Can Bills fans survive losing a couple of games?

PromoTheRobot

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No drug can give us the high these last 4 weeks have produced. It's a feeling we haven't known in years. I do worry there might be a massive overreaction if we should lose a game. I don't expect to lose this weekend, but with apologies to the Senator, I don't expect to win all of them either. Are you prepared to deal with a loss? Or will losing create a downward spiral back into the old feelings of doooooooooooooooom?

PTR

I stick by 'em, win, lose or tie...

We have some tough games coming up, and injuries could change everything for us - this team does not have a lot of depth. But I'm loving how things are going right now!

No drug can give us the high these last 4 weeks have produced. It's a feeling we haven't known in years. I do worry there might be a massive overreaction if we should lose a game. I don't expect to lose this weekend, but with apologies to the Senator, I don't expect to win all of them either. Are you prepared to deal with a loss? Or will losing create a downward spiral back into the old feelings of doooooooooooooooom?

PTR

Are we prepared to deal with a loss? There are posters here who have stuck with this football team throughout 11 years of no playoffs, let alone the superbowl years.

You might want to be more introspective and ask yourself if you can deal with any criticism of this team on an internet message board or from any sportswriter in the continental United States if they play a lousy game and/or show any weakness.

I've never tried heroin, so I'll take your word about drugs' inability to equal the buzz.

PTR, you know this board -to say nothing of all the newbs. Of course it's gonna be ugly once we lose. But, IMO, there's a true pattern developing here. Bills are a Stevie J dropped pass from being 8-3 in their last 11 games. While this hasn't been addressed much, it's understood that the ChanNix plan can be believed.

There'll be enough of us Billievers to battle back, when they eventually lose a couple.

P.S. 'Should' be 9-3 in their last 12 after Sunday.:flirt:

Bills fans are quite astute at determining who is a bust after on play in an OTA.

PTR

You're being overly harsh, Promo. Losing the rest of our games may actually be a good thing - it would improve our chances to get Andy Luck!

(The one thing we know for certain is that no team can be successful without a 'franchise QB' - and Fitz will never amount to anything more than a career backup.)

:rolleyes:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

"I expect to be undefeated." - Chan Gailey

19 and 0 baby!!! B-)

I think, in general, this fanbase still suffers from the pains of 2008.

It's been hashed out at great length what separates this team from that one. A key difference that year was that our quarterback had, among many, a clear and present kryptonite that damned us to failure: the 3-4 defense.

After we got off to a rocket start we dropped three division games in a row (all 3-4 teams that year). We'd finish the division schedule 0-6 and lose absolute stinkers that year to Cleveland and Francisco (also 3-4 teams).

There's 8 of our 9 losses from that season right there, the other coming to Arizona who lost that year's Super Bowl by mere inches.

Already we've got a better division record and there doesn't appear to be one insurmountable impediment to our team's success that would lead us to believe that kind of 180 could possibly happen again.

But, be because of injury, be it dumb luck or crappy weather, we WILL drop a game or two this season. So, while the lunatic fringe WILL go off the deep end, and while the pendulum WILL swing back the other way at some point this season (at least among the crazies), I don't think it's even remotely possible that we see the full fledged meltdown that cost us a playoff berth in 2008 and caused the fanbase to grab for/horde/purchase their first shotguns.

Only in the case of said meltdown can I see the kind of Buffalonian mass suicide that our early-going success would have us groomed to anticipate.

This season should be, will be, a fun ride.

GO BILLS!

They're going to lose, that's to be expected.

I just hope one of those losses isn't against the Giants. That will be my first Bills game outside RWS. I'm tailgating with all Giants fans, many of whom have talked a big game even as the past few weeks have progressed. I would love to crush them.

ralph is cheap

buddy isnt even trying to win

our coaches are incompetant

nobody good wants to play here

the league wants the bills to lose so they can move the team

my feet are made of green cheese

george bush planned 9/11

jim morrison is alive and having a gay affair with elvis. bigfoot likes to watch

You forgot Biggie and Tupac are still alive but not bad

PTR

Losing a game is truly inevitable, but we CANNOT afford to lose more than 2 games within the division, i.e. getting swept by the Jets or losing a game to the Dolphins. You MUST have a winning record within the division to be taken seriously, and the game against the Jets at home is another HUGE benchmark. Even if we lose to the Eagles or Giants, it is no big deal if we take care of business in the AFC East!

You mean 3 weeks. That is a pretty powerful drug !

4 SB losses endless playoff droughts, home-run throw-ups, too many officiating gaffs to count....true Bills fans that are still around should be tough as nails by now.

Like cockroaches after a nuclear blast, Bills fans would be driving through the rubble, scorched earth, and nuclear winter to the next home game happy they were getting sweet parking spots for their tailgate party.

4 SB losses endless playoff droughts, home-run throw-ups, too many officiating gaffs to count....true Bills fans that are still around should be tough as nails by now.

Like cockroaches after a nuclear blast, Bills fans would be driving through the rubble, scorched earth, and nuclear winter to the next home game happy they were getting sweet parking spots for their tailgate party.

Welcome to my signature, you modern day Shakespeare!

Are we prepared to deal with a loss? There are posters here who have stuck with this football team throughout 11 years of no playoffs, let alone the superbowl years.

You might want to be more introspective and ask yourself if you can deal with any criticism of this team on an internet message board or from any sportswriter in the continental United States if they play a lousy game and/or show any weakness.

Very good points, especially since PTR gets his panties in a wad everytime a sportswriter says something about the Bills.

Fans over-react to most every game, let alone season. It's natural. As long as the team doesn't go on a long losing streak, which I tend to doubt but could happen, the board can probably withstand the mania.

You are exactly correct, the fans on here over-react to every game, whether it is a win or a loss. A win and they are automatically Super Bowl bound and a loss and we will be picking first in the draft next year. Oh yea, and the Buffalo media sucks.