SI Article: Fitz Magic

If you didn't need another reason to love your starting QB, he and his wife actually have Sunday crockpot get-togethers at their home after games.

Crock Pot Fitzmagic

"In the middle of it all—dishing out his wife's cooking, apologizing for the dead grass, grinning through his thickening beard—was Crock-Pot Sunday's 28-year-old host. As usual, Ryan Fitzpatrick had beaten his neighbors home from the stadium. They like to stick around the parking lot for some postgame revelry, but NFL quarterbacks don't tailgate. Though on Sunday, Fitzpatrick might have liked to."

Edited by ChevyVanMiller

Kelly did something similar after games in the '90s but I think those were more alcohol than food.

Were those for Jimbo's neighbors or for the team? What's amazing here is that Fitz is hosting his neighbors every Sunday after he gets the hot sauce kicked out of him by 300 pound defensive linemen. (Actually, come to think of it, not too many of them have been hitting him this year. Rock on, mighty OL.)

As he watched the genial chaos and reflected on the day, Fitzpatrick smiled the smile of a man who has found his home. Understated and unflappable, he has emerged as a hero in a city starved for one, a hero who, down to his cold-weather beard, shares Buffalo's ethos. Fitzpatrick and the Bills are reportedly discussing a long-term extension, which would ensure many more Crock-Pot Sundays. "I get to play with my buddies, work our way up together, and then I get to come home and be with my family and friends," he says. "It's just fun, isn't it?"

How can you NOT like this guy?

Good article!

Tim-

Were those for Jimbo's neighbors or for the team? What's amazing here is that Fitz is hosting his neighbors every Sunday after he gets the hot sauce kicked out of him by 300 pound defensive linemen. (Actually, come to think of it, not too many of them have been hitting him this year. Rock on, mighty OL.)

Whole team was invited.

Fantastic article!!

Another example of how Fitz is like a real guy. He rejected joining the finals clubs at Harvard - those are basically the frat clubs for rich kids seeking status - and he walked to games with his parents every week.

Now go beat the Bengals!

Hell of an article. It puts a human touch on Fitz. He seems down to earth. Never to low or too high. I hope they extend him. It seems the longer he plays for Buffalo the more people he wins over. He deserves to be the starter for this team for years to come, and I wouldnt argue about that.

Pay Jackson too, let him finish his career with Buffalo. He is a leader on this team.

Hell of an article. It puts a human touch on Fitz. He seems down to earth. Never to low or too high. I hope they extend him. It seems the longer he plays for Buffalo the more people he wins over. He deserves to be the starter for this team for years to come, and I wouldnt argue about that.

Pay Jackson too, let him finish his career with Buffalo. He is a leader on this team.

Agreed great article, Fitzmagic is really something special.