Parrrish slows this offense down

Estelle Getty

He is one of those guys many fans are for some reason enchanted with. I would guess because of his speed. He has never had more than 400 yards recieving or 3 tds including returns. (had 3 once his second year). He is one of those players we are stiiiiiiill waiting to turn the corner but there is always some excuse for why he hasn't.

The reason he slows down the offense is because we feel obligated to incorperate him because he is a "playmaker" but never really seems to make any big plays. The same reason Evans hindered the growth of our offense by catering to his one dimensional play for all of these years. Parrish isn't to the same effect as Evans because he is not suppose to be our # 1 option.

I can hear it already about how he has "so much speed" and "he makes the defense account for him at all times." These are the same people who thought the departure of Evans would really hurt Steve Johnson. The STATS don't lie. He is not a big threat on offense nor has he ever been. I would rather see a young player like Roosevelt get an oppurtunity. A guy who actually produces when he gets a chance, not someone living off his college reputation at this point.

My final reason to move on and one I have called for for the last couple of years is the purging of players from this roster who don't know what it is like to win. I think people are finally starting to understand that with the new attitude and confidence of all of the young talent and veteran leadership from players who are use to winning

I think Scoce is kind of small and fragile but a player (I also think he has talent and plays with heart DJ was a fool not to use him), I hope he has a speedy recovery and is not IR'd again this year. His days might be numbered, Nelson is a real weapon.

The only legitimate knock on Parrish is his inability to stay healthy. The theory that if he was any good Jauron would have used him effectively is based on the premise that Jauron knew how to run an offense.

Roscoe was becoming a more integral part of the offense when Jauron came to town. Last year he had 400 yds in less than half a season as a part time receiver.

Sorry dude, your analysis doesn't work.

Edited by Rob's House

I think it's time to put him on IR and turn the page. He can't stay healthy, which makes him unreliable, and the one pass he had thrown his way, he drops (although so did every Bills WR that first half it seems). Elevate Roosevelt and work Brad Smith into the receiving packages.

The only legitimate knock on Parrish is his inability to stay healthy. The theory that if he was any good Jauron would have used him effectively is based on the premise that Jauron knew how to run an offense.

And the premise that he would have been a big time WR if Jauron had only 'used him' is based on what? A few games where he had *gasp* 70 yards receiving before getting hurt again? Maybe Jauron didn't use him because he knew a 160 lb guy isn't going to last more than a few games in the NFL.

Parrish was yet another dumb, gimmick draft pick who provides little value to the team.

Edited by KD in CT

I'll second the notion that the only knock on him is that he can't stay healthy, he is a weapon, and it's easy to see how much attention he draws when he's on the field. But the reality is that this is a physical game, and it's hard to keep a player on the roster every year when he is not available to contribute for more than a handful of games each year. It wouldn't surprise me if he ends up missing a lot of games this year that the Bills part ways. Injury plagued players end up costing a team valuable roster room, and we all know how much people on this board liked joique Bell, and this year Ruvell Martin.

I hope he can shake the injury bug, I really do.

I don't think anyone feels obligated... more so, he's a solid #3 WR when he is healthy. Why play lesser guys just because one guy might get injured? You field your best players, end of story. Roscoe is better, imo, than a lot of our young WRs. He's out now, and the young guys will get to develop more. Will he still be better when he comes back? If he is, put him in there, if he isn't, stick him lower in the depth chart. This isn't rocket science.

He is one of those guys many fans are for some reason enchanted with. I would guess because of his speed. He has never had more than 400 yards recieving or 3 tds including returns. (had 3 once his second year). He is one of those players we are stiiiiiiill waiting to turn the corner but there is always some excuse for why he hasn't.

The reason he slows down the offense is because we feel obligated to incorperate him because he is a "playmaker" but never really seems to make any big plays. The same reason Evans hindered the growth of our offense by catering to his one dimensional play for all of these years. Parrish isn't to the same effect as Evans because he is not suppose to be our # 1 option.

I can hear it already about how he has "so much speed" and "he makes the defense account for him at all times." These are the same people who thought the departure of Evans would really hurt Steve Johnson. The STATS don't lie. He is not a big threat on offense nor has he ever been. I would rather see a young player like Roosevelt get an oppurtunity. A guy who actually produces when he gets a chance, not someone living off his college reputation at this point.

