Sam Young Claimed (OL)

Welborn9

It must stink for Ruvell Martin to make the cut one day and then be cut the next because they need room for Sam Young. The article on the TwoBillsDrive.com homepage quotes him as looking forward to work with the spread offense........ Not For Long <NFL>

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills FO sat on their a$$e$ while Gaither, McKinnie and Gurode signed. I'm thinking you're a little late with your question. Marc Colombo sat out there a while too after being released by the Cowboys. Right now, I'd say there aren't any. That is why people bash, and rightfully so. By the way, Hangartner was snapped up pretty quickly.

Buddy said in the interview today "they're trying to be ascending on everything they do, arrow always pointing up" to a question in reference to Evans and Hangartner. Gaither, McKinnie, and Gurode probably fit the "guys on the decline" mold as well.

The Bills FO sat on their a$$e$ while Gaither, McKinnie and Gurode signed. I'm thinking you're a little late with your question. Marc Colombo sat out there a while too after being released by the Cowboys. Right now, I'd say there aren't any. That is why people bash, and rightfully so. By the way, Hangartner was snapped up pretty quickly.

As I mentioned in another OL related thread, these are the types of players we will pick up. Similar to Urbik and Pears and the TE the just acquired. They are looking for the diamond in the rough. A young player with some potential that they can hopefully develop.

No quick fixes here. This rebuild is not on a 3 year plan. It will take at least 4 years and that is only if they hit big on the their drafts.

The Cowboys release him to make room for Dockerry ??? Are you kidding me, Dockery was awful in Buffalo so if we follow the logic Dockery is better than Young....so....We still need a good offensive lineman. I heard Ryan Harris was cut from the eagles why not him, is he injured or something ????

The Cowboys release him to make room for Dockerry ??? Are you kidding me, Dockery was awful in Buffalo so if we follow the logic Dockery is better than Young....so....We still need a good offensive lineman. I heard Ryan Harris was cut from the eagles why not him, is he injured or something ????

Yup.

I'm with you, Bob.

For so many fellas around here, every move the Bills make is the wrong one, always.

Yep.

The whole Tyson Clabo episode was funny to me (and I really wanted him).

As an undrafted player,Tyson Clabo was on 3 different rosters in 2004 alone. He's played for 5 different teams… and was literally kicking around the league.

Only once Clabo became a Pro Bowl alternate at the age of 29 during his 7th NFL season did he become desirable in the eyes of Bills fans.

Now if the Bills were to sign the next Tyson Clabo, there's a large % of posters here who would criticize the team OUT OF HAND.

I mean, of course, Pears, Rinehart, Urbik and Chandler have ZERO CHANCE of ever becoming good football players.

I understand the "benefit of the doubt" thing as it regards a team in the midst of a decade plus of futility but seriously, some people just can't give it a rest.

Signing Sam Young is an interesting move and one that bears watching.

As I mentioned in another OL related thread, these are the types of players we will pick up. Similar to Urbik and Pears and the TE the just acquired. They are looking for the diamond in the rough. A young player with some potential that they can hopefully develop.

No quick fixes here. This rebuild is not on a 3 year plan. It will take at least 4 years and that is only if they hit big on the their drafts.

ugghh. 3-4 years. I was not aware that was our agreement. i was under the assumption that one more more draft would do it.

If we are able to collar some picks similar to the last two years over the next two years we should have quite a contender.

This build through the draft is taking forever.

Yep.

As an undrafted player,Tyson Clabo was on 3 different rosters in 2004 alone. He's played for 5 different teams… and was literally kicking around the league.

Only once Clabo became a Pro Bowl alternate at the age of 29 during his 7th NFL season did he become desirable in the eyes of Bills fans.

Now if the Bills were to sign the next Tyson Clabo, there's a large % of posters here who would criticize the team OUT OF HAND.

I mean, of course, Pears, Rinehart, Urbik and Chandler have ZERO CHANCE of ever becoming good football players.

I understand the "benefit of the doubt" thing as it regards a team in the midst of a decade plus of futility but seriously, some people just can't give it a rest.

Thanks for another good, reasonable post. Who knows if Young makes it or not but the whining about this move is unbelievable. When Clabo, who became the greatest thing since slice bread this offseason, was Young's age, he was bouncing around from team to team. The Giants' SB winning team of a few years that was widely considered the best in the NFL for a few years, was made up of castoffs and low round draft picks.

I don't care if it took 9 or 10 seasons to get to the Pro Bowl...we could have used him.

Signing Cowboy vomit is a joke.

I'm all for 'building through the draft', but supplementing the odd bad draft pick in a situation that warrants it isn't illegal...especially when you have so much money to spend right now.

Yep.

So true, especially the bolded parts. I would go one step further: once Clabo became a Pro Bowl alternate, signing him became for many people the only measure of the Bills' commitment to winning.

That Sestak guy in your profile was once a diamond in the rough also. He turned out Ok.

I will give the Bills credit here. They should be bringing in guys weekly. I never understood what they saw in Martin anyway.

Yep.

I really don't have a problem with waiting for the guy to develop into a pro bowl tackle and then paying him what he's worth in free agency. I haven't particularly enjoyed these first couple years of D Bell.

Yes, it's ridiculous that we don't go add one of the guys Senator mentioned.

No, that does not mean you should get angry every time they add a young lineman you've never heard of.

Nick Kaczur > Sam Young > nobody

Offensive line is our biggest need. We have a lot of bodies at WR. How could it possibly be a bad thing to let Ruvell go and pick up a lineman?

Edited by Big Bad Boone