The Toronto Game

5 Wide

In the past years, the game in Toronto has been an annoyance. It's just been a meaningless game being played in a sterile atmosphere where the Bills generally have nothing to gain and nothing to lose. It's been uninspired football from a team long out of the playoff race. If this season continues to go the way we all hope (and think) it may, how much bigger does giving away that home game look now? Washington is showing signs of life, and to lose that game to the suits in the Rogers Centre is going to suck.

If we are doing well the fans will fill the place and make noise. If the Bills are so fragile they can't handle a game in Toronto then we are screwed anyway. The players do a lot of PR in Toronto on their off days anyway. Like it or not they are pushing the Bills up north.

PTR

In the past years, the game in Toronto has been an annoyance. It's just been a meaningless game being played in a sterile atmosphere where the Bills generally have nothing to gain and nothing to lose. It's been uninspired football from a team long out of the playoff race. If this season continues to go the way we all hope (and think) it may, how much bigger does giving away that home game look now? Washington is showing signs of life, and to lose that game to the suits in the Rogers Centre is going to suck.

My son and his fiance and myself are coming in from Newfoundland for the Philly game. We were originally planning on getting tickets for the game in Toronto, but they were so expensive that it was cheaper to just buy tickets to the Philly game at the Ralph and drive down from Toronto. The biggest problem for those games in Rogers Centre is the ticket prices. The average fan will not pay for tickets, so you get very few people who have an actual rooting interest in who wins the game. The people who go to those games are mostly "football tourists" who really could care less who wins. Looking forward to our real home game in Orchard Park. I agree that it is a problem to give away a home game. Playing in RWS is a true home field advantage and the Bills lose that for one game every year.

i could not agree more with the poster. i have hated that toronto money grab from the get-go, and give up the home field advantage that the ralph provides is just wrong! i do not need to hear the justification for the bills to have to "regionalize" to remain financially viable. it is utter nonsense, they turn over a profit about 30-40 million..

i think they would have, had the game been played in the ralph! crowd noise would have upset their O LINE, it sounds like a golf crowd in there.

I'm with you in that I hate the idea of giving up a home game for a neutral site game in Toronto. However, if the Bills are going to play a game in Toronto it should be scheduled at the end of the season, in cold weather, and approaching the holiday season. Those games are usually very difficult to sell out. The best way for the organization to cultivate the Toronto market or even the local market is to put out a quality product.

I think this is the one game in this series so far that the Bills fans in WNY might want to consider making the trip to. I know there are some hardcore Bills fans in Toronto and I am sure they will be up for this, but I am not sure if they alone can make up for the general malaise of a normal Bills in Toronto game.

The people who go to those games are mostly "football tourists" who really could care less who wins.

This is very much true for the NFL London game as well, sterile is the absolute correct word to describe it. 100k tourists < 15k diehard fans rooting for their team.

The thing with Toronto however is that half the stadium should be filled with bills fans given how close it is, that alone should help to create atmosphere and drag those tourists in and create a home like atmosphere. Don't expect it to be the Ralph, but don't loose out on the opportunity to support your team.

Steep ticket prices being an issue I can see, however tickets are being dumped for preseason prices couple of days before the game or at least that was the case the last couple of years....

I honestly don't understand why you guys are allowing this to be a sterile atmosphere. Why isn't at least half of the fan base going to Toronto to support the Bills? It's not that far now is it...

The Toronto game is the worst environment ever. Awful tailgating (no open flames allowed, you have to drink in sponsored tents with insane beer prices) and just a sterile environment. I understand why the Bills had to do it, but most Canadians say they hate the games there.

Toronto does have a ton of easy, good looking girls though.

The Toronto game is the worst environment ever. Awful tailgating (no open flames allowed, you have to drink in sponsored tents with insane beer prices) and just a sterile environment. I understand why the Bills had to do it, but most Canadians say they hate the games there.

link?

I honestly don't understand why you guys are allowing this to be a sterile atmosphere. Why isn't at least half of the fan base going to Toronto to support the Bills? It's not that far now is it...

I went to a game in the Skydome (Bills-Packers exhibition)… it wasn't that bad.

If the Bills continue to build momentum and generate excitement, this year's Toronto game might be very different than previous ones.

Truth