Drew Bledsoe Comments on Buffalo

Nix Buddy

I remember an NFL films video about the Bills during one of his seasons here, and he was walking toward the tunnel telling a player on the other team how great it was playing for the Bills...Bledsoe can suck it.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not ready to accept this characterization of the interview.

It seems like it could easily be interpreted as him ripping the weather in Buffalo.

Agree 100%. nothing against the original poster, but without any other verification of what was said, I'm not buying it.

I am watching Red Sox/Ray's baseball game and Bledsoe is in announcer booth since he is being inducted into Patriots Hall of Fame this weekend. Made comments to this effect:

1. he was exiled to Buffalo and it was awful

2. said it's always snowing there and when it isn't it is raining, windy and miserable

3. playing in these conditions is no fun because a quarterback never looks good

4. he never lost in snow when playing in New England and wished he played in more snow games since he always won

If he was as good in the snow as he claims he was then Buffalo should have made it to the Superbowl under his reign.

1. Hard to disagree with him there. The New England area beats the heck out of WNY across any dimension you can think of .

2. Can't disagree with that one in good conscience. WNY weather absolutely sucks other than July and August compared to the east coast cities

3. Hard to argue that.

4. Whatever

WNYers need to realize that WNY is pretty much a crappy place to live, relatively speaking. It is a lot more expensive than people think, due to property, sales and income taxes, the weather is truly awful for 10 months of the year and the place has a self deprecating negativity that is not terribly endearing to most people with something on the ball. Just saying. I am used to all the above because I grew up there, but someone from the outside coming in will have all kinds of issues with WNY.

1. Super Bowl XXXI

2. The only Hall of Fame item of Bledsoe's is the football he threw in Minnesota WITH THE BILLS

3. He was replaced and traded by New England because he was worse

4. !@#$ you, you sack-taking, washed up, ungrateful @!#!@.

You're taking this waaaayy out of context. He was exiled to Buffalo and the whether actually is awful. He did not say Buffalo the city or the fans were awful. He was talking about the damn weather for Christ's sake.

1. Hard to disagree with him there. The New England area beats the heck out of WNY across any dimension you can think of .

2. Can't disagree with that one in good conscience. WNY weather absolutely sucks other than July and August compared to the east coast cities

3. Hard to argue that.

4. Whatever

WNYers need to realize that WNY is pretty much a crappy place to live, relatively speaking. It is a lot more expensive than people think, due to property, sales and income taxes, the weather is truly awful for 10 months of the year and the place has a self deprecating negativity that is not terribly endearing to most people with something on the ball. Just saying. I am used to all the above because I grew up there, but someone from the outside coming in will have all kinds of issues with WNY.

wow. you grew up there? thanks for sharing your experiences as i'd bet most of the other fans of the Buffalo Bills on this board live in Sedona. you've painted a vivid picture and it's pretty clear to me you indeed have something on the ball.

i love the Boston area but meet people all the time who prefer not to live there, even with the $0 property and sales tax coupled with the 72 and sunny temps 365 days a year.

I am watching Red Sox/Ray's baseball game and Bledsoe is in announcer booth since he is being inducted into Patriots Hall of Fame this weekend. Made comments to this effect:

1. he was exiled to Buffalo and it was awful

2. said it's always snowing there and when it isn't it is raining, windy and miserable

3. playing in these conditions is no fun because a quarterback never looks good

4. he never lost in snow when playing in New England and wished he played in more snow games since he always won

If he was as good in the snow as he claims he was then Buffalo should have made it to the Superbowl under his reign.

Now may be a good time to change my screen name LOL

What could he possibly have against Buffalo? He was paid pretty well and the weather conditions are similar to New England? Sure the team was mediocre when he was here BUT I think they did a good job of attempting to spend money on the team while he was here. The team gave Bledsoe a chance and a second lease on his NFL career, yeah if they weren't the best team when he was here but they allowed him to continue to start in the NFL.

I have a good guess what he has against Buffalo. Imagine coming here and being welcomed as the savior by the fans, only to be unceremoniously dumped for JP Lossman shorty thereafter. He was very close to being washed up when New England scammed the Bills in that trade.

Not too sure he gives a rat's ass what Bills fans think of him. And given all the politically correct blather these guys spew, it's sort of interesting he'd light the match on this one...

It has nothing to do with what we think of the loser...it's about class, character and integrity.

You're taking this waaaayy out of context. He was exiled to Buffalo and the weather(whether) actually is awful. He did not say Buffalo the city or the fans were awful. He was talking about the damn weather for Christ's sake.

Whether you like it or not I fixed this for you ;-)

3. Hard to argue that.

4. Whatever

Been a lot of places and I must disagree. If you don't like an area where the dominant season is winter then you probably won't like it but in many other ways WNY is a very nice place. I assume you to be a man of some stature (maybe even "on the ball") but it sure sounds like you never lost that "self deprecating negativity" even though you found nirvana living in New England. Just saying.

