The occupy Wall Street movement spreads

Maybe we should call it the "get a job slackers" movement.

About 100 people are marching through downtown Boston this morning as part of the Occupy Boston protest.

Accompanied by Boston Police officers who stopped traffic at key intersections, the protesters first gathered in the city's Financial District this morning and then marched to the State House where they stood on the steps, chanting slogans and holding signs.

Some of the signs included "capitalism is organized crime" and "where's my golden parachute?"

Maybe we should give them a golden parachute. And a bath.

http://www.boston.co...gHpI/index.html

Edited by John Adams

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

and you are not so peacefully exercising free speech

How so? I am neither violent nor advocating violence. I have not acted out on my desire to wedgie all the protestors. Nor have I gone down and forced them to get a job at gunpoint. I have not gone into their parent's basements and kicked them out onto the streets. I didn't put their fingers in vice grips and make them login to Monster dot com and submit their resumes.

I didn't tie them in waterproof cording and force them to bathe and shave before heading to an interview. Once in said interview, I haven't bolted their mouth shut and expressed thanks and gratitude for even considering them for the job as Wendy's Assistant Manager.

None of these things have I done. So how have I not been peaceful.

Edited by John Adams

How so? I am neither violent nor advocating violence. I have not acted out on my desire to wedgie all the protestors. Nor have I gone down and forced them to get a job at gunpoint. I have not gone into their parent's basements and kicked them out onto the streets. I didn't put their fingers in vice grips and make them login to Monster dot com and submit their resumes.

I didn't tie them in waterproof cording and force them to bathe and shave before heading to an interview. Once in said interview, I haven't bolted their mouth shut and expressed thanks and gratitude for even considering them for the job as Wendy's Assistant Manager.

by referring to them as douche bags. Not that it is violent. "Peace douchebag" is a contradiction

I wish someone would.

by referring to them as douche bags. Not that it is violent. "Peace douchebag" is a contradiction

I'd say it's closer to repetitive.

Edited by KD in CT

"Quiet political discussions continued around the sleepers. One woman gave a pep talk to what looked like a new recruit. “It’s about taking down systems, it doesn’t matter what you’re protesting,” she said. “Just protest.”"

I wish I didn't have a job and could go protest vegetarianism.

"Quiet political discussions continued around the sleepers. One woman gave a pep talk to what looked like a new recruit. “It’s about taking down systems, it doesn’t matter what you’re protesting,” she said. “Just protest.”"

I wish I didn't have a job and could go protest vegetarianism.

But don't get violent and call them douchebags...

I don't think this is all that different from the Tea Party movement, only these are left-leaning folk, for the most part. The bigger picture is that people are fed up with what's essentially a one-party system that caters to whoever buys the most lobbying power.

While the media is portraying it as a disfunctional group, I think it's pretty clear that people are expressing their frustrations about a system that caters to the monied hands that feed the congressional trough.

I don't think this is all that different from the Tea Party movement, only these are left-leaning folk, for the most part. The bigger picture is that people are fed up with what's essentially a one-party system that caters to whoever buys the most lobbying power.

While the media is portraying it as a disfunctional group, I think it's pretty clear that people are expressing their frustrations about a system that caters to the monied hands that feed the congressional trough.

I get the impression most Tea Partiers have jobs, or at least don't live with their Daddy-uncles.

The Tea Party is a large political movement with a pretty specific set of goals. The "Occupy" city_name movement is a handful of people who have never paid income tax except when they worked at the local water ice stand that summer, and who are out with no other priority than "against corporations." But for some reason, these dolts are getting a ton of press, and like moths to the flame, other dolts will probably join them to mate and produce other dolts.

Edited by John Adams

I get the impression most Tea Partiers have jobs, or at least don't live with their Daddy-uncles.

The Tea Party is a large political movement with a pretty specific set of goals. The "Occupy" city_name movement is a handful of people who have never paid income tax except when they worked at the local water ice stand that summer, and who are out with no other priority than "against corporations." But for some reason, these dolts are getting a ton of press, and like moths to the flame, other dolts will probably join them to mate and produce other dolts.

Spoken like a pompus ass.

exactly. It blows my mind how much media coverage the Tea Party gets and how they are portrayed juxtaposed to the occupy Wall Street movement