Welborn9

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So who gets cut to make room for Young?

I think they only had 52 on the roster.

St Thomas Aquinas HS product. Played at Notre Dame, seemed to struggle a bit but started as a freshman there. Big kid, that's for sure.

For clarification, it's the St Thomas Aquinas in Ft Lauderdale FL, not Rochester NY.

i could see a lot of roster turnover throughout the season. if buddy feels he can add someone who could concievably be better than someone else, they will make a move. like last year, i can envision a revolving door with o-linemen coming and going in an effort to find youngsters who may have some intriguing qualities.

Sounds interesting, but likely does nothing to help the situation right now. Keep praying for no injuries up front...

Meh, not sure how big a difference it makes. The line got really banged up last year, but how much did it really hurt us? What's the difference between Cordaro Howard, Mansfield Wrotto, and Cornell Green? After all 3 of those guys got hurt last year, we turned to Erik Pears, who is now an entrenched starter. Same with Urbik at RG and Wood at C - those players only started there due to injury last year, and are now unquestioned starters at those spots.

I'm sure if Young gets into a game anytime soon, there'll be a dropoff from whomever he replaces. At least until Young learns the playbook. But fundamentally, I don't see our crappy backups as being that much worse than our crappy starters. We'll see, I guess.

Offensive linemen very rarely impress coming out of college and most don't for at least a couple of years. He is young and could possibly develop into a good pickup. He did stick with Dallas when they cut down to the 53 man roster so he can't be that bad. We'll see. I am glad that the OL is adding some depth.