Lee Evans

cmjoyce113

Oh but c'mon, Evans is so good that a boot shouldn't have slowed him down?! I thought the amazing Lee Evans was the reason why the other WR's on the Bills were able to get open?

He's not a world beater, especially after 3 weeks while hurt.... But I can't see how you'd argue we are a better team without him today, even if you are a fan of the trade. Clearly you don't understand the conversation.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not a world beater, especially after 3 weeks while hurt.... But I can't see how you'd argue we are a better team without him today, even if you are a fan of the trade. Clearly you don't understand the conversation.

I was just being sarcastic amongst the doom & gloomers. In all seriousness, Evans is a class act and I do wish him well in Baltimore. Today, it was great to see Fitz spread it out to everyone, especially Scott Chandler.

Hard to say the Bills would have been a better team with him. At least today.

Hard to say the Bills would have been a better team with him. At least today.

We were great in the passing game overall. I would give away Lee Evans for nothing if we could do this every day, But guys were covered outside of Chandler all day. We didn't throw deep. We didn't stretch the field. We didn't have the middle of the field open outside of again, Chandler. I don't see how a deep threat wouldn't have made this game like the Packers or the Saints looked where they did everything they wanted. We did 2/3 of the things.

We were great in the passing game overall. I would give away Lee Evans for nothing if we could do this every day, But guys were covered outside of Chandler all day. We didn't throw deep. We didn't stretch the field. We didn't have the middle of the field open outside of again, Chandler. I don't see how a deep threat wouldn't have made this game like the Packers or the Saints looked where they did everything they wanted. We did 2/3 of the things.

You keep hammering your point about we didn't throw deep. We didn't because we didn't need to. Everything was working and we were not only in control but dominating. Running the clock and dictating the play. Why did we need to go deep today? I'm willing to bet you money you WILL see us go deep in games. Even without Lee the magnificent. I wish him all the best with the Ravens. I have nothing but the utmost respect for him as he did not one single thing wrong as a Bill. In fact I have praised him for the way he represented himself while here. But the team will not likely miss his somewhat one dimensional talent.

You keep hammering your point about we didn't throw deep. We didn't because we didn't need to. Everything was working and we were not only in control but dominating. Running the clock and dictating the play. Why did we need to go deep today? I'm willing to bet you money you WILL see us go deep in games. Even without Lee the magnificent. I wish him all the best with the Ravens. I have nothing but the utmost respect for him as he did not one single thing wrong as a Bill. In fact I have praised him for the way he represented himself while here. But the team will not likely miss his somewhat one dimensional talent.

So you believe this team would be worse, or better, or exactly the same, if you added a deep threat like Evans?

I'm actually sick of this argument, there is no answer to it. We won't know. And I'm thrilled with this team. We have seven or eight skill players that are pretty good, and a coach and a QB that is great at spreading the ball around. The one thing we are missing is a deep threat. Hopefully Easley will end up being that guy. We surely didnt need Evans today because of the result. And we couldn't go downfield because our line can hold for two seconds but not three.

So you believe this team would be worse, or better, or exactly the same, if you added a deep threat like Evans?

I'm actually sick of this argument, there is no answer to it. We won't know. And I'm thrilled with this team. We have seven or eight skill players that are pretty good, and a coach and a QB that is great at spreading the ball around. The one thing we are missing is a deep threat. Hopefully Easley will end up being that guy. We surely didnt need Evans today because of the result. And we couldn't go downfield because our line can hold for two seconds but not three.

At some point we will need to go deep. There's no way around it. You can win a game without but you can't have a winning season. Hopefully the line and WRs will show that moving forward. It was a very good game and game plan today. How anyone could think we are better without lee boggles my mind.

I know it sounds like I'm down on the team but truly I'm very excited.

Actually, How Evans does this year is a *HUGE* indication on whether *OUR* front office knows what its doing.

Not true at all.

How our receivers do is an indication.

How Evans does on another team with another offensive coordinator with another QB is not really relevant.

True, true. What's done is done. Time to enjoy the opening day win. Wish lee the best and the new buf wr's look promising.

If you want an answer I may say with Fitz as qb and the way he can obviously spread the ball around, I guess if you want an answer I will say we are better off without him. After 1 game :devil:

Seriously though if in his limited deep threat and not much else keeps someone off the field that Fitz may throw to 4 times in the game than ya I will say we're better off. The deep gamem will be there when we need it. I think you're putting too much emphasis on that aspect of this game today. Thats all.

Go Bills what a freaking fantastic way to start a season!

ya why have a deep threat right,We will never be behind and need a quick score! oh and donald jones had a whole 3 yards receiving. Ummmm we killed the cheifs in every phase and it was one game. I really wish we still had Lee and people who think one game means anything are probably the same people who also said that fitz sucked for a year and a half on this board.

some baltimore writers already wrote that lee was targeted just 4 times and helped pull safeties and coverages away from the intermediate level, and ummmm their other receivers did to do well today. but if it makes you all feel better....go donald jones yea 3 yards whooo hoooo, who needs a deep threat.