To kill my friend

5 Wide

Not being a season ticket holder, I usually go to about 4 games a year just buying individual game tickets. When the seats went on sale, my buddy (who I have gone to the last 11 openers with) said, "I got the opener tickets, a sales rep who I buy from promised me some opener tickets". Yesterday I get a text "bad news, no tix for Sunday". Stub Hub pretty much has garbage seats at inflated prices which leaves me in the precarious position of trying to pick up some tickets from some local wandering businessmen. I know the opener is in high demand, so I wonder what my chances look like at not paying crazy prices Sunday....

Not being a season ticket holder, I usually go to about 4 games a year just buying individual game tickets. When the seats went on sale, my buddy (who I have gone to the last 11 openers with) said, "I got the opener tickets, a sales rep who I buy from promised me some opener tickets". Yesterday I get a text "bad news, no tix for Sunday". Stub Hub pretty much has garbage seats at inflated prices which leaves me in the precarious position of trying to pick up some tickets from some local wandering businessmen. I know the opener is in high demand, so I wonder what my chances look like at not paying crazy prices Sunday....

I think you will be okay. Just walk down abbott by the stadium right before the game starts. I guaranty you will get a ticket for under $100.

Edited by Gordio

The way I see it, your buddy owes you a ticket. A promise is a promise. If he's not willing to pony up for his mstake, then shiv the mofo!

Get them right before you go in. Several years ago I got tickets at noon for a 1:00pm start. Green Bay was the opponent--80 degrees---49 yd line---19 rows up----$60 a ticket. Found out at the end of the game that Coach Sherman's father and brother sat directly behind us. The tickets must have been sold to the "wandering businessman" from the Green Bay allotment.

Get them right before you go in. Several years ago I got tickets at noon for a 1:00pm start. Green Bay was the opponent--80 degrees---49 yd line---19 rows up----$60 a ticket. Found out at the end of the game that Coach Sherman's father and brother sat directly behind us. The tickets must have been sold to the "wandering businessman" from the Green Bay allotment.

That is good advice for saving $, but with the new additional pat downs going into effect, I would think you'd have to be willing to miss the beginning of the game.

Here's an indication of the market on Ticket Exchange. Petrino sold his 2 seats next to me in the 1st row of the tunnel endzone near the corner for $115 each. I was surprised he got that much, but after the blowout in KC, the fans are pumped.

What's face value on those?

That is good advice for saving $, but with the new additional pat downs going into effect, I would think you'd have to be willing to miss the beginning of the game.

You have a point. It's judging the right time when you think the scalper is starting to panic a little bit & you getting in for the start of the game.

Your friend is a moron. He probably thought he'd all the time in the world to buy tickets. Even in bad times the Bills always sell out the opener.

PTR

Not being a season ticket holder, I usually go to about 4 games a year just buying individual game tickets. When the seats went on sale, my buddy (who I have gone to the last 11 openers with) said, "I got the opener tickets, a sales rep who I buy from promised me some opener tickets".

The moral of this story - Never trust a salesman!

I bet Maybin promised him tickets before he got cut.

Funny you should say that, his cousin came in to my office this off-season and promised me tickets....I didnt have the hear to tell him i didnt think that would be happening....he also fed me so bull crap story about how much weight he was putting on