wish me luck

tennesseeboy

I'm taking my daughter and her boyfriend to Neyland Stadium to see my alma mater (UB) play my other favorite college team (UT) tomorrow and we will probably be alone with 99,997 Orange clad Tennessee fans. It hurts to root against Tennessee, but I'm UB through and through and I gotta give the Bulls the same support I give the Bills.

I'm taking my daughter and her boyfriend to Neyland Stadium to see my alma mater (UB) play my other favorite college team (UT) tomorrow and we will probably be alone with 99,997 Orange clad Tennessee fans. It hurts to root against Tennessee, but I'm UB through and through and I gotta give the Bulls the same support I give the Bills.

Oh Man! What colors are you wearing?

Good luck, and let's hope UB can stay with them.

It's too bad UB is coached by an idiot these days. Coach Quinn is in love with his scheme and can't be bothered to consider how it's working in a real game. After all he's a genius. He actually has some talented players who he is wasting with his Captain Queeg act. Worst part is UB can't afford to fire this turd for two more years.

PTR

Went to UF vs UT there a few years ago. There were PLENTY of Gator fans there and more than UT fans by blow out games' end.

Doubtful you'll see a repeat of the orange mass exodus. This ain't Stony Brook that UB is playing. Sad to see UB football returning to its pre Turner Gill state. Still, UB should cover the 28 1/2 point spread.

It's too bad UB is coached by an idiot these days. Coach Quinn is in love with his scheme and can't be bothered to consider how it's working in a real game. After all he's a genius. He actually has some talented players who he is wasting with his Captain Queeg act. Worst part is UB can't afford to fire this turd for two more years.

PTR

What is weird is Gill had that program going in the right direction but bolted for Kansas. He was actually a finalist for the Auburn job before Chizsik(sp) got it. Auburn nation was poed, I believe Charles Barkley(former Aubrun Alum) even called it a racist decision. Stewart Mandel(who is one of the senior college football writers for CNNSI) said Chizsik has no chance of succeeding. Well all he did was win a national championship & looks like he is reloading on the run this year. Anybody that remotely follows college football can see that Gill is in way over his head at Kansas & will probably be fired after this year. Looked like Auburn made the right choice afterall. Maybe UB could bring back Gill after this year. I am not crazy about Quinn. From what I have read, from the start he treated Maynard like an outcast & that is why he ended up transferring to Cal. Maybard is leaps & bounds better at QB then anybody on UB right now.

What is weird is Gill had that program going in the right direction but bolted for Kansas. He was actually a finalist for the Auburn job before Chizsik(sp) got it. Auburn nation was poed, I believe Charles Barkley(former Aubrun Alum) even called it a racist decision. Stewart Mandel(who is one of the senior college football writers for CNNSI) said Chizsik has no chance of succeeding. Well all he did was win a national championship & looks like he is reloading on the run this year. Anybody that remotely follows college football can see that Gill is in way over his head at Kansas & will probably be fired after this year. Looked like Auburn made the right choice afterall. Maybe UB could bring back Gill after this year. I am not crazy about Quinn. From what I have read, from the start he treated Maynard like an outcast & that is why he ended up transferring to Cal. Maybard is leaps & bounds better at QB then anybody on UB right now.

Losing Maynard was huge. That guy was unbelievably talented I couldn't believe he was at UB. I wasn't at all surprised when I heard he was starting out at Cal this year

Edited by Captain Hindsight

I have a UB sweatshirt packed. Hell...I'm going to wear it with pride and hope we pull off a major upset. This will be the first game I've attended there not rooting for UT. I saw a lot of their games with Peyton Manning (and Peerless Price, Jabari Greer and Travis Henry) including the national championship team with Tee Martin at qb, and Haynesworth and Henderson on the D-line (can you imagine THOSE two together?)

As to the Auburn thing, my girlfriend's dad qb'd for Auburn many years (hell..many decades) ago and I was shocked when Chizuk got the job over Gill, but given what's happened since I guess they made a pretty good decision. Talk about hatred though...the Auburn wareagles hate Alabama in a way that rivals the red sox and the yankees.

I was in Albany last week and mentioned to a red sox FAN how it must hurt to have to root for the Yankees to beat Tampa..the guy said he would NEVER root for the Yankees under ANY circumstances...he said.."If the Yankees played Al Qaida, I'd be rooting for Al Qaida!"

!@#$ yeah, good luck, hope rivers, gill and the boys put up some points this week Edited by Defend Greece

Losing Maynard was huge. That guy was unbelievably talented I couldn't believe he was at UB. I wasn't at all surprised when I heard he was starting out at Cal this year

That is what scares me about Quinn. The guy showed up with Gregg William's bullhorn. So far he's looking pretty inept but he blames his players instead of looking at what he's doing. He benches certain players for god knows what. The 2010 Sugar Bowl blowout Quinn served as head coach in turned out to be an omen of things to come.

I'm disappointed a bit in Turner Gill, mostly because all that talk about loving Buffalo was just talk. Gill also mailed it in his final season after not getting a BCS job after winning the MAC. He should have concentrated on UB and established the program for at least two more seasons. He probably would have been better prepared to move on.

PTR

That is what scares me about Quinn. The guy showed up with Gregg William's bullhorn. So far he's looking pretty inept but he blames his players instead of looking at what he's doing. He benches certain players for god knows what. The 2010 Sugar Bowl blowout Quinn served as head coach in turned out to be an omen of things to come.

I'm disappointed a bit in Turner Gill, mostly because all that talk about loving Buffalo was just talk. Gill also mailed it in his final season after not getting a BCS job after winning the MAC. He should have concentrated on UB and established the program for at least two more seasons. He probably would have been better prepared to move on.

PTR

In hindsight, Gill should have stayed at UB and created a legacy for himself and the program. I mean he could've built that team into a perennial MAC contender. Instead he was just using UB like any other stepping stone and he's very close to getting fired from KU unless his club makes a drastic turnaround this season. I don't have the same distaste for Quinn that you appear to have but he's clearly not the answer...yet. We'll see.

Anyway, whosever going to UT tomorrow, have fun!!