Attrition, 2 games played; 4 men down

bladiebla

Yes, we're doing great, however with 2 games played we have allready lost 4 players to IR (McGee, Parrish, Eddins and Easley), by this rate we'll end up with 32 players on IR at the end of the season. I cant remember it ever being this bad (number wise). With the 5 guys allready on there (Wang, Huggins, Corto, Torbor, Hall), that makes a grand total of 9 allready. Is it me or is this an awfull lot for two games into the season (wasnt 18 guys on IR at the end of season the record couple of years back).

Edit: Other then McGee and to some extend Parrish we're lucky I guess...

Edited by bladiebla

also, in that sense McGee wouldn't count because he is not on IR.

Aha, my bad, I missed that/figured 6-8 weeks -> IR. So we're down 3 guys to IR for an average of 24, let's take Easley off as well so that would come down to 1 per week or 16 for the season. Better, still bad lol.

Yes, we're doing great, however with 2 games played we have allready lost 4 players to IR (McGee, Parrish, Eddins and Easley), by this rate we'll end up with 32 players on IR at the end of the season. I cant remember it ever being this bad (number wise). With the 5 guys allready on there (Wang, Huggins, Corto, Torbor, Hall), that makes a grand total of 9 allready. Is it me or is this an awfull lot for two games into the season (wasnt 18 guys on IR at the end of season the record couple of years back).

Bladiebla, maybe I don't understand the distinction betweein Injured reserve and Waived/Injured?

Wang, Huggins, Corto, and Kirlew were Waived/Injured. So I don't think they're on IR. We waived them, though we have responsibility to pay them until they heal up or reach an injury settlement. Eddins was placed on season-ending injured reserve and reached an injury settlement, which is the same as being Waived/Injured?

Torbor is on season-ending IR. Easley and Parrish are on IR. Hall is on IR.

McGee is not on IR, though he is obviously injured.

So I think thats just 4 on IR, not 9?

Maybe someone can explain the distinctions. The whole "season ending injured reserve" vs "injured reserve" puzzles me as my understanding is IR means you can't come back that season, so "season ending" is redundant.

It's not just the Bills, terrible injuries are destroying the entire NFL.

It happens every year, but I think the lack of offseason training may have resulted in a slight increase this year, and some of it is just variance.

If you think the Bills are in rough shape, my second and third picks on my PPR fantasy team were Jamaal Charles and Miles Austin. I'm getting killed out there!

Why is it every year we act like the Bills are the only team that has players get injured? All around the NFL teams have players on IR, its part of the game, stop acting like we are the only team that it happens to...

Bottom line… and this was posted in a different thread… but in reality the Bills have not suffered a significant injury this year.

All the players we're talking about have either:

1) done nothing in their careers (ie-Easley)

2) are at the end of their careers (Parrish, McGee)

3) have been so injury-prone that you'd have to say that being unavailable due to injury is their normal status (Easley, Parrish, McGee)

Knock on wood… all our injuries so far have been insignificant, IMO.

The nagging injury that Merriman is playing with is more significant IMO, than any of the other injuries which have caused others to miss games.

Bladiebla, maybe I don't understand the distinction betweein Injured reserve and Waived/Injured?

Waived/injured means you get waived and get to go through normal waiver process, once you clear waivers you get to go on IR where all rights to you are retained by your team (what it exactly means per contractual terms is something I don't know).

Why is it every year we act like the Bills are the only team that has players get injured? All around the NFL teams have players on IR, its part of the game, stop acting like we are the only team that it happens to...

Read before responding next time ok, please.

Knock on wood… all our injuries so far have been insignificant, IMO.

The nagging injury that Merriman is playing with is more significant IMO, than any of the other injuries which have caused others to miss games.

Agreed, on the insignifigance of them with relation to overall impact.

Merriman is not listed as having any injury.

It's not about HOW many guys are out but rather WHO is out.

In that sense, we are fortunate. Look around the league. Tons of key players were lost this week alone. I could care less that Eddins was put on IR. Easley was never much to count on to begin with and we know the drill with Parrish. Won't surprise me if McGee follows suit. The minute we lose a KEY guy (won't mention names for the sake of not jinxing 'em) then we are screwed because we don't have the depth to compete.

I really don't think they have more injuries than other teams, but it seems like they are quick to IR players more than other teams. I follow no other teams as closely as the Bills, so I don't know how other teams work. But do other teams IR a player that has a twisted ankle? Out 2-3 weeks and your put on IR? Does this come from lack of depth? If you're a young player, you're going to play hurt that's for sure, or you're done for the year...