NOBODY CIRCLES THE WAGONS!!!!!

sir andrew

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite part of the highlight is David Nelson getting up after his catch while Bills were still down 21-0. He took a pretty nice hit at the end of the play, his helmet flies off, and he's up with an absolute killer look in his eye. Telling the Buffalo faithful, "LET'S GO!". Gives me goose bumps. AWESOME!

He reminds me of some Biscuit clips from the 90's...

My favorite part of the highlight is David Nelson getting up after his catch while Bills were still down 21-0. He took a pretty nice hit at the end of the play, his helmet flies off, and he's up with an absolute killer look in his eye. Telling the Buffalo faithful, "LET'S GO!". Gives me goose bumps. AWESOME!

What a great CHARACTER PLAYER .... there's fire in his gut and Nelson is a perfect example of what it takes to be a Chan Gailey Buffalo Bill!

What a great set of highlights, gotta love boomer. I just watched it like 6 times lol. They are just absolutely electrifying!

One thing I loved was Fred Jackson's interview, you can really see the emotion just pouring out of him, his connection with the fans is just awesome. Almost sounds like he's choked up when he talks about how the whole city is behind them. LOVE IT!

Remember that good Rich Gannon taking the time to B word about Fitz throwing that ball into the end zone? And how he CANNOT MAKE THAT THROW....harped on it over and over

You know what Gannon....your wrong. Fitz threw it because he saw the interference and GOOD QB's know when to throw the ball to an area because they know the pass interference is gonna get called.....it puts us to the 1 yard line so we can score.....

GOOD PLAY FITZ

John, that's quite a reach there. Yes, it turned out great for the Bills (and their fans), but that pass was horribly ill-advised and possibly under thrown to boot. With the exception of the Hail Mary last gasp, this throw never should have been made.

With that said, I'm as happy as anyone that it turned out huge for the Bills (and us) !!!!

I love that Berman made a point to very deliberately pronounce the names of Eric Wood and Andy Levitre during the clip of Fred's big run right before the Chandler TD, to give them some a little national recognition. It's rare that interior linemen get any mention on SportsCenter or the like and it's another example of his affection and familiarity with the Bills.

John, that's quite a reach there. Yes, it turned out great for the Bills (and their fans), but that pass was horribly ill-advised and possibly under thrown to boot. With the exception of the Hail Mary last gasp, this throw never should have been made.

With that said, I'm as happy as anyone that it turned out huge for the Bills (and us) !!!!

Fitz' arm was hit just as he tried to deliver the throw. I don't think there's any way he saw the interference developing but I do believe he intended to put that throw more toward the corner based on his gesture to Nelson and also where Nelson was in the endzone before he was interfered with. If Fitz wanted to put that ball there, late, then of course it was a terrible throw, but I don't believe he did.

Edited by Punch

At least it'd be a better bet than mine--a Whitner, a Winfield, a Poz, and an Evans...

I'm with you Astro...every time I get a jersey the player either leaves, gets cut or is traded...I have Poz, Evans, McGahee...I'm afraid to buy a new one, don't wanna jinx the player/team

I love that Berman made a point to very deliberately pronounce the names of Eric Wood and Andy Levitre during the clip of Fred's big run right before the Chandler TD, to give them some a little national recognition. It's rare that interior linemen get any mention on SportsCenter or the like and it's another example of his affection and familiarity with the Bills.

Fitz' arm was hit just as he tried to deliver the throw. I don't think there's any way he saw the interference developing but I do believe he intended to put that throw more toward the corner based on his gesture to Nelson and also where Nelson was in the endzone before he was interfered with. If Fitz wanted to put that ball there, late, then of course it was a terrible throw, but I don't believe he did.

I just reviewed that play again (for the 100th time) and the ball had left his hand before contact was made by the Pat's rusher. It was a tad underthrown and still was an ill-advised throw given the point in the game.

I just reviewed that play again (for the 100th time) and the ball had left his hand before contact was made by the Pat's rusher. It was a tad underthrown and still was an ill-advised throw given the point in the game.

I didn't watch it 100 times so I guess that means you win.

David Nelson is my favorite player on the Bills. A Winner!

