It's Time For Brad Smith

Lets hope the Bills bounce back like the Patriots did against the Raiders. They realized that although Tom Brady is a great QB, he isn't the team, nobody in the NFL is the team by themselves. So they ran the ball more against the Raiders which effectively took pressure off Brady and allowed them to run a much more balanced attack.

When the QB isn't playing great you stop trying to force him to win the game, and start running the ball more. Same thing with the Jets against the Ravens, they needed to stop trying to force Sanchez to win the game, go back to the roots of what made them a top team the last 2 years, and that is running the ball.

I can't fault Chan Gailey for not trying to run the ball more when the QB isn't playing great as Bill Belichick and Rex Ryan just did the exact same thing. BUT! Like Bill from NYC states, I hope Chan runs the WC more, uses the option play, lines up Smith-Spiller as a WR and uses him on an end around.

The Bills have 3 dynamic runners in Jackson-Smith- Spiller, man stop with the shotgun plays and utilize the freaking RB's! The running plays the Bills can utilize with the RB's they have are almost endless.

The Eagle defense is pretty much in disarray right now because the HC decided to make the O line coach the DC ( and we think the Bills have probs with Edwards :lol:, who is an actual defensive mined coach) that defense can be had, but not by lining up in constant shotgun formations and daring the Eagle to stop the pass ala Turk Schonert. ....I thought the Bills got rid of that guy

I understand Chan is tryin to preserve his long-term value, but Smith is totally underutilized. His jets highlight reel showed what he was capapble of doing to the Bengals, Chan must not have watched it.

Agree. I see mayne 3 or 4 returns on KO';s th erest of the year as this was where he really excelled with Jets.

Here's why.....

1) He hasn't been exposed too much. We can "sneak" him on opposing defenses. The kid is GOOD!!!

2) I still think that Fitz's finger affected his ability to throw last week. In fact, I am all but sure. He doesn't have a Phillip Rivers gun, but he throws harder than he did against the Bengals. Who knows how he will be on Sunday?

3) With Bell out, we may need to run a few less conventional plays to take pressure off of the rookie LT.

The good news is that I actually have faith in Gailey to implement a successful offensive plan.

The better news is that I think that we can win this football game. It sucks that the Eagles season would seem to hinge upon a win but ya know what? Screw em'.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They need to use him for something, after what they paid him. Until last week they didn't use him for anything but on 3rd and short. But for physical abilities, he doesn't compare to Vick for pure athletic ability, but that doesn't mean he can't be used effectively though, they just have to figure out how.

Brad Smith has a lot to prove to me.

For the money we are paying him, I expected him to be a significant part of our offense every week.

I agree. At 5 mill a year, why isn't he contributing more than dropped passes (as a WR.) Has he completed a pass as a QB yet?

Considering there are only 16 games in a season. Last weeks game against the Bengals would have been a huge win. Smith being used in zero to small amounts is not a smart idea in my opinion. With Fitz struggling last week and many times we were 2nd and 3rd and short, we could have used him about 3 times in that game.

How about this for a change...Going Wildcat and actually throwing it for once! Isnt he supposed to be a great passer?

IM not in favor of Wildcat, but last year he was successful and this year he has been successful in the few times we have used him.

Oh well, this is just my opinion.

Cheers all

I agree. With Fitz's hurt hand, and on 3rd and short, we try to throw long passes? Something is wrong there with either the play calling, or Fitz's ability to thorw an underneath route. either way, Smith is the better QB to have in on 3rd and short. You can even use him conventionally: he could handoff, sneak, drop back and scramble, lots of options w/ him that aren't there with Fitz on 3rd and short.

Something else that really sucks....we go out and get one of the top returners in the league....then they take away the RETURNS

TERRIBLE rule change. I'm not sure this is cutting down on collissions. People still have to go full speed until the ball is out of the endzone or downed, and lots of times people still try to return it or kick it to the one and force a return.

i didn't see fitz taped finger, though he does wear his wedding ring when he plays. i noticed we didn't really use the spread offense like we had in previous games. i was confused with why that was. hopefully that will be addressed. i would like to see brad smith throw out of the wild cat at some point it would help to keep a defense on its toes.

Ask Jets fans if they miss him. Even though the numbers don't show it, he played a significant role in their offense last year.

I do expect more out of him because of how he's being paid but the season is still young. And he has gotten just about every first down asked of him on 3rd and short.

I have a friend who is a jets fan and she was soooo upset yesterday when I talked about how important Brad Smith will be this week for the BILLS :thumbsup:

Brad needs to line up more. period. It should not ever be about when he was picked or how much he is paid, it should be about value to The game at hand.

Heck we should have lined him up a qb at least five times, wildcat 2, second back with spiller 2 once with fred and motion last week. Lets get this thing going. Parrish is done so lets use spiller and Smith for all they are worth in a second half "adjustment".,

Do the Eagles practice against Vick rushing ? i doubt it. Let's give em' a little something.

Wow. This place is awesome. Let's bench Fitz after 1 game for a utility player. Do you all hear yourselves? So Smith hasn't produced in 4 games, the guy has picked up first downs when needed from the wildcat numerous times. It was one fkn game. We will be fine, prediction: Bills 38 Eagles 31. Mckelvin picks off Vick to end it. Now I sound as ridiculous as you guys.

Wow. This place is awesome. Let's bench Fitz after 1 game for a utility player. Do you all hear yourselves? So Smith hasn't produced in 4 games, the guy has picked up first downs when needed from the wildcat numerous times. It was one fkn game. We will be fine, prediction: Bills 38 Eagles 31. Mckelvin picks off Vick to end it. Now I sound as ridiculous as you guys.

Nobody is saying he should start, he just should be on the field more in some situations. Using him 3-4 a game is a waste.