When to re-sign Fitz, Stevie, Freddie?

Virgil

I'm wondering if these guys didn't just earn themselves an extra million or two a year with that win over the Pats? Unless we bomb, they will be 4-0 and in the top tier of the NFL in offense. Hell, it's not impossible to beat the Eagles right now with how they are playing.

Imagine the Bills 5-0? What would that earn them? I'm not trying to low-ball these guys, but not trying to pay the hype either.

Personally, I think I would hold off at this point. I'm loving life like everyone else, but I know it's going to slow down at one point in time. I just don't want to get to close to the offseason where these guys decide it might be worth it to test FA.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear ya. I have this funny feeling we will sign two of the three. As pumped as I am right now, I can't forget we are still talking about Ralph. I won't even mention the cheap thing, I just never have much faith that he will do the right thing (in this case sign all three). Just my opinion.

Sooner the better. Their stock can only go both ways. If it goes up, you're gonna pay more. If it goes down, you got them at market value.

Either way, all 3 of them deserve it based on the past year. 4-12 sucks but those guys did some good stuff in that time frame.

I hate to crap in anyone's oatmeal, but nothing we say, or speculate, or wish, or curse. on this board has any impact on the goings-on at One Bills Drive.

No, that's right. Nothing whatsoever.

Particularly insofar as it relates to contract negotiations. I've watched this Front Office work its way through dozens of contracts of big-name players whom this fan base has screamed that MUST be re-signed or else it's the second coming of the Old Testament plagues. Oddly enough, the contracts get done, the terms seems fair and equitable to all parties, and the fans on TwoBillsDrive start screaming about something else.

Sorry to poop on things. Let's stay focused on Cincinnati. Have a great day.

Edited by Whites Bay

Derek you are a friggin cheapskate.

August of 2011 was the time to sign them.

Let's wait it out week to week? Like the past 3-4 years weren't long enough to evaluate them and they'll be put in the sale bin when they have a bad week???!!!

Fitzy will be a great edition to Seattle.

SJ13 will get to go back to San Fran.

The damage is already done, just enjoy this glimmer of light in 2011 because we'll have Thigpen and rebuilding in 2012.

I'm wondering if these guys didn't just earn themselves an extra million or two a year with that win over the Pats? Unless we bomb, they will be 4-0 and in the top tier of the NFL in offense. Hell, it's not impossible to beat the Eagles right now with how they are playing.

Imagine the Bills 5-0? What would that earn them? I'm not trying to low-ball these guys, but not trying to pay the hype either.

Personally, I think I would hold off at this point. I'm loving life like everyone else, but I know it's going to slow down at one point in time. I just don't want to get to close to the offseason where these guys decide it might be worth it to test FA.

You want to hold off but don't want to get to close to the off-season? It's now October and the off-season starts in February. Not a big window plus Jackson is signed for 2012.

Sooner the better. Their stock can only go both ways. If it goes up, you're gonna pay more. If it goes down, you got them at market value.

Either way, all 3 of them deserve it based on the past year. 4-12 sucks but those guys did some good stuff in that time frame.

Agreed! I am not basing their worth because of these 3 games, but including them with last years production....and in Freddy's case, the last 3 years.....remember when he lead the team in rushing and return yards?

Also, Wiz.....love that avatar.....You should get some shirts made with that graphic. I'd buy one!

I hear ya. I have this funny feeling we will sign two of the three. As pumped as I am right now, I can't forget we are still talking about Ralph. I won't even mention the cheap thing, I just never have much faith that he will do the right thing (in this case sign all three). Just my opinion.

Gotta sign Fitz. I believe the others are replaceable. Spiller scores on the Freddo pass/catch/run at end of Pats game. No one catches him. Fred gets caught. Spiller runs away from people. Stevie is a very good player, not a great one. Chan/Fitz are making this happen, along with the O Line.

I can understand a little hesitation on behalf of Fitz's new contract. He's played tremendously and I dont want to sell him short at all but may they want a few more weeks of dominance before the sign him to a huge deal.

But Stevie has definitely proved that he'd be worth every penny of a big contract. Ever since week 3 of last year the guy has been an elite receiver in this league. I want him resigned as soon as possible.

With Freddie, I'd rather wait till we have the other two locked up before we extend him since he's not actually a free agent after this year.

I'm wondering if these guys didn't just earn themselves an extra million or two a year with that win over the Pats? Unless we bomb, they will be 4-0 and in the top tier of the NFL in offense. Hell, it's not impossible to beat the Eagles right now with how they are playing. Imagine the Bills 5-0? What would that earn them? I'm not trying to low-ball these guys, but not trying to pay the hype either.

Whats with this weird respect of the Eagles around here? Because they are a NFC team thats SUPPOSED to be good? They have no real QB, the Bills will trash them. The real bench mark is division play, and one win over NE is not enough.

Lets see how the year plays out before we marry these guys. I have seen this before.

I can understand a little hesitation on behalf of Fitz's new contract. He's played tremendously and I dont want to sell him short at all but may they want a few more weeks of dominance before the sign him to a huge deal.

But Stevie has definitely proved that he'd be worth every penny of a big contract. Ever since week 3 of last year the guy has been an elite receiver in this league. I want him resigned as soon as possible.

With Freddie, I'd rather wait till we have the other two locked up before we extend him since he's not actually a free agent after this year.

I don't understand the distinction here at all. Both Fitz and Stevie have had a season's worth of good play which has continued up until now. Why are you nervous about one but not the other?

I would wait until the bye week. If we get to 5-0, I think signing long term deals with these 3 players could be in the best interest of the team.