The occupy Wall Street movement spreads

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Both sides have their pros and cons, but neither knows how to legitimately protest things- they are all brats and want what they want, and they want it right now.

If the OWS protesters have shown anything, it's that this statement is patently false. Love or hate the tea party, they not only know how to legitimately protest things, but do so in an orderly, lawful, clean, respectful manner while simultaneously creating real change in the makeup of the federal government. So they may want what they want, but they're willing to organize and do the work needed to earn what they want by using the system that is in place.

The only thing the tea party folks have in common with OWS is that they're both upset about something. Beyond that there is nothing...absolutely NOTHING...they have in common.

Live Blog of Oakland Raid

Glad to see no one was injured.

But I guess we can add squatters rights to the long list of demands the "Occupy" Movement has.

Early Monday, about 20 tents remained loosely spread on the lawn near Lake Merritt. While there weren't any police to be seen around 7 a.m., camper Andre Little, 38, said he expected to be evicted soon.

"But we'll come back," said Little, who has been with the Oakland movement since it began a month ago.

Little said some of the people evicted from Frank Ogawa Plaza may show up at Snow Park, but he also expected them to regroup and recamp at the downtown location.

Carly Jean, another Snow Park camper, said the raids were "inflicting fear" on people in the movement.

"I don't think we're anti-organization," she said. "They just need to say, 'Let's talk.' It's not all about chaos."

She said that in her mind, the movement is geared toward squatters' rights and the entitlement to occupy public spaces.

"It's been a real awakening for a lot of people," she said. "Most people get it.

And if they don't get it, they will. The truth is on our side."

Edited by Buff_bills4ever

Occupy Occupy Wallstreet

I have a deeling that these guys are not in the 1%, but I demand we all buy some of their t-shirts to put them there.:)

Awesome :lol:

But I'd be afraid to buy something like that and be put on some mailing list.

Kind of like why I never bought this awesome T-Shirt. I have no interest in being on Alex Jones mailing list

Occupy Occupy Wallstreet

I have a deeling that these guys are not in the 1%, but I demand we all buy some of their t-shirts to put them there.:)

That was freaking hysterical.

"We're here to take back what is rightfully ours."

"And what is rightfully yours?"

"Basically all of the money in the United States."

I particularly enjoyed the CNN interview, right through the moment the interviewer realized she wasn't interviewing people from OWS. :lol:

They're back.....

Court order allows Occupy Wall St. protesters back

Hours later, the National Lawyers Guild obtained a court order allowing Occupy Wall Street protesters to return with tents to the park. The guild said the injunction prevents the city from enforcing park rules on Occupy Wall Street protesters.

The guild said the injunction prevents the city from enforcing park rules on Occupy Wall Street protesters.

How the !@#$ does that work? Can I get an injunction to keep the state of Maryland from enforcing traffic laws on me?

Edited by DC Tom

They're back.....

Court order allows Occupy Wall St. protesters back

Hours later, the National Lawyers Guild obtained a court order allowing Occupy Wall Street protesters to return with tents to the park. The guild said the injunction prevents the city from enforcing park rules on Occupy Wall Street protesters.

That was expected, and certainly a relief to anyone working downtown. I can just imagine what my old commute would have been like this morning with hundreds of these smelly bums wandering all over.

I think this is what enrages me more than anything.

I so much as park my car crooked on 6th Ave or ride my bike the wrong way down the street in NYC and Im collared like a criminal. But these OWS people can just do whatever the !@#$ they want?

But the OWS clowns want special treatment so they can bend the laws in their favor.

Hey...isnt that what they are protesting against?