Question for everyone

A win on Sunday against the Patriots and then lose the next 2 games or lose to the Pats and win the next two games.

I'm torn as I would love to beat the Pats but I think I would rather the 4-1 record. But on the otherhand, a division opponent win would be nice, especially if it was against the Pats.

What about the rest of you?

Heard this question on WGR last night and it was tough for the hosts to answer as well.

A win on Sunday against the Patriots and then lose the next 2 games or lose to the Pats and win the next two games.

I'm torn as I would love to beat the Pats but I think I would rather the 4-1 record. But on the otherhand, a division opponent win would be nice, especially if it was against the Pats.

Heard this question on WGR last night and it was tough for the hosts to answer as well.

That is a tough one. Ultimately though, I'd take the 4-1 record. Wins are such a valuable commodity in a 16-game schedule and game #5 is against a quality opponent in the Iggles anyway.

99% of the time it's not a question you take the 2-1 but in this instance, a win against the team that has dominated both the Bills and the division would be worth 2 losses. A 15 game losing streak creates a mental block that is damaging to a team's psyche (and I believe part of the reason why the FO has been active in turnover over the roster), and ending that is worth one extra loss.

p.s. the problem is people here would be suicidal if they beat the Pats to go 3-0 and then drop 2 straight.

Edited by KD in CT

Sounds like the kind of stupid show they'd have on 'GR. Not at all surprised that such a stupid hypothetical would stump them, either.

I want to win this Sunday. Then I'll start worrying about the Bengals.

Haven't even thought about week five (who do we play?) other than to agree 100% with Chan Gailey...

"I expect to be undefeated. I expect it. I think our players expect it. If you don’t expect it, something’s wrong with you. If you say, “Well I hope we’re a little bit better than last year,” you ought to get out. That’s wrong. I expect to win every one of them. I expect to be undefeated. That’s the way I’ve always been and that’s the way I’ll always be."

GO BILLSSS!!!!

"I expect to be undefeated." - Chan Gailey

19 and 0 baby!!! B-)

Edited by The Senator

How can anyone ask a question like this. So if they beat the pats it they will lose the next 2 and if they lose to the pats they will win the next 2? HELLO! You play to win the game! How about beat the pats and win the next 2. That would be the easiest since they would be on such a high it would be unreal. Win the the next 3 which they can do. Let me guess the iggles are a superbowl bound team, please. Buffalo will run all day on them. Cincy will be a tough team to beat but we can do it. Cincy gives Buffalo a bigger game than philly.

Given the choice, I'd take the win over the Pats. It would do more for this team than one additional win against the Bengals or Eagles. Plus, that divisional game could be equal to 2 wins if it comes down to it.

We WILL beat the Pats this week!! You gotta BILL-IEVE!! Make it count - Take them out!!

How can anyone ask a question like this. So if they beat the pats it they will lose the next 2 and if they lose to the pats they will win the next 2? HELLO! You play to win the game! How about beat the pats and win the next 2. That would be the easiest since they would be on such a high it would be unreal. Win the the next 3 which they can do. Let me guess the iggles are a superbowl bound team, please. Buffalo will run all day on them. Cincy will be a tough team to beat but we can do it. Cincy gives Buffalo a bigger game than philly.

I'm not saying it WILL happen. I was asking hypotheticaly.

4-1 leaves 6-5 for the playoffs. Easy choice.

3-2 leaves 7-4

I agree with the 4-1, but I gotta tell ya, NS, and it pains me to say it but I think 7-4 (11-5) will be necessary this year in the AFC to make the playoffs.

Assuming they are the wild card contenders I think the Jets and Ravens (yes they beat the Steelers but badly hiccuped against Tenn.) will easily get to at least 10-6 this season.

In either scenario the Bills still have a lot to do to get to the playoffs so everyone should understand that this is just in theory.

Once you accept that, the choice is still difficult until you look at the schedule. If they lose to the Pats and then beat the Bengals and Eagles they will have put themselves in a bad tie-breaker scenario because the sequence of importance is:

Division game

Conference game

Non-conference game.

The NE loss hurts the Bills in a tie breaker as would the win against the Eagles. The Bengals game is more of a neutral. Based on this the obvious choice if you want the Bills to make the playoffs is take the win against NE. At the end of the season there might be a lot of ties this year. I can see the Pats, Jets, Bills, Ravens, Steelers, Browns, Texans, Chargers, Raiders, and possibly the Titans in the playoff mix. That is 10 teams for 6 spots. That means you want the best tie breaker scenario possible which means:

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!. BEAT THE PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with the 4-1, but I gotta tell ya, NS, and it pains me to say it but I think 7-4 (11-5) will be necessary this year in the AFC to make the playoffs.

Assuming they are the wild card contenders I think the Jets and Ravens (yes they beat the Steelers but badly hiccuped against Tenn.) will easily get to at least 10-6 this season.

We will see. Even in that 11 win race suddenly you'd need 8 wins if you drop those 2.

The closer they can get to .500 and your in, the more comfortable I feel.

Given the choice, I'd take the win over the Pats. It would do more for this team than one additional win against the Bengals or Eagles. Plus, that divisional game could be equal to 2 wins if it comes down to it.

We WILL beat the Pats this week!! You gotta BILL-IEVE!! Make it count - Take them out!!

Best way to break a tie- win more games. At the end of the year I'd rather have an extra win than a tiebreaker at a lower win total.