I know the Bills have options with the O-line

Beerball

Our back-ups are downright scary. Hairston really looks the part and has a good future but would probably get killed in the regular season right now if forced to play. If a OG goes down, Rinehart can at least play. If Wood goes down, Levitre or Urbik will likely play C and Rinehart will fill that spot. We really need a veteran back-up OL, and maybe we'll sign one after week one when the contract doesn't have to be fully guaranteed.

People forget that Pears started 10 games at LT for the Broncos, he could be in the mix for that spot if needed.

My guess is that Levitre moves during the game if Bell goes down, if the injury is for a couple of games or worse, Pears moves to LT, Hairston starts at RT and the interior stays intact.

He played against nobodies in the preseason but I have a feeling he'll be starting much sooner than anyone expects.

I would be lieing if I said that didnt give me a moment of pause but I saw what i saw.....Hairston is a powerful guy with very good technique.

I am not saying I want him to start right now because if that happens then the bell experiment has failed but i feel much more comfortable with hairston in then rhinheart

People forget that Pears started 10 games at LT for the Broncos, he could be in the mix for that spot if needed.

My guess is that Levitre moves during the game if Bell goes down, if the injury is for a couple of games or worse, Pears moves to LT, Hairston starts at RT and the interior stays intact.

Pears was a member of 4 organizations in 3 years: Denver, Jacksonville, Oakland, and now Buffalo. It doesn't matter if he started 4 seasons ago, regardless of what Nix says about the player. The starting OL is a major cause for concern.

I am shocked that we are going into the season with this group of starters and back-ups. Our tackles are probably two of the worst in the NFL, although I think Pears would be a good back-up at both LT and RT. There are always injuries, and I cannot understand why the Bills did not bring in a veteran player or two for depth, particularly since it does not seem that we have a number of promising young players on the o-line who would be negatively impacted.

I am shocked that we are going into the season with this group of starters and back-ups. Our tackles are probably two of the worst in the NFL, although I think Pears would be a good back-up at both LT and RT. There are always injuries, and I cannot understand why the Bills did not bring in a veteran player or two for depth, particularly since it does not seem that we have a number of promising young players on the o-line who would be negatively impacted.

I sat and watched jason peters get abused the other day something aweful.....on one play he pushed his man INTO vick.....the patriots cannot protect tom brady in preseason with their starters.....yet Pears has been solid throughout......but is not good enough

IT SHOULD NOT MATTER WHAT THE NAME IS ON THE BACK OF THE JERSEY....it should matter if they are doing their job...which pears is......

the paroting on this board is maddening

No backups for LT, Center & RG.

link

Hey at least Rinehart has a backup :D . Seriously though Brown and Rinehart can back up both gurds, Urbick will back up Woods, Levitre backs up Bell and Hairston will swing for both tackles who has looked good on the left side. Now Jasper is working RT he is an option as well. At first I was opposed to Jasper going to the offense because I really wanted a big NT and I'm concerned about him handling speed rushers but if he can get his weight down to 365 and Hairston is up to 345 now they would make a formidable duo.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Hey at least Rinehart has a backup :D . Seriously though Brown and Rinehart can back up both gurds, Urbick will back up Woods and Hairston will swing for both tackles who has looked good on the left side. Now Jasper is working RT he is an option as well. At first I was opposed to Jasper going to the offense because I really wanted a big NT and I'm concerned about him handling speed rushers but if he can get his weight down to 365 and Hairston is up to 345 now they would make a formidable duo.

Of course, there is more to line play, say nothing of formidable line play, than being a certain weight (not that that's what you meant exactly).

not to mention that when you get to a certain point....all that weight works against you rather then for you.......

not sure if you noticed it...but in the Lions game Hairston played nearly the whole game....and i thought that as the game wore on he started getting winded.

Hairston....as good as i think he can be...actually needs to drop about 15 pounds in the belly to be as good as he can be......he was not ready to play a full game.