Atmosphere at the Ralph

Hey Hey

I've been to about 50 games including a Monday Night game. Sunday's Patriots game was as loud as I've ever heard the stadium. I'm not old enought to have experienced a home playoff game in the 90's. Can anyone compare the noise and atmosphere from our glory days to Sunday? This was the most fun I've ever had at a game. Freddy waving the flag after, the noise, and the win. Man that was awesome.

I've been to about 50 games including a Monday Night game. Sunday's Patriots game was as loud as I've ever heard the stadium. I'm not old enought to have experienced a home playoff game in the 90's. Can anyone compare the noise and atmosphere from our glory days to Sunday? This was the most fun I've ever had at a game. Freddy waving the flag after, the noise, and the win. Man that was awesome.

51-3 CHAMPIONSHIP GAME The Ralph was so loud it was shacking! week before the same versus the Dolphins! Sounded like that last week Be proud 12th man we make a difference even if its helping the team know we are behind them

It was definitely one of the loudest games I have ever been to, especially in the 4th quarter and after the game. But I gotta say that the Home Opener a couple weeks ago was louder for a longer period of time. Plus I myself felt more hoarse and out of a voice last week than this week, but that may be due to having a cold last week.

I've been fortunate to have been to some of the classic games. I was there for the division clinching game against Miami in Dec of 1990, when the goal posts came down. That one was fairly loud. I was at the Houston comeback game in Jan 93 with my dad. By the end of the 4th quarter, even after a lot of fans left during halftime, that was the loudest I've ever heard it there. The Monday nighter against Dallas four years ago was very loud too. Wish I could've been there for this game but I live in WA state now. GO BILLS!

I was at the game in the lower bowl celebrating the victory with my best friend since high school. I distinctly remember two moments yesterday:

- When Florence intercepted Brady the crowd erupted, but as he ran the ball closer to the end zone there was a gathering crescendo -- like a freight train getting closer and closer -- until he crossed the goal line. At that point, the crowd took it to another level entirely. Audibly and visibly, it was as euphoric and tumultuous as I have seen it in many years. A tremendous release of pent-up frustration, perhaps? The decibel level jumped the instant he reached the end zone.

- After the game, we hung out in the stadium and soaked it all in for another 20 minutes. Tens of thousands were still there with us. Fred Jackson waved the huge Bills flag as other players from both teams gathered at mid-field for a post-game prayer. Ryan Fitzpatrick came out of the tunnel to do an interview near the sideline. As he exited the field, he looked like a Gladiator in football pads being triumphantly cheered by the adoring masses.

Does it compare to other great moments at The Ralph? Honestly, I don't feel the need to compare it. I love the players on this team, and they have most certainly endeared themselves to Bills fans across the country.

The entire experience was a priceless memory on an absolutely gorgeous day in Buffalo!

This was one of the loudest games I remember being at: youtube.com/watch?v=tX8DTfuCxKs

The playoff clinching game in 1988 when we were just on the edge of greatness.

Thanks so much for sharing. That is my fondest sports memory of all-time. I was a sophomore in college and remember watching the game in my dorm room in Florida. My 3 roomates were not bills fans but were amused by the emotion I exhibited all game. The front page of the USA Today sport section had a picture of Smerlas and the headlines read "Block Fills the Bill." Awesome stuff.

Edited by Mr. Wonderful

I had the good luck to be at the "Greatest Comeback in NFL History" and that was the loudest place I've ever been, including being 40 feet from an F-15 in full afterburner!!

It was incredibly loud at the beginning of the game, dead silent just after half-time, then un-Billievably loud when Christie kicked the game winner

That was my 1st Bills game ever! I was 13 and I just remember it being wet, cold and louder than anything else I've ever experienced. I was hooked. I remember Fred Smerlas blocking the Jets FG at the end and the crowd going nuts but I forgot how low the score actually was.

Thanks for sharing the video, brought back memories...

Been to most of the home games since 1990. I'd agree with Porkie, the Comeback Game was the loudest...and most delirious. After that, it's tough to rate them. 51-3 was sure right up there. Of course, there were more seats available in those days, and you'd think 80,000 would easily trump 70,000 today. But the Dallas Monday nighter seemed as loud as those to me, and these past two weeks, once things got going, also seemed to be awfully close to the best of the old days. If you've never been to see the Bills live at home, make the effort this year...you won't be disappointed!

Sunday was great but, honestly I think the Dallas MNF game was the craziest ever. Maybe because we were winning early there. Brady shut us up pretty good the first half.

PTR

I didn't go to this one, but I was at the MNF Dallas game and that was the loudest and craziest I ever saw the Ralph, even during the SB years. It's tough to say but my opinion was that the Dallas game was the loudest I had ever been to. The first home MNF Bills game ever, when OJ played against the Chiefs, was right up there.

@Don: Playoffs/Elway? How do I not remember that? I vaguely remember a ref warning us about noise once but I've been to literally 80+ games & don't recall this Denver comeback game.

It wasn't the playoffs, it was Sept, 1990. I remember seeing it on TV at home....

http://buffalowdown.com/2011/07/16/classic-bills-video-of-the-week-bills-storm-back-to-beat-broncos/