Over on the Patriots Message Board...

saundena

Although most of them expect to win, they collectively seem to be pretty nervous about this game. Common themes:

1. The Bills are do for a win.

2. The FANS will be amped up. Worried about noise, atmosphere etc.

3. The Bills know how to score points.

4. They respect Fitz.

5. Not too worried about our D.

6. Confident that in a shootout, Brady will bring them to the promised land.

7. Should be a hard fought game.

8. Seem to be much more intelligent than the KC fans from week 1.

BONUS. One of the posters said that the Bills K-gun is back and another poster corrected him and said it should be called the F-Gun. That that was pretty funny

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

on this board

1. The Bills are due for a win.

2. The FANS will be amped up. Worried about noise, atmosphere etc.

3. The Bills know how to score points.

4. They respect Fitz.

5. Not too worried about our D.

6. Confident that in a shootout, Brady will bring them to the promised land.

7. Should be a hard fought game.

8. Seem to be much more intelligent than the KC fans from week 1.

BONUS. One of the posters said that the Bills K-gun is back and another poster corrected him and said it should be called the F-Gun. That that was pretty funny

fixed it

Edited by Clippers of Nfl

It's going to be tough to slow down NE's O. They have so many weapons and Marcia Brady is very good at taking what the D will give them. After watching Leodis "the non-factor" McLovin get owned by a bench-warmer, I don't have a lot of faith in our D. Hopefully we can win a shootout.

This will be a very interesting game ... It will really tell us where the Bills are physically, mentally and with respect to game planning. Gailey will need to be at his best.

Among many other factors, this will be a key aspect to Sunday's game. Can Gailey match wits with the hooded one?

Except they are thinking the K-Gun was named after Kelly, but it's actually named after Keith McKeller.

Why was it named after Keith McKeller? I feel I heard that before, and (apologize to the Open Source types on the board) from a better source than Wikipedia.

Back on topic, I checked Pats' message boards too, and I got the same feeling -- Bills are different this year. They also took a couple cheap shots at Buffalo but hey that's to be expected.

Why was it named after Keith McKeller? I feel I heard that before, and (apologize to the Open Source types on the board) from a better source than Wikipedia.

I thought it was Kent Hull.

I could only find this other article...

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2010/12/2/1848736/december-2-1990-bills-unveil-no-huddle-offense

One thing Saundena didn't list in his account of the Patsies* message board is the fact that for two years now, the New England defense has sucked.

If there's one thing that the Chowds should be nervous about, it's that our offense looks good and that their defense remains mediocre.

You can understand San Diego lighting them up but Miami did too.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Thanks for the link JJ, the article makes it little bit more plausible for me that it was named after McKeller. I guess by "agile" they mean that McKeller was a good pass-catcher as well as blocker (I was just getting out of diapers during the start of the Bills' glory years, so I don't have much recollection of McKeller's abilities), so having someone that could serve in both roles makes a run play a credible threat when you can't make subs.

At any rate, again to go back on topic....

One thing Saundena didn't list in his account of the Patsies* message board is the fact that for two years now, the New England defense has sucked.

If there's one thing that the Chowds should be nervous about, it's that our offense looks good and that their defense remains mediocre.

You can understand San Diego lighting them up but Miami did too.

For exactly that reason, I am giving serious consideration to a Fitzpatrick-Nelson-Jackson-Chandler axis for one of my fantasy teams (FYI, I have Vick who's Questionable at the moment, totally blew my WR picks and my TE just might be involved in a blowout). For the past few years, NE's D has not been what it used to be.

If you look at the NE glory years, with McGinest-Vrabel-Bruschi et al as LBs, Ty Law-Rodney Harrison in the secondary, they had a dominant D. You knew exactly who you were up against. Now, when I was watching the MNF game, I needed Google on hand to get their D straight: all I know now is Wilfork because he's dirty, a bloated Albert Haynesworth bc of the contract issue and then "everybody, [Pat] Chung tonight" because of a crappy 80s song.

Far cry from 2001-04 Pats.

I just watched the Bills/Raiders game on NFL replay.

The Bills will lose to the Pats.

The only hope is that if NE has a very bad day with turning the ball over.

Hoping for a win ofc, but honestly am not expecting a good showing at all, especially on D. I see Brady raping the Bills D with screen passes and Woodhead runs all day...

This could be the first bad loss for the Bills this year, bringing everyone back down to reality, and the national media saying "told you so, Bills are pretenders"

Edited by ETD66SS