Donald Jones is a Problem

eMoulds

I read on the internet that Evans wasnt worth his salary and we were lucky to get a 4th. Now we need him and shouldnt have traded him? Got it

Good. Now keep it. Not everyone was on board with trading him. In fact, a lot of people, including me, hated the move.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are people getting this "drop percentage" data. I can't seem to find it. I want to make sure I'm using the same date everyone else is when I perform my own analyses. This team may outscore enough opponents to stay mathematically alive into December. After they are eliminated, or sooner, Aiken needs to see the field.

Totally agree. The spread offense and quickstrike throws has worked against crap defenses, but once they face some good ones, like they did yesterday, you'll see why they shouldn't have traded Evans.

Lee's specialty was catching the ball over his shoulder in stride. He was just as bad (if not worse) when it came to coming back and fighting for the ball--something our sideline receivers continue to struggle with.

Except for the Patriots game?

Your reaching......the offense is putting up a ton of points wtf are you bitching about?

10 points against the Bengals sure is alot of points :oops:

Bill splayed cocky and arrogant and the Bengals dominated both sides of the ball.

I Remember seeing Spiller catch a deep one last year an go deep on a few others the man's got leave ya standing there speed Just Sayin........:nana:

This board is so hard to stomach after a loss.....

There is NOTHING wrong with this offense or anybody on it.......Buffalo right up there for most potent offenses in the league.....

And I would not call the Raiders defense chopped liver either......

I agree were not gonna win em all!!! Some of them just not playin to there skill set that day!

Donald Jones will be fine. Plus Namaan has got some good hands too. What i worry about is Fitz having the guts to give these recievers a chance to bring down balls. By guts I mean confidence. He sure didn't show much confidence by sitting on the bench with his head in his lap yesterday.

I'm hoping Jones can get better as the year goes on, but he's been a roller coaster through 4 games. Doesn't seem to be able to make tough catches, he's far from glue fingers.

McKelvin needs McGee back as soon as possible, if I could add one thing to the mix on defense though it would be a play making linebacker.

Its one fricken game.....ONE

Its a little early for this....if we want to B word about something lets complain about McKelvin who has been bad in EVERY game

Good for you, John. It's like crayonz went out and got 30 logins, though.

Totally agree. The spread offense and quickstrike throws has worked against crap defenses, but once they face some good ones, like they did yesterday, you'll see why they shouldn't have traded Evans.

You can't be serious! You're crying about the guy with 2 catches for 45 yards FOUR GAMES into the season. Yeah how could we live without that kind of production?

Edited by Mike in Syracuse

I'd really love to see Michael Floyd end up in a Bills uniform next year. However, I don't want us taking a WR in the first round and I don't see Floyd being available where we draft in the second. Unless, of course, we somehow tank and end up with an early pick.

Good. Now keep it. Not everyone was on board with trading him. In fact, a lot of people, including me, hated the move.

You and me both. Said from the beginning it was nothing more than another salary dump, period. There really is no arguing that either without sounding clueless knowing the history of this organization.

This board is so hard to stomach after a loss.....

There is NOTHING wrong with this offense or anybody on it.......Buffalo right up there for most potent offenses in the league.....

And I would not call the Raiders defense chopped liver either......

Quite a few of us knowledgeable football fans would disagree with you and have mentioned it before this loss. Donald Jones, and the WR position may just be one of the biggest weaknesses on this offense. This team is headed in the right direction, finally, but are they already a Super Bowl contending offense, anyone can see they aren't yet. In 4 games they have had 4 bad halves. Nelson has the best hands on this team, so it was kind of surprising that he wasn't used more on sunday in Cincinnati. Our offense line is playing much better, but yes it still has some issues. Our depth at running back isn't very good, once Jackson and Spiller got hurt on consecutive plays sunday, it was Oh Shot!. I am as happy as anyone else with the start to this season. Was I disappointed with the poor performance sunday, yes of course. But lets take this week by week and don't put the team in the Super Bowl yet.

Donald Jones is not the problem... McKelvin is

mckelvin is one problem on defense.

donald jones is a smaller problem on offense. if jones didn't come back from sucking in the first half of the NE game, he would be an even bigger problem. I would let the guy slide for now though, because he is fairly new and has room to grow.

mckelvin looks like he isn't worth having on the field though.

our oline isn't strong enough to handle the top defenses though. people can say they played well against the raiders, which have a great dline, but that is misleading. The raiders d might be good, but they play dirty. They drew a lot of penalties that saved a lot of drives for us.

with that said, the oline is very much improved from last year, so I hate to point it out as the problem. it isn't bad, it is just still a weakness for us. and overall, I like where this team is heading and I hope these draft picks the past couple years start to work out.

The #2 WR spot on this team is an issue. Of our five main receiving targets, Donald Jones is last in catch percentage by a significant margin despite having the second lowest YPC (theoretically, players with lower YPC should have higher catch percentages as their targets are shorter/safer plays) on the team. Nelson is a natural slot reciever and Stevie is by no means a burner, so we need the #2 WR position to stretch the field. Jones isn't doing this and he's consistently not making the semi-difficult catches in traffic. This offense is going to need a reliable speed receiver with the ability to at least make the safety respect the deep threat in order to score against better defenses. Through 4 games, Jones isn't bringing very much to the table.

C T Y C% Y/T Y/C

SJ 24 36 314 66.67% 8.72 13.08

DN 22 30 251 73.33% 8.37 11.41

DJ 14 29 149 48.28% 5.14 10.64

FJ 13 17 147 76.47% 8.65 11.31

SC 11 14 97 78.57% 6.93 8.82

Throw the ball to Spiller

Same here.