Getting expensive

Jeffery Lester

We all talk about Freddy, Fitz and little Stevie from around the way needing a pay day. Agreed on all accounts... But Eric has been solid as a rock in the middle. But Andy has been a beast a guard. The interior of this line is playing very well....A big reason for there success....next year in line for big raise for both....

We all talk about Freddy, Fitz and little Stevie from around the way needing a pay day. Agreed on all accounts... But Eric has been solid as a rock in the middle. But Andy has been a beast a guard. The interior of this line is playing very well....A big reason for there success....next year in line for big raise for both....

when are there contracts up? Eric's a 1st round draft pick and Andy's a 2nd...there contracts aren't bad at all. I know watching the Bills the past 12 years it can be a little fuzzy but being drafted that high means you're expected to be a good football player and play at a high level.

Both of these guys have been really good so far. It seems like every other play on TV they're replaying Levitre pancaking a defender. Really this whole team is blocking well. That block McIntyre threw on Freddie's TD on the goal line was vicious.

It also leads me to question if these players would've made the same progress under the previous regime. (Probably Not)

On offense actually Pears, Urbik, Rhinehart and Bell are up this year if I remember right. I think that the line is definitively playing well together. Ryan Fitzpatrick and Stevie Johnson, Naaman Roosevelt (who will be an exclusive rights free agent. Looks like some serious expenses coming up in there.

On the D side, Reggie Corner, Bryan Scott, Andra Davis and Reggie Torbor, Morrison (I am not sure about what happened to Naaman and Corner's contracts since they were cut and re-signed). I like Davis a lot he is solid (when healthy), and I like his chemistry with Barnett, although I am sure they want the rookies and 2nd year players to step up in to his position. Scott has been hanging around on the roster for a pretty long time now, I have thought at the beginning of camp every year that there would be a chance he wouldn't make the team but then he he makes plays during the season, Corner played well IMO against NE*.

Lastly we have kicker Rian Lindell, it will be an interesting year seeing what they do before the offseason comes up.

If they cant go anywhere then worry about this years guys we need to take care of.......Fitz, Stevie, Freddie, Chandler these guys are gonna need to be taken care of THIS YEAR we also are going to have to tie up at least ONE of those starting OT's as they are both in their final year.......I am wondering if they can keep the O Line intact

Luckily :thumbsup: the Bills are so far under the cap they can afford to lock up what they feel are their core players and still have room and time to develop guys behind them.

Ol' Ralphy is going to have to wrench open that rusty wallet. You can't take it with you, but he can leave a lasting legacy if he handles the transition of this team wisely.

That's what happens when you have good talent that develops. Its weird because it just all happened to develop all at the same time on the offensive side (Sans Kyle Williams). The locked up Kyle and they look to be locking up Stevie and Fitz during the season. I hope by mid season they lock up Stevie and Fitz both have earned it. I think Freddie will also get a new deal towards the middle of the year.

Getting Stevie, Fitz, and Freddie signed is key. I also hope that if Bell keeps playing well they lock him up as LT is a very important position. Its good to know the team has the cap space to do such things (As well as the ability to cut Parrish's 4+ cap number once the season is over). No worries about losing these guys assuming the FO can get more deals done (They already have with Kyle)

With all the cap space they can front load these contracts and pay a majority of the signing bonuses up front (dreaded cash to the cap) which will sctually help the team resign the players they need in the years going forward. In this case having cap room is actually a good thing!

Yeah I've been posting about this over the past few days.

Besides the Big Three (Triplets), Demetrius Bell is an unrestricted free agent after this season.

So is Bryan Scott. So is Chad Rinehart. So is Eric Pears. So is Andra Davis and Scott Chandler.

Then there's a handful of restricted free agents including Kraig Urbik.

Andy Levitre will be in the last year of his contract in 2012. He's gonna get a huge raise… currently he's on a 4-year, $3.56 million contract.

Wood is signed through 2013 but as you suggest, they will probably want to bump him up before then.

That $30 something million is gonna dry up pretty quickly.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Heard Ralph wanted a toy car named Spiller rather than a Tonka truck named Bulaga. Our oline has been great, Fitz has been awesome and the offensive play calling equally impressive. I am interested in seeing how our Oline matches up against the Bengals front 7 who is a top 5 defense and IMO one of the best in the NFL.

uhhh...you should look up contract terms and perhaps..try your post again.

I am probably messing up a couple of guys and when their contracts are actually up...my point is......take care of the guys who's contracts end soonest if we plan to sign them.....there are at least 4 guys we need to lock up long term....then there are guys who's replacements were probably drafted this year (ILB, OT)

Personally....I would love to resign all these guys and keep the team togehter.......that way the rooks like Shep can get even more time to get ready. But that is not the way it works in the NFL