether they should or shouldn't. Myself, and countless others on this board and elsewhere, receive some of that leaked information through various friends and colleagues or whatever. Some of it's factually based, some is rumor, some is okay to pass on to the general public and some isn't because sources may be outed. If the people involved in this want the info out it's simple enough to get it out. I don't think saying "it may be a former NHL owner" from the very specific stuff I heard from a friend would be outing anyone or any source.

The information from Sal about an NHL owner meeting with Kelly this weekend almost fits into similar information I was told, but not exactly. I could be wrong, or the info passed along could be.

Although as DC has correctly noted, I am just a shill, so take it for what it is worth. ;)

Didn't somebody say on here (or actually I think it was in the Buffalo News on Saturday) that Jim Kelly wasn't even going to be in town this weekend?

Here's the tweet:

BuffaloRising Buffalo Rising

A current NHL owner was at the Ralph yesterday with the Kelly family. And he reportedly met with Roger Goodell. More to come tomorrow. . .

Didn't somebody say on here (or actually I think it was in the Buffalo News on Saturday) that Jim Kelly wasn't even going to be in town this weekend?

Here's the tweet:

BuffaloRising Buffalo Rising

A current NHL owner was at the Ralph yesterday with the Kelly family. And he reportedly met with Roger Goodell. More to come tomorrow. . .

I personally think its Pegula. He is the only current NHL owner that could buy another sport franchise without having to sell his NHL team. The Bills are worth roughly $800 million, well within comfort spending for Pegs. He never publicly ruled out buying the Bills.

Edited by It's in My Blood

Current NHL owner? what about Jeremy Jacobs? He's from Buffalo and owns the Bruins.

NFL rules prevent any owner from owning two franchises in different cities even if they are in different leagues.

Pegula has stated how shocked he has been by the response of WNYers after he bought the Sabres. So hopefully it continues with the eventual purchase of the Buffalo Bills. :worthy:

Just a wild-ass guess, but how about Larry Tanenbaum - - minority owner of the Leafs who may get bought out soon? If he still wants to get an NFL team for Toronto, I could see him schmoozing Goodell at every opportunity.

Jim balsillie going to buy us..move us to Hamilton leave the NFL and turn us into a hockey team for the nhl. I know it.

Little birdie whispered George Gillett Jr is involved, possibly with Tom Hicks who has some money problems but owned the Stars.

From Wikipedia

On January 22, 2008, a majority of Liverpool fans, at the game between Liverpool and Aston Villa, protested against Gillett and Hicks' running of the club, urging the pair to sell their shares in Liverpool FC to Dubai International Capital (DIC). Neither owner, nor their representative Foster Gillett were present at the game. Gillett has reportedly been targeted by DIC to sell his shares. It has been reported that he has fallen out with Tom Hicks and in recent months has kept silent over his dealing with the club.[12] On March 7, 2008, it was reported that Gillett had agreed to sell 98 per cent of his Liverpool stock to DIC,[13] but Hicks blocked the sale.[14] In an interview on Prime Time Sports in Canada, Gillett revealed that he and his family had received death threats from angry Liverpool fans: "The fans don’t want him [Tom Hicks] to have even one share of my stake in the club, based on what they are sending to me. As a result of that we [my family] have received many phone calls in the middle of the night threatening our lives, death threats. A number came to the office and my son, Foster, and daughter-in-law, Lauren, have received them."[15] The relationship between Gillett and Hicks broke down some time ago, leading to civil war breaking out at Anfield.[16]

Get the I-190 billboards ready.