More Cuts per T. Graham

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Poop. I liked Coleman. He played his heart out this pre-season and made some good, heady plays. I was hoping he would be kept. Jasper isn't a big surprise with the discovery of Heard. Hope we can get him to the PS and harness his size and talent.

Could see the Jasper cut coming. Kellen Heard played very well this preseason and Jasper appeared to

have gained back some of the weight he had lost. If they opt to put him on the practice squad, he has

some obvious strength/power, but must work on his conditioning and technique. Here's hoping that

he is on the Bills' PS and works his butt off.

I am surprised if Antonio Coleman was cut as he seemed to have played very well in the exhibitions.

I am interested to see if Robert Eddins made it. He played hard and made some impact plays. Same

with Batten.

Poop. I liked Coleman. He played his heart out this pre-season and made some good, heady plays. I was hoping he would be kept. Jasper isn't a big surprise with the discovery of Heard. Hope we can get him to the PS and harness his size and talent.

I was one of those who was seriously rooting for Jasper (beyond reason), but he showed NOTHING in pre-season. I'm still surprised that a guy with that much size, strength, and athleticism showed such little pop out off the line and so little ability to push people around or separate from his block. I thought his problem was going to be the playbook and technique, not strength and power issues. He may make the practice squad, but I think there was enough young talent that deserve it more.

I was one of those who was seriously rooting for Jasper (beyond reason), but he showed NOTHING in pre-season. I'm still surprised that a guy with that much size, strength, and athleticism showed such little pop out off the line and so little ability to push people around or separate from his block. I thought his problem was going to be the playbook and technique, not strength and power issues. He may make the practice squad, but I think there was enough young talent that deserve it more.

Could not have said it better myself. It's not that he didn't even get push, it's that he was PUSHED backwards a good deal of the time.

Could see the Jasper cut coming. Kellen Heard played very well this preseason and Jasper appeared to

have gained back some of the weight he had lost. If they opt to put him on the practice squad, he has

some obvious strength/power, but must work on his conditioning and technique. Here's hoping that

he is on the Bills' PS and works his butt off.

I am surprised if Antonio Coleman was cut as he seemed to have played very well in the exhibitions.

I am interested to see if Robert Eddins made it. He played hard and made some impact plays. Same

with Batten.

Agreed. I don't think any team will sign Jasper to their active roster, he's a good bet for the PS. Honestly though, he looked horrible to me. I didn't expect much, even after I read a lot about him, but he didn't impress at all.

There are some pretty decent rumors that Eddins and Battan both made the team. Battan's facebook fan page backs that up, as well as some twitter stuff for Eddins. Of course they are hardly anything official or from viable sources but there is also no reason to not believe them. Battan will make it, I'm sure. Eddins looked very good to me, but that came against second and third teamers.

Chris White, allegedly, has made the team according to some joker on the bills.com site who claims he spoke to him on the phone and went to college with him. Right now there is no reason to not believe it, but it is still blatant rumor. I thought White would make it, too.

Edited by Kelly the Fair and Balanced Dog

Exactly. That workout video was impressive but i saw nothing after that

Could not have said it better myself. It's not that he didn't even get push, it's that he was PUSHED backwards a good deal of the time.

He will have to learn technique at this level. All the skeptics have beensaying this since April. Every day he couldn't cone work with coaches this offseason hurt him. When pushing guys in the middle - 350 vs 380 isn't near as big a difference as being able to use your hands, have good footwork, balance. Centers get hit in the face by freaks of nature every week. They learn how to handle big, it's skilled that's going to take him time. Just like he never had an NFL nutrition plan, he never had NFL coaching.

Could have come down to Coleman or Moats. I think Coleman is PS eligible.

Ding ding ding. You can't just look at who you like most but how to also assemble the best roster. Sometimes the guys 45-60 don't fall in an order of talent but also need and eligibility among other things.

Jasper didn't show nothing. If you watched the 4th preseason game, you saw he was beginning to understand how to shed blocks. I saw a big improvement, but obviously not enough to make the active roster.

Think you are right. Thought Jasper actually looked good on a couple of plays against Lions. And that was a big improvement because, as you say, he had shown nothing. Given how raw he is showing improvement over a few preseason games is a vcery positive sign. He belongs on the PS asa developing player.