Sanchez's QBR

JPicc2114

Not a big fan of Sanchez on or off of the field, but his QBR rating of 17 just isn't right! I'll stress that I don't think hes a top QB, but he did play a solid game. I think the fact that McNabb received a higher rating than Sanchez clearly illustrates that ESPN has some tweaking to do with the QBR system! That is total BS! McNabb only passed for 39 yards. Sanchez had over 300. Sure, he had two dangerous turnovers, but at the end of the day, it was his arm that moved the ball for the Jets.

What they should do is average the QBR and traditional passer rating systems to come up with a NIQBRS (new and improved quarterback rating system)

Edited by saundena

Not a big fan of Sanchez on or off of the field, but his QBR rating of 17 just isn't right! I'll stress that I don't think hes a top QB, but he did play a solid game. I think the fact that McNabb received a higher rating than Sanchez clearly illustrates that ESPN has some tweaking to do with the QBR system! That is total BS! McNabb only passed for 39 yards. Sanchez had over 300. Sure, he had two dangerous turnovers, but at the end of the day, it was his arm that moved the ball for the Jets.

What they should do is average the QBR and traditional passer rating systems to come up with a NIQBRS (new and improved quarterback rating system)

In fairness to ESPN's system (God - did I really just say that?), if not for the even more boneheaded play of the opposing QB, Sanchez's mistakes would have cost them the game. The total yards really do not matter. QBs put up big yardage numbers in losses all the time. I like that aspect of the new system. (Even if ESPN is a bunch of clowns)

When given a gift wrapped possession at the end of the game, how many yards did Sanchez give to his kicker to make it an easier kick? Sanchez did just like Romo I'm the 4th quarter and tried to give the game to the opponent. The ESPN rating system seems to function just fine.

Dude, Sanchez just wins. He literally won them the game because the QB is the most important position on the field and he wins. He is also a handsome man. Can you believe how handsome he is? And also, he wins.

Sanchez even managed to block a punt, run it in for a touchdown AND intercept a pass and run it back into FG range from the sideline. Yup, he just wins.

When given a gift wrapped possession at the end of the game, how many yards did Sanchez give to his kicker to make it an easier kick? Sanchez did just like Romo I'm the 4th quarter and tried to give the game to the opponent. The ESPN rating system seems to function just fine.

To be fair the comparison point was 48% completions, less then 40 yards and also had a turnover.

Definately overrated rightnow. If you pay attention to some of their close wins and losses, when its crunch time, the Jets are very reserved with what passing plays they call. He is not outstanding at his position. They dont trust Sanchez yet. I think Fitz is better than him and Henne.

Thats good. He also averages two playoff wins a season during his career, half of what the Bills average during the season.

I didn't realize Sanchez played defense in addition to being entirely responsible for the offensive output of the Jets.

By this logic Sanchez also averages a playoff chokejob every year.

Dude, Sanchez just wins. He literally won them the game because the QB is the most important position on the field and he wins. He is also a handsome man. Can you believe how handsome he is? And also, he wins.

I just threw up in my mouth.

Thats good. He also averages two playoff wins a season during his career, half of what the Bills average during the season.

Yes - Sanchez wins games - he's amazing! I saw him sack the QB's of two different teams at one time to lead the Jes defense in another win, cuz he's a winner!!

I didn't realize Sanchez played defense in addition to being entirely responsible for the offensive output of the Jets.

By this logic Sanchez also averages a playoff chokejob every year.

You obviously didn't watch any playoff football the past two seasons. He has in no way been the reason the Jets lost either AFC Championship game, but on the other hand has played quite well in the post season. He isn't great, but like Flutie he wins.

You obviously didn't watch any playoff football the past two seasons. He has in no way been the reason the Jets lost either AFC Championship game, but on the other hand has played quite well in the post season. He isn't great, but like Flutie he wins.

I assumed they must have subbed him out of the Championship games, otherwise he would have won those too - 'cuz he's a winner and winning in the NFL is all about the QB and which one wins the game for his team the most.

It's cool he lets those other guys play with him on his team and pretend they won too, btw.