It's Time For Brad Smith

Here's why.....

1) He hasn't been exposed too much. We can "sneak" him on opposing defenses. The kid is GOOD!!!

2) I still think that Fitz's finger affected his ability to throw last week. In fact, I am all but sure. He doesn't have a Phillip Rivers gun, but he throws harder than he did against the Bengals. Who knows how he will be on Sunday?

3) With Bell out, we may need to run a few less conventional plays to take pressure off of the rookie LT.

The good news is that I actually have faith in Gailey to implement a successful offensive plan.

The better news is that I think that we can win this football game. It sucks that the Eagles season would seem to hinge upon a win but ya know what? Screw em'.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My son and i were watching the game and noticed Fitz seemed off altogether. How did you know about finger? i had not heard.

I watched the game with no sound, but noticed what seemed to be his ring finger was taped up. Others on the board (John Adams) saw him moving his hand and wincing on the sidelines.

It was abvious to me that he wasn't getting the usual "zip" on his throws.

Brad Smith has a lot to prove to me.

For the money we are paying him, I expected him to be a significant part of our offense every week.

Ask Jets fans if they miss him. Even though the numbers don't show it, he played a significant role in their offense last year.

I do expect more out of him because of how he's being paid but the season is still young. And he has gotten just about every first down asked of him on 3rd and short.

Ask Jets fans if they miss him. Even though the numbers don't show it, he played a significant role in their offense last year.

I do expect more out of him because of how he's being paid but the season is still young. And he has gotten just about every first down asked of him on 3rd and short.

A close friend of mine is a jet fan. He was almost in tears when we signed him.

I am generally not all that high on "gadget players." This kid is different. He is fast AND big. Just a multi-talented player who as you said, has picked up KEY first downs for us. It's all good.

Considering there are only 16 games in a season. Last weeks game against the Bengals would have been a huge win. Smith being used in zero to small amounts is not a smart idea in my opinion. With Fitz struggling last week and many times we were 2nd and 3rd and short, we could have used him about 3 times in that game.

How about this for a change...Going Wildcat and actually throwing it for once! Isnt he supposed to be a great passer?

IM not in favor of Wildcat, but last year he was successful and this year he has been successful in the few times we have used him.

Oh well, this is just my opinion.

Cheers all

I watched the game with no sound, but noticed what seemed to be his ring finger was taped up. Others on the board (John Adams) saw him moving his hand and wincing on the sidelines.

It was abvious to me that he wasn't getting the usual "zip" on his throws.

Are you talking about the finger bandage on his right hand? It has been there most of the season and is noticeable in the photo that accompanied the SI story after the Patriots game.

Are you talking about the finger bandage on his right hand? It has been there most of the season and is noticeable in the photo that accompanied the SI story after the Patriots game.

OK, thanks for this. Again, another poster said he was shaking his hand on the sideline and wincing in pain after a first quarter hit. And his throws were not crisp throughout much of the game.

Here's why.....

1) He hasn't been exposed too much. We can "sneak" him on opposing defenses. The kid is GOOD!!!

2) I still think that Fitz's finger affected his ability to throw last week. In fact, I am all but sure. He doesn't have a Phillip Rivers gun, but he throws harder than he did against the Bengals. Who knows how he will be on Sunday?

3) With Bell out, we may need to run a few less conventional plays to take pressure off of the rookie LT.

The good news is that I actually have faith in Gailey to implement a successful offensive plan.

The better news is that I think that we can win this football game. It sucks that the Eagles season would seem to hinge upon a win but ya know what? Screw em'.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is starting to remind me of CJ.

Edited by Bart