Petition: More Air Time For Coach Sal At WGR55

He does a portion of the post-game after Bulldog and Schoop on WGR55. He's only on for a short time - I think it is an hour or so. Anyhow, I find him a pleasure to listen to. He has become my favorite radio host that talks about the bills. He is easy on the ears and more importantly he knows football and loves the city of Buffalo. Coach Sal needs more airtime and perhaps a show of his own.

Sign below if you agree. Perhaps the people at WGR will see this.

BuffaloBillsForever

I thought he was alright.....certainly better than the clowns they have on now. But then again, a test of the Emergency Broadcast System played over and over again would provide more insight and entertainment then the idiots who do shows there now.

He does a portion of the post-game after Bulldog and Schoop on WGR55. He's only on for a short time - I think it is an hour or so. Anyhow, I find him a pleasure to listen to. He has become my favorite radio host that talks about the bills. He is easy on the ears and more importantly he knows football and loves the city of Buffalo. Coach Sal needs more airtime and perhaps a show of his own.

Sign below if you agree. Perhaps the people at WGR will see this.

BuffaloBillsForever

He has a show of his own on Saturday morning.

Schopp and the Bulldog are such lazy broadcasters. Every show is just a rehash of a canned topic they've already done one hundred times. Who's you're favorite Bill? What's your favorite Buffalo sports moment? And then if a caller tries to mention something that's actually in the news or something Schopp will cut them off and say "We're not talking about that today"?

Schopp and the Bulldog are such lazy broadcasters. Every show is just a rehash of a canned topic they've already done one hundred times. Who's you're favorite Bill? What's your favorite Buffalo sports moment? And then if a caller tries to mention something that's actually in the news or something Schopp will cut them off and say "We're not talking about that today"?

I hate that. I used to listen to Schopp when he was on WNSA back in the day, and I don't recall him being so much like that. I hadn't listened to him on WGR much until recently. I've already heard him, on a number of occassions chide the caller for going "off topic." Now mind you... the topic for the day would be something to the effect of "What Buffalo sports figure would you most like to have dinner with" If someone answers the question, but then wants to talk about the headlines of the day, they're cut off because "we're not going to get into all that today, we want to stay on topic" ??? A topic, especially one so trivial, is a conversation starter, not ender. What a horrible way to host a show.

I am sure it will happen, but it takes time, he's only been in Buffalo for like a month. He's doing pretty darn good for 1 month imo, did you see him at the end of the Fred Jackson interview pop his head in there and smile when freddy was talking about Fitz in the huddle with a comeback story. Sal's hard work is finally paying off and I see bright things for him in the future and that's great for Bills fans imo.

They've gotten better with the Bills winning. Seriously. At least they're tolerable now.

Sal is on NOW

Edit: Sal just had a great 1st segment with Ryan Fitzpatrick's high school coach. They talked about Fitz's leadership and how he was interested in a good education when he chose Harvard. Next up the Cincy game talk, then baseball completes the hour before WGR goes to HS football at noon.

Edited by Albany,n.y.