My final reason to move on and one I have called for for the last couple of years is the purging of players from this roster who don't know what it is like to win. I think people are finally starting to understand that with the new attitude and confidence of all of the young talent and veteran leadership from players who are use to winning

Well, I should say that you probably knew the lashback was coming because Roscoe is so loved around here. I happen to agree with you. Just like I felt about Evans I have no idea why people love this guy so much. First of all he can't stay healthy at all which I predicted in preseason he would be broke by week 4. Second, he has never done anything on offense to prove he is even a legit WR. Just like Devin Hester he should have just embrased his return ability and tried to go out there and be the best returner there's ever been. Similar to Tasker on special teams in the 90s. You don't have to be an integral part of the offense or defense to male a difference on a football team.

I see why fans are in love with his potential to break big plays but cmon. He's never been able to do it consistantly. I don't wanna hear fans talking about last year either. They are the same people that loved Evans to death and say Eva s was needed to male Stevie as good as he was. Well, maybe all Evans did was make Roscoe. Good last year instead.

The young guys on this roster are big, tall, physical WRs. They catch balls thrown to them and make plays. Roscoe made ine TD years ago to help seal a victory and that's it. Unfortunately his career is summed up by that play as he broke his hand on the same play and missed the rest if the season. I expect him to be kept through the season but denied the ability to come back next year.

I'll second the notion that the only knock on him is that he can't stay healthy, he is a weapon, and it's easy to see how much attention he draws when he's on the field. But the reality is that this is a physical game, and it's hard to keep a player on the roster every year when he is not available to contribute for more than a handful of games each year. It wouldn't surprise me if he ends up missing a lot of games this year that the Bills part ways. Injury plagued players end up costing a team valuable roster room, and we all know how much people on this board liked joique Bell, and this year Ruvell Martin.

I hope he can shake the injury bug, I really do.

Exactly. They need to cut him and move on. They also need to cut Mcgee and Easley and move on.

I'm hoping the Bills throw CJ into the slot. He's bigger, just as fast and just as difficult to cover in the slot. He could really be an amazing weapon and cause defenses fits!

Agreed. Give Spiller the punt returns and Roscoe's WR duties, I think you make your team better and you develop CJ some more. The guy was the first running back in the world drafted last year, he needs to get more playing time and experience. Freddy is making that tough, so we need to look at other ways to get Spiller the ball.

Roscoe is fun to watch, but he's not the future of the team.

I love how the OP is talking about roscoe, and how everyone is supposedly in love with him because of his speed and he is living off of his college reputation, and then throws in how the Bills need to let him go and give the spot to Rosevelt, a guy Buffalo fans are in love with because he played at UB

The only knock on Parrish is that he has not been able to stay healthy, does anyone have an idea what kind of injury he had yesterday and how long he will miss? It seemed to be some kind of leg muscle injury as thats what they were working on on the sidelines before leaving the field.

I love how the OP is talking about roscoe, and how everyone is supposedly in love with him because of his speed and he is living off of his college reputation, and then throws in how the Bills need to let him go and give the spot to Rosevelt, a guy Buffalo fans are in love with because he played at UB

The only knock on Parrish is that he has not been able to stay healthy, does anyone have an idea what kind of injury he had yesterday and how long he will miss? It seemed to be some kind of leg muscle injury as thats what they were working on on the sidelines before leaving the field.

"The only knock on Parrish is he can't stay healthy." That is a pretty big knock and you are about the fourth person to use that Excuse. How about another knock is he has never been a productive reciever, is overpaid, and never knew how to run routes. The best is the poster who said he can't be covered.....that is a good joke.

He is one of those guys many fans are for some reason enchanted with. I would guess because of his speed. He has never had more than 400 yards recieving or 3 tds including returns. (had 3 once his second year). He is one of those players we aral ediciiiiiiill waiting to turn the corner but there is always some excuse for why he hasn't.

This is why I was hoping the best for Easley. Before his medical issue, he showed that he was making strides in beating that corner

Edited by WellDressed