Why is no one talking Wannstadt?

PromoTheRobot

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thinking about this throughout the week. Just being the second year with Edwards change to 3-4, we HAVE to see upgrade overall in our front 7. Add in Dareus, Barnett and Lights Out and improvement is gauranteed. It'll be hard to discern new strategy based on just better and more experienced play.

I'm confident he's been crucial in who we added and new wrinkles devised. Unfortunately, I think we'll have to go back and review many games from last year ( :sick: ) to see new D-applications at work.

Let me know what you learn.. :flirt:

PTR... somebody at work said Friday the Bills defense got a lot better with Wanny as DC. I said he's not (wink) he's just a linebackers coach (snicker). I of course could not back up my words when asked then who is the DC?

if anyone believes wanny is th defacto DC, then we are in for an interesting year. If he is truly a LB coach with a little extra sway in personnel and gameplanning, then cool. That kind of secret leadership and power struggle is the last thing we need.

im hoping with more talent edwards looks much better.

I'm hoping the run defense is improved and they make better halftime adjustments

More so than halftime, I'd like to see 4th quarter 'bait & switch' tactics, ala Belichek. That's as big a reason for his high winning % as Brady's 4th qrt. play. Ever notice the Pats* do something different defensively then, than previously in the game? Blitzes from unforeseen places/not-seen drop back coverage schemes by DL, etc. They seem to lull the opponent into a game-long sense of where they're coming from, then pull a switcheroo in a key, late series.

To me, it's designed that way through the previous weeks' game planning.

..and I LOVE to see this from the Bills, rather than react!

Wanny will definitely have an effect. He'll make sure that the linebackers are in the right place. He will also be a good field general. Think of Wanny as a 3 star general and Gailey as a 4 star general.

The idea that there is some kind of power struggle is way overblown.

LB is one (4)? position(s) that we've markedly improved upon this off season.

I think the LB's will be coached-up a lot during the game.

The group has some nice depth and youth.

Hope its not something we have to rely on real early in the season.

Wanny's impact should be felt in the game planning each week.

I think that's a perfect match for his talents and the team's needs.

Wanny will definitely have an effect. He'll make sure that the linebackers are in the right place. He will also be a good field general. Think of Wanny as a 3 star general and Gailey as a 4 star general.

The idea that there is some kind of power struggle is way overblown.

any issue isnt gailey vs wanny its with edwards, if it exists. if you think that DW is basically the new DC, then i worry, otherwise, im alllll for it. if hes basically in charge of the middle of the d, and some big strokes conversations that a typical lb coach isnt in on, than im 100% comfortable.

Maybe Fitz will ditch the beard in favor of the Wannstache!

Maybe the O can grow beards and the D can sport staches.

Wanstache will have a big impact this season. No longer will our D be a doormat. This is just the beginning of a great defense.

any issue isnt gailey vs wanny its with edwards, if it exists. if you think that DW is basically the new DC, then i worry, otherwise, im alllll for it. if hes basically in charge of the middle of the d, and some big strokes conversations that a typical lb coach isnt in on, than im 100% comfortable.

I never said anything about an issue between Gailey and Wannsedt. And I am well aware of the misguided notion that Wannstedt is the defacto defensive coordinator. He came here knowing his role (LBs coach/asst. head coach). I just meant there is no need to worry about a coaching controversy.

I never said anything about an issue between Gailey and Wannsedt. And I am well aware of the misguided notion that Wannstedt is the defacto defensive coordinator. He came here knowing his role (LBs coach/asst. head coach). I just meant there is no need to worry about a coaching controversy.

i agree, and thats the impression i have to. i hate reading the posts about how hes the secret DC.

the way you worded the original post i misinterpreted as addressing those two, perhaps as they have history with DW in charge of CG, there was someone worrying about their dynamic.