Back to Bledsoe. I recall many interviews where he was so positive about Buffalo, heck he got a hero's welcome. As an NFL QB he was well above average as a pure passer but he could not process the game at NFL speed. His blown opportunities in Buffalo and Dallas prove he is not a HoF QB either. He needs to deal with that.

Edited by Bob in STL

You're taking this waaaayy out of context. He was exiled to Buffalo and the whether actually is awful. He did not say Buffalo the city or the fans were awful. He was talking about the damn weather for Christ's sake.

Have you ever been to eastern Mass? The weather there isn't much better, and so he's just talking out his a**. He sounds like Willis McGahee and I for one don't appreciate it.

If you DO read this thread Drew, then read this carefully:

I know what the weather is like in the Foxboro area, because I have lived near there. My grandparents lived in Coulee, Washington, and it rains a lot there. I know what the weather is like in the Buffalo area as well, and they are not much different. So, speaking with knowledge, what you said makes absolutely ZERO sense and means that you could only be talking about how Buffalo is awful. The reference to winning in the snow gives me further proof as you said being in Buffalo meant you lost and you hated it. The Bills gave you an opportunity to lead us and it didn't work out- don't think that gives you the right to trash the city. I gave you praise a couple of weeks ago on your awesome arm, and then this interview makes ME look like the jackass for praising you. Thanks a lot, Drew.

Edited by BmoreBills

Third stringers ? Like Who Willie Parker- turned out he was pretty descent rushing for over 1200 yards the next three years in a row. Antwaan Randle El - Polamalu had a sack, Larry Foote has a pick. Tommy Maddox started his third game that year. Third Stringers ? hardly

As for Bledsoe he's just a bitter guy, he was replaced by a guy who went on to greatness, flamed out in Buffalo and Dallas. His career was headed for HOF after 8 years and quickly turned far far away from the hall.

Who? Losman?

Back to Bledsoe. I recall many interviews where he was so positive about Buffalo, heck he got a hero's welcome. As an NFL QB he was well above average as a pure passer but he could not process the game at NFL speed. His blown opportunities in Buffalo and Dallas prove he is not a HoF QB either. He needs to deal with that.

Agreed. It's human nature when you don't do so well at something to blame other people & other things. Mature people look in the mirror & take responsibility.

Been a lot of places and I must disagree. If you don't like an area where the dominant season is winter then you probably won't like it but in many other ways WNY is a very nice place. I assume you to be a man of some stature (maybe even "on the ball") but it sure sounds like you never lost that "self deprecating negativity" even though you found nirvana living in New England. Just saying.

How is the dominant season here winter. I do not get this? It is only nice in July/August? I will admit the weather here is not the best but it gets overplayed so much. The Temp has been over 80 degrees 96 days so far this year. It has not snowed since mid febuary & my guess is it we will not see snow until sometime in December(I could be wrong). We have had a great summer & the fall is looking good so far as well.

BTW, the forecast for Sunday is 71 degrees & Sunny which my guess will be the nicest weather among the 16 cities that are hosting football games this weekend.

Edited by Gordio

Bledsoe's legacy as a Bill can be summed up with thses two losses. Both on him. Without a doubt, the most unaccountable football player that I've ever followed. Terrible leader that the Pats let go in his "prime".

"As Buffalo quarterback Drew Bledsoe prepared to let fly with the potential game-winning touchdown pass, Warfield deliberately let Peerless Price, one of the league's most dangerous receivers, get a step on him deep. On a dead run, Price put out his hands. But at the last second, Warfield leaped high for a perfectly timed interception with 4:14 left to preserve the Chiefs' 17-16 victory over the Bills on Sunday."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=221117012

"The Steelers, who had clinched home-field advantage in the AFC playoffs, knocked off a Bills team that was among the hottest in the league. Buffalo had a chance to earn its first playoff berth since 1999.

"Pretty angry. ... I'm a little bit in shock," said red-eyed quarterback, Drew Bledsoe. "The bottom line is if we can't beat them with their backups on the field, then we probably don't deserve to be in."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=250102002

He did whine about the weather and blame bad play on it, but he started off his Buffalo comments with he was exiled to Buffalo and it was awful then went into the weather. His exiled to Buffalo comment had nothing to do with the weather, it was clear he didn't want to go from that statement. Who cares really, just thought it was interesting that Bledsoe would take shots at Buffalo all these years later at a Red Sox game. He also said how much he always liked "Tommy" and he still keeps in touch with "Tommy". The bitterness was seeping out of him.

You heard the interview, not me, so you're the best person to judge. But I know that sometimes I get super defensive and read way too much into anti-Buffalo comments to the point of distorting the principal point. I wonder if you might have done something similar here?

Bledsoe was awful here, but still classy, so this seems way out of character for him.