C'mon John, you're too good for this; don't be that guy. The interference didn't even occur until after he threw the ball and no QB in his right mind has ever thrown a ball into coverage in anticipation of a flag being thrown. The premise is just ridiculous. Yeah Gannon was a buffoon yesterday but he was correct that this was a horrific decision on Fitz's part.

That entire TD drive was a gift from the refs. Considering past events, a well-deserved gift, but a gift nonetheless.

Simon, you're absolutely correct as to Fitz' decision to throw the ball (and the degree to which he underthrew it). I take issue with the "gift" aspect of the drive, however. The interference call was textbook -- a defender not looking for the ball and impeding a receiver's attempt to come back to it. If it wasn't called, it would have been an injustice.

Simon, you're absolutely correct as to Fitz' decision to throw the ball (and the degree to which he underthrew it). I take issue with the "gift" aspect of the drive, however. The interference call was textbook -- a defender not looking for the ball and impeding a receiver's attempt to come back to it. If it wasn't called, it would have been an injustice.

So if Brady threw it, Wilson intercepted it 5 yards in front of where the contact occurred, you'd still think it was interference?

No, you wouldn't. Because it wasn't. The contact had absolutely zero affect on the play. None.

C'mon John, you're too good for this; don't be that guy. The interference didn't even occur until after he threw the ball and no QB in his right mind has ever thrown a ball into coverage in anticipation of a flag being thrown. The premise is just ridiculous. Yeah Gannon was a buffoon yesterday but he was correct that this was a horrific decision on Fitz's part.

That entire TD drive was a gift from the refs. Considering past events, a well-deserved gift, but a gift nonetheless.

Are you seriously saying NO qb has ever thrown a ball anticipating a flag? Can you tell which football world you live in? A good qb will take everything they can get. Football is brutal and you take what you can get. I guess the qbs dont quick snap if the defense isnt ready on the other side?

Yeah, that 5 yards is an insurmountable distance to cover for a WR. However could he have managed.

No, he couldn't. It hasn't happened in the history of football.

This isn't homerism, it's the rule book. Maybe there's no way in hell he ever catches that ball, but he was close enough to make a play on it. The DB wrapped him up while he still had that opportunity.

Really? It's in the rule book? How many times have you ever seen pass interference called on a play like that? I can't recall a single instance where a ball has been intercepted 5 yards in front of a supposed pass interference penalty. That ball was thrown 5 yards short into double coverage, with TWO defenders between the receiver and the QB.

I'm sure you'd be making the same contention if George Wilson was the interceptor, McLovin' was the guy getting called for the PI, and the Patriots had won the game on a last second FG, right? RIGHT?

Wrong.

I disagree that's is a rare call, but that's just two different opinions, so whatever...

Like I said earlier, it doesn't look like the guy means to do what he did. I don't think Nelson had the time to think about doing it on purpose, but the fact that they were so close and started to get tangles obviously makes the guy do what he did. But how does that matter? The fact is he committed the foul. Rule book doesn't say there has to be forethought.

How many times a game is PI called? Out of 150 offensive plays? Maybe twice on average? That's how many percent? What's your definition of rare?

So if Brady threw it, Wilson intercepted it 5 yards in front of where the contact occurred, you'd still think it was interference?

No, you wouldn't. Because it wasn't. The contact had absolutely zero affect on the play. None.

I don't wear the rose-colored glasses when it comes to penalties, and I think that one was a penalty -- regardless of who threw it. If Nelson was not impeded, he had a chance to come back and at least break up the play.

Still a poor throw, but that doesn't change the application of the rules.

I don't wear the rose-colored glasses when it comes to penalties, and I think that one was a penalty -- regardless of who threw it. If Nelson was not impeded, he had a chance to come back and at least break up the play.

Still a poor throw, but that doesn't change the application of the rules.

So Nelson was going to stop, run around a defensive back, and get back 5 yards to where the ball was intercepted all while the ball was in the air? :lol:

And I'm not changing the application of the rules. For it to be pass interference in the NFL, the ball has to be catchable. The fact that the ball was intercepted 5 YARDS before the ball could have even gotten to the spot where the receiver was supposedly interfered with, that makes the application of the rule moot. Saying anything else is nothing more than homerism and 99.999% of BILLS' fans would be losing their friggin' minds if the same call had gone against the team and cost us yet another game against the Patriots.

Friggin' homers.

:lol: