Evans Out for B'more

Chandler#81

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He looked good in August? :unsure:

This isn't some unproven rookie. Lee has shown he is a quality receiver. He was athletically good in august. He hurt his ankle and he has been Mia for all of 2 games. This isn't Marcus "never played a down" Easley we are discussing. August evaluations are a little bit different. You have to assume once healthy his production will probably increase.

as long as he can get on the field he should be fine. he doesnt need to catch any balls, he just needs to line up. he makes boldin boldin. without lee nobody ever would have heard of anquan

It is a sign of how bizarre the Evans discussion can get around here that your statement could be either complete sarcasm or completely sincere.

This isn't some unproven rookie. Lee has shown he is a quality receiver. He was athletically good in august. He hurt his ankle and he has been Mia for all of 2 games. This isn't Marcus "never played a down" Easley we are discussing. August evaluations are a little bit different. You have to assume once healthy his production will probably increase.

I wouldn't assume anything. Don't get me wrong - I've always had high regard for Evans and believe that had he been with a quality and stable franchise (rather than suffering thru 3 head coaches, 4 QBs, and 6 - or was it 7? - OCs), he might have been among the NFL's best.

But Lee's now a 30-year-old WR (with yet another new QB...and HC...and OC) whose body is now clearly showing signs of age, and whose production has steadily declined since 2008 - as evidenced by his 37 rec/578 yds #56 ranking among NFL WRs last season.

I wonder if a 30-year-old WR with declining stats and a nagging foot injury can come back strong, if at all. I wish him the best, but also would not be shocked at all to see him placed on IR at some point.

It is a sign of how bizarre the Evans discussion can get around here that your statement could be either complete sarcasm or completely sincere.

You do have to admit, RJ - it became much easier for Boldin to get so wide open in Arizona once Evans started drawing all that coverage here to Orchard Park B-)

as long as he can get on the field he should be fine. he doesnt need to catch any balls, he just needs to line up. he makes boldin boldin. without lee nobody ever would have heard of anquan

ipso facto lee evans is better than larry fitzgerald

sarcasm. valid point

Yeah, not clearly stated. I was refering to last years' Bills team that ended the season as The OLD times. After a game and a half, The NEW Bills are still without these 'can't win without them' WR's, winning without them.

Unlike many here, I was over the Evans departure quickly.

Hence the thread, right?

Seems like OLD times..

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/

While you're visiting their site, this may be of interest..

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/People/Cheer.aspx

I just don't get the 'Hate Lee Evans' Club' that seems to permeate the squalid corners around here.

Evans was a class act from start to finish. Losman was the only quarterback who truly used Evans' talent to its fullest but as we all know Losman wasn't able to do much else.

We all know that Evans was not the receiver that Gailey wanted because it wasn't in his game to get into crossing patterns but if you could get the ball downfield Evans was there.

Plus, he never ever blasted Buffalo, the team, or claimed another city was better.

It's not his fault we only received a fourth rounder for him but all I can do is wish him well with the only exception being in games against the Bills.

It's truly sad that some people have nothing better to do with their lives then try to toss their negative views on life onto someone who has always been positive.

I just don't get the 'Hate Lee Evans' Club' that seems to permeate the squalid corners around here.

Evans was a class act from start to finish. Losman was the only quarterback who truly used Evans' talent to its fullest but as we all know Losman wasn't able to do much else.

We all know that Evans was not the receiver that Gailey wanted because it wasn't in his game to get into crossing patterns but if you could get the ball downfield Evans was there.

Plus, he never ever blasted Buffalo, the team, or claimed another city was better.

It's not his fault we only received a fourth rounder for him but all I can do is wish him well with the only exception being in games against the Bills.

It's truly sad that some people have nothing better to do with their lives then try to toss their negative views on life onto someone who has always been positive.

i dont think that there is any actual evans hatred, or dislike for the guy. we can all agree he was a class act, and one of our better players. i think the what you call hate is just a response to the unrelenting love for lee as one of the great recievers in the league, with a more realistic view. i wish lee well but he didnt fit here. he is a no.2 burn reciever, he doesn't fit this offense qb or coach as a go to guy on every down or in important situations. great guy slightly better than pedestrian recievers.

just like there where a ton of !@#$s on those 90's teams that where great players, they can still be great. same as lee being a nice guy, doesnt take away from the facts about his skill set