Early pro-bowl watch...Gronkowski vs. Chandler

Billzfan23

My money goes to Chandler - more Red Zone targets overall this season and he's more hungry. There are 2 Gronkowski's on that Pats team and Aaron Hernandez coming back - my pick is Chandler for the AFC Pro-Bowl tight end :)

Listen, I'm all about being a homer and supporting "my" guys...but, it's only week 3 and Chandler is virtually an unknown...maybe he'll turn out to be a stud, maybe not...we got 14 more weeks to find out.

My money goes to Chandler - more Red Zone targets overall this season and he's more hungry. There are 2 Gronkowski's on that Pats team and Aaron Hernandez coming back - my pick is Chandler for the AFC Pro-Bowl tight end :)

Right now Rob Gronkowski & Chandler each have 3 TDs, but Gronk & Hernandez both have more than twice the yardage as Chandler. Bowever, NE runs multiple TE formations more than any other team in the league - so you may be right in thinking that, once Hernandez returns, neither his nor Gronk's TD pace will keep up with Fitz'z favorite red-zone target, Scott Chandler.

The problem with Pro Bowl voting though, as we all know, is that most fans vote for the names they know, the players tend to vote for the same veterans year after year - whether or not the player is deserving (i.e., Jason Peters).

My money's on Scott Chandler as well, though - if for no other reason than 'cause WEO insisted the guy sucks B-)

did you write this while standing in line for Super Bowl tickets?

Right now Rob Gronkowski & Chandler each have 3 TDs, but Gronk & Hernandez both have more than twice the yardage as Chandler. Bowever, NE runs multiple TE formations more than any other team in the league - so you may be right in thinking that, once Hernandez returns, neither his nor Gronk's TD pace will keep up with Fitz'z favorite red-zone target, Scott Chandler.

The problem with Pro Bowl voting though, as we all know, is that most fans vote for the names they know, the players tend to vote for the same veterans year after year - whether or not the player is deserving (i.e., Jason Peters).

My money's on Scott Chandler as well, though - if for no other reason than 'cause WEO insisted the guy sucks B-)

Actually, I insisted that he had sucked. I have already conceded I may be wrong. Let's see how it plays out.

hernandez has a nagging knee injury which will prob stunt his production allowing gronks to put up even larger numbers than before. also, chandler has to prove himself for more than 2 weeks before the probowl talk starts up. hopefully chandler does have a great season and puts up good numbers, and if he does then hopefully he will get rewarded for it with a trip to the probowl.

For the first time in a long time, we have several players who could end up on the pro-bowl roster. I'd say that Fitz, Johnson, Jackson, Levitre, Wood, and possibly even Dareus and Chandler have a good chance. They won't be playing in the actual game ,however, because they will be preparing to play in the super bowl :thumbsup:

For the first time in a long time, we have several players who could end up on the pro-bowl roster. I'd say that Fitz, Johnson, Jackson, Levitre, Wood, and possibly even Dareus and Chandler have a good chance. They won't be playing in the actual game ,however, because they will be preparing to play in the super bowl :thumbsup:

19 and 0 baby!!!!! B-)